The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
Mario 

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
So I had this weird idea... what if, when Mario attacks his own fireball with a physical attack, it changes the trajectory of the fireball, as well as extending the time before the fireball disappears?

It'd sure look cool.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Crow Robot wrote:
So I had this weird idea... what if, when Mario attacks his own fireball with a physical attack, it changes the trajectory of the fireball, as well as extending the time before the fireball disappears?

It'd sure look cool.

That would also mean seither less lag in it of a slower travel speed so he can catch up with it. Sounds great, but I think its way too situational.

Other point: How does one play Mario? Im willing to give him a try, but all I do is Bair and Fireball^^

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:24 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
You can play him like me, Falcon style

Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:40 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Is it me or is Mario's Uair easier to follow up then CF's. I didnt get the hang of cf yet and I dont really use Mario alot so maybe its just me

Also it would be nice if mario's fireball would cancel links boomerang. Reason is that Link's boomerang is easier to use and more annoying to deal with :V

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:35 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Mario is to me a very similar character to Falcon as far as punish game goes, but his uair is just worse: less range so harder to hit with, reduced speed means that your combos are tighter and don't work at as many percents, etc.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Mario is to me a very similar character to Falcon as far as punish game goes, but his uair is just worse: less range so harder to hit with, reduced speed means that your combos are tighter and don't work at as many percents, etc.

The up air is similar, but I think Falcon's punish game is better due to his grab & throw game and certain follow ups into knee.

@Air
Sometimes it's easier, but not really. For dedicated Falcon players, Falcon's regular fast falling speed is high which makes him better at l-canceling the move and makes him have better follow ups when compared to Mario.

Also like Code said his up air has less range, I don't think it's harder to hit with though. However, Mario also doesn't have the great mobility that Falcon has. Falcon has better air speed, better dashing speed and better walking speed. So in total Falcon's punish game is way stronger than Mario's.

Both Falcon's and Mario's up airs were given more knockback to make the move much harder for up air chains like last demo which Falcon and Mario were known for. It was their bread and butter. However, Falcon's up air is more versatile than Mario's is due to Falcon's attributes and the multiple better options that Falcon has to follow up after the move.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I wish Mario's dtilt was just a wakeup that would lead to some pretty dank combo's and would give mario more attention lol

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:00 pm
BR Member

By wakeup do you mean jab reset? Why isn't jab good enough for that?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:37 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
By wakeup do you mean jab reset? Why isn't jab good enough for that?

I forgot about jab. And everybody's jab can wakeup. Im saying make it like sora's dtilt. And its easier lol atleast for me I suck s*** at this game

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:41 am
BR Member

I think jab resets are hardly frame-perfect techniques: if you can't jab reset with jab, that's your problem.

Mario doesn't need the dtilt that Sora has, though: dash attack is a useful move that fills a similar void, but you wouldn't want to buff Mario's neutral too much by making one of his best-ranged options also be an excellent combo starter. As of now it's a useful combo extender and can do some pretty cool stuff like nair -> dtilt -> fair, but I wouldn't want Mario mains to be able to abuse it against swordsmen: that's what fireballs are for.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:50 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think jab resets are hardly frame-perfect techniques: if you can't jab reset with jab, that's your problem.

Mario doesn't need the dtilt that Sora has, though: dash attack is a useful move that fills a similar void, but you wouldn't want to buff Mario's neutral too much by making one of his best-ranged options also be an excellent combo starter. As of now it's a useful combo extender and can do some pretty cool stuff like nair -> dtilt -> fair, but I wouldn't want Mario mains to be able to abuse it against swordsmen: that's what fireballs are for.

I can jab reset just fine but I realized that in actuality how jank it would be

But I still think mario's fireballs should cancel Links boomerangs

And does mario's cape when used on goku in the first frames of his recovery change where hes going too? I never had the chance to test it cause f*** man its so haaard

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Hakma wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

I can jab reset just fine but I realized that in actuality how jank it would be

But I still think mario's fireballs should cancel Links boomerangs

And does mario's cape when used on goku in the first frames of his recovery change where hes going too? I never had the chance to test it cause f#%$& man its so haaard

Nope

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:51 pm

ZERO_OR wrote:
Nope

yo that kind of sucks

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Just got my controller, and now he is 10x easier to use. But im not good with him yet. I was told be someone during a friendly that i was the worst mario with the best potential. I wanna grasp that potential. I work on him everyday.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:05 am
BR Member

Mario is first and foremost a fundamentals character, so you have the advantage that it's a lot easier to switch from Mario to another character than it is to learn a spammy character first and then switch to Mario.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:05 am
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next