The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:00 am

[ 4 posts ] 
Rem got lost and found her way here. 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Name (aka Handle): Remilia Prower

How old are you?: 27

Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game) Rem (for some reason she was named Tails in this game) I main Tails because I'm an addict.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.): Been playing since games' beginnings. Discovered competitive smash is an existing phenomenon last summer.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place? I attended Xanadu once and Apex 2015. The time I went to Xanadu Mew2King was there. I didn't know who he was. I was playing SSF2 in the venue and he noticed it and commented on it, but he didn't play with me. I did not participate in either venue's tournaments.

When did you start playing SSF2? Version 0.9a

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain. Temple. Because I've been playing there for some odd 15 years? I dunno.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings Tails, because I'm biased. why would this character perform on a higher level than all others? Meta Knight. He's short, has the fastest dash animation, high lateral air speed, 6 jumps that reach to the heavens, and has a disjoint the size of a butter knife.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others? SageHarpuia because he has the lowest tournament rank. Poor guy. Peach. She's a walking blob of ineffectual pixelation. I main here in every game but this one. This is the only game where I can't do air turnip throw to fair because it just makes her pick the turnip back up the moment she throws it. You can use the cstick to fair after a throw though. She also has poopishly short range.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why? Spectator mode.

What is your view on items in competitive play? Why not? Just don't put money on a tournament containing such.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam. I have both. I use neither.

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible. I don't even know why I'd want to join. I just wanted to flood this thread with another application. In successive stages of the game, I'll be streaming more, hosting tournaments, advertising the game to smash venues, and if I can afford it, award prizes to winners. Perhaps one day I'll submit fanart and stuff for this game too. The possibilities are endless.

I'm not an exceptional applicant. Perhaps one day that will change.

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uUlL0d0iLQ

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ok. Question time.

1. Analyze the Peach versus Chibi-Robo matchup. Go over aspects such as which character wins neutral, who has the better punish game, and anything else that you deem important to a matchup. Be as detailed as you feel is necessary. Conclude your analysis by stating which character wins and assigning a ratio. e.g. 60:40, 90:10, etc.

2. Using the following list of stages as starters and assuming that Peach strikes first, on which stage will Peach and Chibi-Robo likely play their first game of a set? Who will strike which stages and why? Hazards are set to off unless otherwise noted.

Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Pokémon Stadium III
Wario Ware Inc.

a) What is Tails' best matchup? Why?
b) What is Tails' worst matchup? Why?

4. Should Mirror Chamber be a tournament-legal stage? Why or why not? If yes, should it be a starter or a counterpick?

Mon May 18, 2015 2:00 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
1. There is no winner if the stage is neutral. At this present time, I see Peach players built on nair. Chibi Robo can outrange her with grabs, fsmash and a properly aimed fair. Despite this, a properly used Peach can just Turnip throw back. Peach's nair and fair will still have plenty of priority over any of CR's non disjoint / ranged attacks, and since the current patch's CR has an fsmash hurtbox if I remember right, that can be taken advantage of. Being in the proper position is the winner here. Either player can punish a missed attack. I declare this match 50/50 in the hands of well handled users.

2. Stage striking will end up being irrelevant. The majority of players start on Smashville. If anything at all, Peach would want to go to Dreamland to take advantage of her lateral recovery, Chibi Robo would want WarioWare because The plats will block Peach's aerial approches. If she attempts a shorthop float approach, CR will cast neutral b to disrupt her. Then there's Cr's bair and upair kill options. He will have an easy time autocanceling his kill moves going from plat to plat. A congested space is good for CR.

3. Tails' best matchup is Captain Falcon. Captain falcon can approach quickly, but most of Tails' attacks have priority of Captain Falcon's attacks. Many of CF's attacks also have high endlag, so if you miss, Tails will easily punish him. Tails can block falcon kick and raptor boost with photon cannon if that is attempted. Whether spaced or at close combat, Tails has too high an advantage over CF whether it be attack speed or attack priority, he has it over CF.

Tails' worst matchup is Meta Knight. No one else even comes close to being a counterpick to Tails. Meta Knight is short, so some shorthop attacks will miss. MK has a faster Dash animation, so if you run away, MK will overtake you by dash cancelling. MetaKnight has one more jump than Tails, and all of his jump's reach height quicker than Tail's so if MK is working to recover high, Tails will not be able to reach him. One could argue that you could just wait for him to come down, but then there's Meta Knight's sword. MetaKnight has a disjoint. Tails does not. People have claimed that Tails' upsmash and Dsmash have disjoints, but those have shorter range than MetaKnight's attacks, making them obsolete. Meta Knight has a longer grab range than Tails. His grab range is pretty high in general, so if you attempt a spindash approach, he can grab it, let alone shield it.

Tails has advantages over much of the cast, and is more technical than most characters, but many of his options are just not viable against Meta Knight. He is the only character in the cast I have yet to identify a stratagem to overtake him.

4. Mirror Chamber should be legal. Five plats is not an excuse, WarioWare has four. Low height of the plats is not an excuse, as Fountain of Dreams in Melee is a legal stage and has the same height peculiarities, plus those move. However, because the blast zones are closer to the stage than most neutrals, this is best used as a counter pick.

For the record, I believe any stage that is symmetrical, decently wide, and doesn't have a pit dividing the middle should be tournament viable. This does not include maps where you can walk all the way to the blast zone, such as Bomb Factory. Allowing a stage like that would give range grabbers a desire to camp the blast zone for a low percent kill.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Mon May 18, 2015 7:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Apologies, it seems that this application was momentarily forgotten.

We thank you for your interest in the Back Room. However, we must decline your application at this time. Feel free to apply again after the release of SSF2 Beta.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:57 pm
 [ 4 posts ]