The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 am

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SSF2 Beta's Most Unpopular Character (Poll) 

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Now that it has officially been a week since SSF2 Beta has been released and people have had a chance to get a taste of the game online ...with some more successful than others, I think it would be a good time to bring this poll back.

Who do you all think is the most unpopular character in SSF2?

Now before I post the poll let me preference a few things some of you may ask in this thread:

1. No, the meaning of "most unpopular" does not have to be defined by one idea or one reason.
2. You may see the character as unpopular because of the lack of play it gets online or overall in the game-play of Beta.
3. You and others in the community may see the character as cheap and annoying because of it's move-set and abuse among players, (For example, Naruto in 0.9b); that may be your reasoning for it's unpopularity.
4. Or maybe you just think that the character is very weak, useless, unessential and does not bring anything of worth towards the game and it's roster.

Whatever your reasoning is for picking whatever character you choose, your opinion is worth being known. Remember, the definition of what unpopular is absolute, but the reasoning for said unpopularity can be many.

Vote for the most unpopular character here: https://goo.gl/hYtHsP
Check results here: https://goo.gl/siEgmV

Also, tell me if I should make a poll for the most popular character in SSF2 Beta or if this is enough.

Now vote away!!

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Last edited by JalStar on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:50 pm

why didn't you make the poll with your thread

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:54 pm

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
NZ wrote:

I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm blind but either I couldn't find the thread or it got cleaned with the other threads that got deleted.

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
NZ wrote:

Also, you can't make a poll with more than ten options.

...And my option is Falco. I stand by the belief that he adds nothing to the game unless you're already highly experienced in the tournament scene, which is a much smaller demographic than you'd think.

I do KNOW the differences between him and Fox, but even knowing them, he still just feels like an old character with an added handicap rather than a new character entirely to me. He still just feels like the clone he is.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:08 pm

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
I never liked sora gameplay wise. His moveset changes almost every version and I find him overall clunking to use.

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:24 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
squirtkipfan0 wrote:
I never liked sora gameplay wise. His moveset changes almost every version and I find him overall clunking to use.

implying you were here for any build besides beta

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Bandana Dee
Oh boy, I hate him so much.
Moving aside the fact that the moveset was an overall letdown (despite lots of it being served in a silver plate), this character it's just not fun to play, from a laggy as hell S-Tilt, with a minuscule hitbox in the Dash Attack (which makes you jump and forced to attack into the air), Spear being all clunky and slow, specially given the fact it always travels in an arc so you'll most likely fail the attack about 90% of the time, not helped by the fact that you can't use the move unless the Spear hits the ground, leaves the stage, disappears, which takes forever, etc, etc, etc.

Overall, I could have ignored the complete flaws this character's moveset has and enjoy a fun moveset. But no, this guy just feels completely unviable and not fun to play as.
Ganondorf's moveset isn't canon at all in Smash 4, but at least he's fun to play as. This guy has nothing for me, aside from the taunt, but that's it.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
Kirb-Star wrote:
Bandana Dee
Moving aside the fact that the moveset was an overall letdown (despite lots of it being served in a silver plate), this character it's just not fun to play, from a laggy as hell S-Tilt, with a minuscule hitbox in the Dash Attack (which makes you jump and forced to attack into the air), Spear being all clunky and slow, specially given the fact it always travels in an arc so you'll most likely fail the attack about 90% of the time, not helped by the fact that you can't use the move unless the Spear hits the ground, leaves the stage, disappears, which takes forever, etc, etc, etc.

Overall, I could have ignored the complete flaws this character's moveset has and enjoy a fun moveset. But no, this guy just feels completely unviable and not fun to play as.
Ganondorf's moveset isn't canon at all in Smash 4, but at least he's fun to play as. This guy has nothing for me, aside from the taunt, but that's it.

Don't play him then

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Kirb-Star wrote:
Bandana Dee

Y-Yeah right, h-he's really cute, I-I k-know, right? T-That's what you are trying to s-say... RIGHT?

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:35 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
I honestly don't like Dee's moveset either
Not as a Kirby fan, because I know next to nothing about the series, but because it's so weird. And not in a cool way like Luffy either, but in an awkward, overly disjointed sense
However, I think minor changes to a few of his moves are all that's needed to fix him up

On the other hand, Yoshi...Yoshi is literally on life support atm, and seriously needs a recolour or something of the sorts so that he doesn't fade away into obscurity

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Eh, I completely disagree. Bandana Dee is a character of my style; I like being tricky/playing as tricky characters. I agree that Bandana Dee's dash attack fails to hit the player 90% of the time for new players but it also opens up a tricky way to combo your opponents. Same goes for his f-throw, you jump right after throwing your opponent, leaving you open for some more aerial attacks. His smash attacks could be improved, though. And maybe his recovery just a little bit more. That said, I don't want to turn this into a character specific thread but I really like him as a character. Already giting gud.

He's nothing but an unexplored character.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
asuhdude wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Bandana Dee

Don't play him then

That's not my problem ya dip.

My problem it's that I was really looking forward to this character despite the weird a** moveset, but when Beta released... I was disappointed.
Extremely disappointed on how unfun this char was because of all the problems I mentioned above and beyond.
Honestly this is the character I hate the most in SSF2 because he was such a complete letdown, I wasn't too fond of Falco and Luffy in first place, so my expectations were extremely low. At the end I found them to be pretty fun. Unlike here, were even with all the ruckus I made a few months ago whenever I complained about this character, I still had high hopes that all the weird a** moveset changes were going to be for the best (a good and fun character)
Unfortunately this wasn't the case, as I said above.
On one thing, it's not a bad character, but mostly an extremely disappointing one. These are two different sins, but overall I feel "disappointing" it's much, much worse than "bad".
Luckily he gets fixed someday.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:04 pm

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
CPU Ness: "PK Fire!"

Nah, I'm gonna go with Danny and say Yoshi. I rarely see anyone play with this guy nowadays: Yoshi could really use a touch up to get some attention or something lol.

Last edited by ByeOrDie on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 pm
BR Member

Do any of you know what unpopular means lol

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
goml wrote:
Do any of you know what unpopular means lol

According to my toxic 4chan dictionary Unpopular means the s*** character of them all.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next