The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:28 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Dragonball After Future 

I have no clue how good this "Blue" can draw. My fields are line art and recently shading.
Here are my personal favorites.
http://bloodypooproductions.deviantart. ... -154578241
http://bloodypooproductions.deviantart. ... 0636&qo=13
http://bloodypooproductions.deviantart. ... /#/d2e7tla

Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Oh god I can't wait for Blue to come and rip on these.

Wed May 19, 2010 12:17 am
Site Moderator

Hmm? Alright, let's see...

I'll talk about your SS3 Broly. The first thing I'd like to point out is your shoddy linework. With the crude edges you've left on his outline, various other mistakes can become apparent. They're bold, give a feeling of being nonprofessional, and drastically decrease the value and credibility of your claims.

The muscles go beyond what was shown in DBZ and begin to branch out into "Liefeldian" proportions. That's a bad thing. Go look up the work he's done for comic books and you'll see what I mean. Hell, they're so massive that they blend together and resemble that flesh abomination from Akira. Not to mention they're about to engulf his head. It's not that it's too tiny, but sitting off to the side like that can't be good for his spine.

I don't feel I need to point out the flaws in your energy field. They're so obvious that even Geno could find them.

Also, when you almost completely copy another artist's piece, you can't really claim to have drawn it. The one you based it off of (found here) is extraordinarily better and is much cleaner. All you did was degrade it, add hair and bloom, and post it in your DeviantArt gallery. That's a bit cheap, don't you think?

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 am

Well for one thing I like the fact that you're talking about some picture but you claim I drew it. I drew a Legendary Super Saiyan 3 and you're talking about a Super Saiyan 3. I believe that there is quite a difference. Also at least I'm trying to make a series unlike 99.99% of DBZ fans out there. Most of them make up s*** fan fics that involve some s*** like "Super Saiyan 99 Half Prince Demon Zorgoth"

Also did you not look at the other pictures? If you noticed they're newer which means my art has gotten better. OMG no the lines are unprofessional!

Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 am
Site Moderator

Yes, a crudely drawn line is one of the worst mistakes you could make. Also, I may be a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but you don't see me going out and making the third installment. I was satisfied with GT and I'm happy to leave it at that. I guess if you really don't want to write a crappy fanfic, you can try animating and producing an internet series. I won't stop you or tell you it's a bust, I just don't see it working out. With your mediocre art pieces and lack of support, it'd be extremely difficult to get it off of the ground.

Still, more power to you for being different. I do hope you can accomplish something and finally bring closure to your opinion on DragonBall canon.

Jin wrote:

Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 pm

thank you. Just next time don't criticize when you have no clue what the person is doing.
Right now I am currently trying to improve my coloring techniques to become like this: http://bloodypooproductions.deviantart. ... /#/d2oqoq0
it's only a matter of time.
Once I can achieve that then I will have the pilot animated.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 pm
Site Moderator

Haha, I have the right to criticize anything that's been mentioned on the internet. Hell, I could even make false accusations. That's the beauty of it. The web protects us from harm, so people are naturally going to be as assholish as possible. Why do you care what some nobodies from a crap forum community say about you? I'd say it's nice even being mentioned. I once had the owner of a slightly more well-known site call me a "compellingly creepy" addition to their team. It's negative, but at least it's something. I'd rather be known as a general dick than a nice guy.

Jin wrote:

Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 pm

BTW here's a updated pic of that Legendary Super Saiyan 3. http://bloodypooproductions.deviantart. ... -164656235

I'm currently working on a equivalent to Goku as Super Saiyan 4 (not GT SS4, my SS4)

Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 am
Site Moderator

Ugh, my eyes. Now it's just really blurry. Definitely not an improvement.

Anyway, this thread has served its purpose to educate those on the lack of DB's current official progression.

Jin wrote:

Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 pm
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2