The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 5 posts ] 
[PS3] Journey 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale

I know I'm late, but I just bought and beat this game and wow, I am truly speechless. The visuals, the storytelling, the musical score, the companionship you form with the anonymous players that join you... Everything is amazing. In my opinion, this game is simply perfect. Perfection in it's raw form. It makes you feel so small, and evokes wonder and awe. I can't say enough about this game.

The only thing that some might see as a downside is the length. It's definitely beatable in a sitting if you power through it and don't explore at all. The length didn't bother me one bit. It felt perfect really.

Did anyone else here happen to play this game? If not, I highly recommend it. It's not very expensive at all.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 am

Got it sitting on my HDD, never actually played it

Guess I will soon

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I'd like to try it, but I've seen so much of the game already that I fear it's already been ruined

If you're interested, one of the guys I follow on Youtube did a neat comparison between this game and Dear Esther here.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Yeah I played it!! but had nobody to really talk to about it... I loved it. Through out the game during my first playthrough I was wondering "why these NPC's were so human"?? But was skeptical that the game can run so smooth and seemless with another human player. I loved it, especially how the design gave the illusion that the linear world is somewhat open.

GM

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

i really like this game
it's a nice holistic literal "journey" video game experience
there's so many little moments in there
and the ending sequence ~~~

the length is absolutely not a downside - people so often pull out the "it can be beat in one sitting so it's too short"
you know most movies can be watched in one sitting and provide a full experience, and a ticket to the cinema cost around $12 for the same amount of content?
it's not about quantity of minutes, it's about quality

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
 [ 5 posts ]