The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm

[ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
MG Mafia XVI: Breaking Bad Mafia (Game Over) 

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Yeah, ok. Fine. Hope this was the right decision.
Vote: Cactus

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
someone lynch idgaf if it's stated for intent or not

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:04 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Blah.

I'm probably going to regret this.

Vote: Cactush

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:24 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Twilight Phase begins now

AMA

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:16 pm
Site Moderator

A slow and long day ends with a quick decision. "f*** it" says the town. Time was running out, discussion was going nowhere, everyone gave up. This guy had been given plenty of chances to fight, warnings of all sorts. His time was up. They found his body hanging from a lamppost, DEA uniform and all. Of course.

You are Steven Gomez, Hank Schrader's fellow DEA agent and best friend. You, like Hank, are an efficient agent who never backs down. You excel at stakeouts and tailing suspects.

Abilities

Stakeout: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will keep an eye on that player's house, and will receive the names of everyone who visits that player that Night. You cannot use this the same Night you use Tail 'em.

Tail 'em: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will tail that player around throughout the night, and will receive the name of whoever they visited that Night, if any. You cannot use this the same Night you use Stakeout.

Win Condition

You are aligned with the Albuquerque Town. You win when all threats to the town have been killed.

This could be it. The final night. The group separates, more anxious than ever. They lock and block their doors, cover their windows, hide in their closets. They sit around, waiting to die.

YouTube Video:

Night 7 begins now

AMA

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 pm
Site Moderator

The night is quiet. As the dawn sun rises, there's a glimmer of hope. The remaining survivors look out their windows and see a shocking sight: nothing. The town is as it should be. They muster up the courage to step outside, and they aren't gunned down instantly. On the way to the meeting hall, silence. One of the men brings a bottle of wine and a vegetable platter to celebrate. But as they arrive, one's missing. Instead of conducting an immediate search, they give the man some time. After all, he's probably just late. There's no reason for the killers to be hiding bodies when they outnumber the town. They wait an hour, then two, and four hours later he's no where to be seen...

and then he arrived. He apologizes, of course. He was too afraid to leave his home, convinced he would be taken out. He joins them in the drinking and snacking, as the day continues as normal.

The man who brought the wine politely excuses himself to the restroom, as does the one man who decided not to drink. The three others continue to chat, drink, stuff their faces with carrots and broccoli. Normality. Maybe even fun.

Collapse. The stoner hits the floor. The two others feel nauseous. The cowardly lawyer soon follows the first, falling to the floor. The remaining man, an MIT grad, realizes what's happened. His employer comes back into the room with the older man. As the wine-bringer wipes throw up from his lips, the scientist falls to his knees. "...You?" is all he can muster before succumbing to the poison. The mastermind turns and leaves without a word, knowing that at last, he has won.

194 was killed Night 7
Pachino, Town Mason (Badger) was poisoned in the endgame
Dr.Geno, Town Flavor Cop (Gale Boetticher) was poisoned in the endgame

Brik, Mafia Godfather/Framer (Gustavo Fring), and Apple Engi, Mafia Rolecop/Janitor (Mike Ehrmantraut), have massacred the town and gotten away.

Spoilers for Season 4

YouTube Video:

The Mafia have won the game

AMA

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 am
Site Moderator

As opposed to what some mods normally do and give notes on the game and what happened in it, I decided to make a sorta "mod journal" and take notes as it went along. It's pretty long.
My Notes: show
This is starting July 3rd, 2013, a few days before the end of Day 2. Guess this’ll act as a mod notes journal kind of thing. I know I’ll forget s*** to comment on after the game ends, so I’m doing this to sort of update my thoughts as the game progresses. I really remember nothing from Day 1 as it is, except for that incredibly frustrating back and forth between Geno and Axel where Geno didn’t counterattack at all. In general, I feel like a lot of players have improved since their last game, Nixter specifically comes to mind. Axel seems to be playing the way he always does but for whatever reason no one is jumping on him as they should be. He even claimed Jane and no one save for Geno questioned that at all. The inactivity has been a retardedly frustrating and huge problem, and I even shortened the playerlist so that it would be more active and we would have more replacements. Really thought I would have to just dump the Gomez role because I couldn’t find a replacement, thank God for Cactus. As for Night Actions, they were all used really well and would have been productive, particularly Geno’s investigation of Axel... had Arthur not used his Lightning Rod. Now Day 2 is f*** hilarious though, with everyone claiming, softclaiming, going off of incorrect results, etc. Just a little while ago 135 claimed his guilty result on Luc, which was a result of the False Evidence from Brik as well as his own power redirecting to Arthur. The mafia’s actions were more productive than they realize. This is really all I can remember from what’s happened so far, so I’ll start updating as the game progresses from now on.

Day 2
July 3rd
------------------------
July 7th
I forgot this existed.
Looks like they’re going to lynch Lucina. That’s probably the smart idea even if it’s going to cost them Lucina, then the night kill, then probably 135, then the night kill that night. I’m curious to see if maybe Lucina will claim Mason and get Pachino to bail him out. Axel is totally playing the “Go super against the town wagon to appear town” card. He might be trying a little too hard though. Apple Engi is playing really well blending into the town. Points to Geno for correctly guessing Hank is a Naive Cop.
Again I’m left with a person needing replacement (Auraka) but there’s no one left. Might just modkill him, it’s a third party role anyway.

July 8th
Yup he ended up claiming and bringing Pachino into it. Cue requests for deadline extension.
@135: Skinny is totes a secondary character, what show are you watching? lol

Day 3
July 12th
Lol wtf is Axel doing claiming. It wasn’t even needed to lynch 135. I hope he realizes even if he does get 135 lynched, he’s going to die tomorrow.

July 14th
I haven’t wrote this yet but throughout the whole game, 135 has been reading way too much into flavor. I’m just writing s*** that goes with the show dude, none of any of the flavor I write will ever have anything to do with indicating alignments and such.

July 16th
Made a one week deadline rule to hopefully combat this extremely s*** activity. I’ve decided that if they No-Lynch again, or maybe just if I can’t find any more replacements, I’m going to modkill Cactus, Brik, and Auraka. One death from each faction seems fair to me and weeds out the three most inactive players.
I wake up at 4PM and there’s a single god damn post that has nothing to do with anything. Really if this keeps up I’m just canceling the game.

July 19th
Axel claimed he roleblocked Cactus night 2 and he’s not around to say he got a result. Hopefully, if Cactus does counter him, Axel doesn’t get away with “Oh it was another roleblocker/bus driver.”

July 23rd
Well the deadline’s today and I’ve decided to modkill Auraka with whoever they lynch, probably 135. If they no-lynch I might explode.
Now that I’ve gone to season 4 with funny moments in the votecounts, I don’t know what to put now. Maybe Mike stuff. I doubt most of them watch the videos anyway so it doesn’t matter much.

July 25th
Well good game Mafia, you’re gonna win this one for sure. Two town kills tonight and a pretty easy Auraka lynch tomorrow means certain victory. Axel could also be lynched and IMO should be. His claim that he jailkept Cactush will hopefully be shown to be false, and Cactush tracked him visiting Pachino last night. With him claiming JK, and his no reason to jailkeep an essentially conf-town Mason, there’s a good chance he’s tomorrow’s lynch. The next day is MYLO, the town needs to get their s*** together after a pretty horrible start.

July 27th
Ok now I’m not so sure. Game could go either way. Axel is under heavy pressure and will probably be lynched. In his most recent reads he says: “Apple, Brik - possible scum, lurking for the most part,” so hopefully 194 or someone will take notice of that. Auraka might also be next though, which sucks because he wont defend himself.

Day 5
August 6

Couldn’t update this for a while, laptop couldn’t get charged then I forgot.
Geno omg why didn’t you ask for a character claim from Engi before sharing your results? YOU COULD HAVE HAD HIM AAAAAAAAAAAAA. I thought 194 was onto something with his ISO of Axel, although I’m surprised he didn’t note on how he suddenly jumped on Engi and Brik as soon as he was getting pressured. Then he essentially nullified what he said about Brik and Engi with, “So, simply put, Axel has volatile reads on pretty much every player which isn't me.”

August 8
I really don’t know what 194‘s thinking.The obvious outcome is that Geno is killed/the mafia no-kills, with Engi and Cactus as the two lynch candidates for tomorrow, then everyone ganging up on Cactus because of Geno’s previous results on Engi.

August 13
Yeah p much exactly what I said above is happening.

August 14
I really don’t see why the town isn’t considering another no-lynch. They’re essentially in the exact same position they were in yesterday.

September 8, as I’m about to end the game
Final thoughts I guess:
-No one noticed Engi didn’t claim as asked
-Geno rekt Cactus by giving the mafia reason to quickhammer
-Why did no one other than 194 even mention Brik, and instead bandwaggoned Cactus

The point of the roles being weird in this game was to fit the theme of Breaking Bad with everyone being good and bad, therfore most roles had good and bad qualities to them (ex: Masons could set up communication with other town, but also let a scum slip in to the mix and feed info to the other scum). Also, I didn’t want people to rely too heavily on their powers, and instead use discussion in the day more. Guess that didn’t work. There was way too much pointless discussion during the day, like all the arguing over Walt being town or mafia when there wasn’t even any idea as to who had Walter as their role. The town essentially destroyed themselves.

GG Mafia, ya hardly had to try

Roles: show
Nixter

You are Walter Hartwell White, street name Heisenberg. You're a genius, with amazing potential. Your life changed completely when you were diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. You took up a life a crime, cooking the purest meth anyone has ever seen. You must provide for your family before you die, and nothing will stand in your way...

Ability

Heisenberg:On any Night of your choosing (including Night 0), you can can start cooking. On each Night after you start cooking, you gain a power. If you wish to use this power, you must stop cooking and cannot resume. However, if you continue cooking, you will gain another power that replaces the one you were given before. You will not be told in advance what each new power will do.

Win Condition

You are aligned with the Albuquerque Town. You win when all threats to the town have been killed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Arthur

You are Jesse Pinkman, Walter White's former student and 50/50 partner in the drug trade. You may be a colossal f*** sometimes, but you have great things within you. As Walt descends into villainy, you're the one with his morality straight. Even though Walt is your equal partner, it seems sometimes as if you're taking most of the hits for the two of you... literally.

Ability

Beat the s*** Out of You: You're very commonly beaten to hell for the good of the business. Once per game, at night, you can send me a PM activating this power. All actions done that night will be redirected to you.

Win Condition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Shoop

You're Skyler White, Walt's wife. You don't really know what you're husband's up to, but you're damn well going to find out and put a stop to it.

Ability

Protecting the Family: Someone has to stop the illegal activities going on around the house. At night, you can send me a the name of a player. That player will be roleblocked.

Win Condition

You are DEA agent Hank Schrader. You are the brother-in-law to Walt and husband to Marie. You're a damn good agent, never stopping to catch your guy. Right now you're on a mission to find the infamous Heisenberg, who's making your life hell right now. His meth is spreading like wildfire, and it's up to you and your department to stop it.

Ability

Investigation: Once per night, you can send me a PM with the name of a player. You will be told of that player's alignment.

(secret naive status)

Win Condition

You are aligned with the Albuquerque Town. You win when all threats to the down have died.

You are Saul Goodman, criminal lawyer. Meaning, criminal lawyer. You can get your clients out of any "alleged" crimes, no matter how severe. Do you sometimes just throw the blame on someone else and let them take the fall? Sure, why not? They aren't the one paying you.

Ability

Taking the Fall: Once per night, you can PM me the names of two people, player A and player B. Player A becomes your client for the Night, player B becomes the fall guy. All actions targeting player A will instead effect Player B. You cannot assign yourself to be player A.

Win Condition

Apple Engi

You are Mike Ehrmantraut, Gus's best operator. You're a professional, a man of many talents. You're the best assassin, cleaner, spy, etc. that anyone could hope for. Despite your heavy criminal behavior, you have morals and a granddaughter more precious to you than anything else.

Abilities

Bugged: Once per night, you can PM me the name of someone's house you would like to bug. You will overhear the name of their role.

The Cleaner: If you perform the factional Mafia kill, the target's remains will not be found. Their role and powers will not be revealed.

You can communicate with the others in your operation here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/8NmJmZn5sTU

safeclaim: walter jr.

Win Condition

You are aligned with Gus's Drug Empire (Mafia). You win when it is logically impossible for any more members of your faction to be killed.

Brik

You are Gustavo Fring, kingpin of the largest drug empire in the United States. You are professional, efficient, and clean. You own the chain fast food joint Los Pollos Hermanos, donate to charities and law enforcement, and hold up a guise of a very pleasant and generous man. No one would ever suspect you.

Abilities

False Evidence: Once per night, you can send me the name of a player. If anyone investigates that player, their results will turn up opposite.

Los Pollos: No one would ever suspect a man so generous and kind as you. You appear innocent to investigations.

You can communicate with the others in your operation here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/8NmJmZn5sTU

safe claim: marie schrader

Win Condition

You are aligned with Gus's Drug Empire (Mafia). You win when it is logically impossible for any more members of your faction to be killed.

Pachino

You are Brandon "Badger" Mayhew, one of Jesse's best friends. You're recruited by Walt and Jesse (along with Skinny Pete) to recruit more people for the operation.

Abilities

Dealers Under the Dealers: You and Skinny Pete can choose to recruit one person to your cause per night. You two must agree on the choice and will not be told of your newbie's alignment when they join you.

Like Brothers: You and Skinny Pete (along with anyone you recruit) can communicate here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6bAHJLR5bPVfV

Win Condition

Lucina

You are Skinny Pete, one of Jesse's best friends. You're recruited by Walt and Jesse (along with Badger) to recruit more people for the operation.

Abilities

Dealers Under the Dealers: You and Badger can choose to recruit one person to your cause per night. You two must agree on the choice and will not be told of your newbie's alignment when they join you.

Like Brothers: You and Badger (along with anyone you recruit) can communicate here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6bAHJLR5bPVfV

Win Condition

Dr.Geno

You are Gale Boetticher, the nicest meth cook alive. You admire Walt greatly due to his genius-level intelligence and his 99% purity meth cook. You're also a genius, but just a little more naive. Your hobbies include making the world's greatest coffee brew, listening to Italian music, and watering your houseplants.

Ability

Nicest Guy Ever: You're just such a nice person, and you love to get to know people. Every Night, you can PM me the name of a player you wish to get to know a little better. You will receive and small description of what that person is like.

(if Gale investigates a lawyered target, he will get a description of their safe claim character)

Win Condition

Cactush

You are Steven Gomez, Hank Schrader's fellow DEA agent and best friend. You, like Hank, are an efficient agent who never backs down. You excel at stakeouts and tailing suspects.

Abilities

Stakeout: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will keep an eye on that player's house, and will receive the names of everyone who visits that player that Night. You cannot use this the same Night you use Tail 'em.

Tail 'em: Every Night, you can send me the name of a player. You will tail that player around throughout the night, and will receive the name of whoever they visited that Night, if any. You cannot use this the same Night you use Stakeout.

Win Condition

UlimateZendayaFan/Axel/Vanellope

You are Victor, Gus's lieutenant. You don't talk much, but when you do, every word sounds cold. You work as Gus's field man, appearing for him when he's unavailable and taking care of business when necessary.

Abilities

Untraceable: You're good at losing tails, but not so much at getting seen. If you perform the factional kill, you will be immune to trackers for the night.

Intimidation: At Night, you can send me a PM of a player. That player will be too scared to perform their action, being roleblocked.

safe claim: jane margolis

Win Condition

Red

You are Ted Beneke, Skyler's employer and lover. You run your dad's old company, but things aren't going so well. You've resorted to committing acts of fraud and theft in order to try to keep the business afloat. You don't care how you do it, you will keep the company alive and save all your employees' jobs.

Abilities

Theft: Once per night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will take one of that player's powers for the night and use it as your own.

Good Cover Story: Even though the IRS is on your tail, you've always got a good cover to deflect the blame. If you are investigated, the investigation will be deflected to someone else randomly.

Win Condition

You win if you are still alive when one of the other factions achieves their win condition.

Awards are coming later, I already have a few in mind

Edit: oh right, Night Actions. f*** hilarious night 1
Night Actions: show
Night 1 Actions

Nixter starts Cooking
King Arthur activates his Lightning Rod
Kyuubit tracks 135
-tracks Arthur instead, recieves “target did not visit anyone"
The masons (Lucina and Pachino) recruit Kyuubit
-recruit target changes to Arthur, but he’s going to die
194 doesn’t use his ability
Dr. Geno investigates Axel
-target changes to Arthur, Geno gets this description: “While this person can be obnoxious at times, you can tell that they’re a decent person with good intentions.”
135 investigates Lucina
-target changes to Arthur, gets Guilty result due to his Naivety and Brik’s ability (see below)
Mr. Shoop roleblocks 135
-target changes to Arthur, Lightning Rod takes priority over roleblock
DJ Wizard Cop steals from Dr. Geno
-target changes to Arthur, Lightning Rod takes priority over Thief
Brik uses False Evidence on Thomas Terminator
-target changes to Arthur, his alignment will appear opposite
Axel roleblocks Geno
-target changes to Arthur, Lightning Rod takes priority over roleblock
Thomas Terminator kills DJ Wizard Cop
-target changes to Arthur, Arthur’s role and abilities will not be revealed

Night 2 Actions

Nixter receives his first choice of power: One-Shot Bulletproof
-decides to forfeit the power and continue cooking
194 redirects all actions from 135 onto himself
-redirects Dr. Geno’s investigation to himself
Cactush watches Axel
-gets result: “No one visited your target last night"
Dr. Geno investigates 135
-is redirected to 194, get’s this description: “They’re a quirky, fast-talking person. Despite being occasionally irritating to those around them, they are very efficient at what they do.”
Mr. Shoop roleblocks Lucina
-Lucina’s recruitment doesn’t go through
Lucina recruits 135
-Lucina is roleblocked, recruitment fails
135 investigates Dr. Geno
-gets Innocent result
Apple Engi bugs (rolecops) Nixter’s house
-receives result: “Heisenberg”
Brik kills Lucina
-Lucina dies
Axel roleblocks Pachino
-nothing happens

Night 3 Actions

Nixter receives his second choice of power: One-Shot Compulsive Vigilante
-uses the power to kill Mr. Shoop, Mr. Shoop dies
194 redirects all actions from Brik to Dr.Geno
-redirects Geno’s investigation to himself
Dr.Geno investigates Brik
-investigation is redirected to himself, get’s this description: “You know yourself very well.”
Cactush tracks Axel
- get’s this result: “Your target visited Pachino last night”
Pachino recruits 194
-Pachino is roleblocked by Axel, no recruitment happens
Mr. Shoop roleblocks Auraka
-Auraka didn’t submit an action, nothing happens.
Apple Engi kills Nixter
-when Nixter flips, the full reveal will not happen
Brik uses False Evidence on Pachino
-Pachino’s alignment will appear opposite
Axel roleblocks Pachino
-Pachino’s recruitment of 194 doesn’t happen

Night 4 Actions

194 redirects all actions from Geno to himself
-nothing happens
Dr.Geno investigates Apple Engi
-due to Brik using False Evidence on Engi, Geno gets the description of Engi’s safeclaim; gets this description: “They’re a sweet and innocent person. They do seem a little confused and agitated because of it."
Cactush tracks Red
-get’s this result, “Target visited no one last night.”
Pachino recruits 194
-recruitment goes through, 194 given quicktopic link (!!!)
Apple Engi kills Red
-when Red flips, the full reveal will not happen
Brik uses False Evidence on Apple Engi
-Geno’s investigation will give him the description of Engi’s fakeclaim (Walter Jr.)

Night 5 Actions

194 redirects all actions from Cactus to himself
-redirects Geno’s investigation to 194
Cactus tracks Geno
-gets result “your target visited 194 last night”
Dr.Geno investigates Cactus
-is redirected to 194, gets result: “They’re a quirky, fast-talking person. Despite being occasionally irritating to those around them, they are very efficient at what they do.
Pachino recruits no one
Brik uses False Evidence Pachino
-Pachino’s alignment will appear opposite
Apple Engi does nothing

Night 6

Cactush watches Pachino
-gets result: “No one visited your target last night”
Dr.Geno investigates Cactush
-gets result: “They’re a loyal and friendly person to their friends, and likes to crack jokes. You can also tell they’re a very competent worker.”
Pachino recruits no one
194 does not use his ability
Apple Engi does nothing

Night 7

Dr. Geno doesn’t submit an action
Pachino recruits no one
194 redirects from Dr.Geno to Brik
-nothing happens
Apple Engi kills 194

GAME END

AMA

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 am

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
GG guys. That was horrible IMO.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace

This is me right now.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:25 am

GG.

Oh my god that was fun. I think it's a first Mafia win for me, and ironically, it's with Brik.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 am

*reading first night actions*

Oh my god King Arthur was screwed from the start.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Heh heh heh.

That was fun. Many thanks to TheOneWhoKnocks and Dephius for creating the setup, hosting and putting up with my shenanigans.

*High fives Apple and Axel*

So...

Who wants to proderate the next one?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'm considering to host the next one. But I'm not sold on it yet, you guys will have to convince me.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 am
Site Moderator

Brikawaiidesunoweabo wrote:
[ Image ] Many thanks to TheOneWhoKnocks and Dephius for creating the setup, hosting and putting up with my shenanigans.

Also Terra btw

AMA

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 am

*high fives Brik back*

Well, whoever's hosting it, count me out for a bit. I can come back as a replacement, but I need a rest from all that mafia thinking.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:52 am
 [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next