The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:59 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
If Pacman can break the assist trophie then I believe that Charizard can break the Pokeball. Maybe not this update but maybe latter.

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
pokerninja2 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
I'll say this much, after Pac-Man, I personally don't exactly want to rule out Charizard and Pichu out just yet...

Also, as others have said: We DO have multiple PKMN Trainers across the series so far. Heck, even if Red/Blue/Leaf were SSF2's PKMN Trainer, do the Gen. 1 PKMN HAVE to be Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard?

First: "I personally don't exactly want to rule out Charizard and Pichu out just yet..." Stay in school, kids. 8-)

I think Charizard was in the Dev Blog about Pokemon (correct me if I'm wrong), and they JUST announced that Pichu would be a Pokemon, with a complete attack and everything a regular Pokemon in Smash Bros. would get.

If the upcoming version was like v0.7 or something, that might be plausible. But since this is Beta we're talking about, I don't think this is very likely (unless they're plannning to trick us. :o )

Crow Riolu wrote:
If Pokémon trainer got in, he'd only have like 16 sprites, being a background character. A set of all seven trainers wouldn't be TOO unreasonable.

Or be an actual character who uses Pokemon gear as opposed to actual Pokemon.

dragonballhero wrote:
In terms of PKMN characters, I speculate:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Charizard Already a Pokemon, and unlike PAC-MAN, Charizard was (maybe) in the Pokemon Dev Blog, so that rules it out.
Lucario I see Mewtwo getting in before Lucario. Would be nice, though.
Pichu (Yes, one of my mains. Sue me. Well, at least I'm not the only one.)See Charizard.
PKMN Trainer Only if he/she uses Pokemon gear.
Squirtle No.
Ivysaur See above.

Really, Pikachu, Jiglypuff, and Mewtwo are the only Pokemon who have a shot here (and maybe Lucario).

As for MY character prediction, let's go over who's already in:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. Link
9. Zelda
10. Sheik
11. Samus
12. Zero Suit Samus
13. Kiby
14. Meta Knight
15. Fox
16. Pikachu
17. Jigglypuff
18. Captain Falcon
19. Ness
20. Marth
21. Mr. Game & Watch
22. Pit
23. Sonic
24. Tails
25. Mega Man
26. PAC-MAN
27. Isaac
28. Chibi-Robo
29. Lloyd
30. Sora
31. Bomberman
32. Black Mage
33. Naruto
34. Ichigo
35. Goku
36. Sandbag

I imagine that this will make the Beta roster, with Sandbag being the only unlockable character (like Black Mage in v0.6, Captain Falcon in v0.7, and Jigglypuff in v0.8). Since Beta will be the version BEFORE the final version, I think all of the unlockable content will be stored for the finished product (aside from Sandbag).

As such, the unlockable characters I have in mind are as follows:

37. Bowser Jr. or a new Mario character (Paper Mario/Daisy/Waluigi) Bowser Jr. would be the odds on favorite to win the final SSF2 slot for the Mario series.
38. Diddy Kong I would see Diddy Kong becoming a starter character in SSF2.
39. Ganondorf Ganondorf deserves to be an unlockable character along with another Zelda character (Skull Kid and/or Young Link).
40. King Dedede Starting character since everybody in Smash from the Kirby series were starters.
41. Falco Definite scenario.
42. Mewtwo Definite scenario as well.
43. Ike Either he or Roy would get the final unlockable slot for Fire Emblem.
44. R.O.B. Definite scenario as R.O.B. has always been unlockable since his debut in Brawl.
45. Duck Hunt As a representation of Nintendo's early video game days, Duck Hunt Dog would be an excellent representation for them.
46. Villager I could see Villager coming to Beta.
47. Ice Climbers I think the Ice Climbers will be revealed at Super Smash Con in August.
48. Shadow I would hope for both he and Knuckles to both get in SSF2 as unlockables, but if one gets in, it may be 50/50.
49. Cloud When Black Mage was announced to be a starter in the game, I figured Cloud would be the unlockable representative.
50. Luffy The Shonen Four needs to be complete. Plus Luffy has excellent moveset potential with his extended rubber arms.

Thoughts? Good choices for unlockable characters, minus Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, and Villager because they are all starting characters in Smash. I would replace them with guys like Crono, Lucas, and Zero. That is just my suggestion, but this is your speculation and I am just giving some feedback.

Bold are my notes.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:44 pm

tay wrote:
If Pacman can break the assist trophie then I believe that Charizard can break the Pokeball. Maybe not this update but maybe latter.

Considering the next update will be the Final Version, I doubt it. But you never know.
Goku2500 wrote:
pokerninja2 wrote:
As for MY character prediction, let's go over who's already in:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. Link
9. Zelda
10. Sheik
11. Samus
12. Zero Suit Samus
13. Kiby
14. Meta Knight
15. Fox
16. Pikachu
17. Jigglypuff
18. Captain Falcon
19. Ness
20. Marth
21. Mr. Game & Watch
22. Pit
23. Sonic
24. Tails
25. Mega Man
26. PAC-MAN
27. Isaac
28. Chibi-Robo
29. Lloyd
30. Sora
31. Bomberman
32. Black Mage
33. Naruto
34. Ichigo
35. Goku
36. Sandbag

I imagine that this will make the Beta roster, with Sandbag being the only unlockable character (like Black Mage in v0.6, Captain Falcon in v0.7, and Jigglypuff in v0.8). Since Beta will be the version BEFORE the final version, I think all of the unlockable content will be stored for the finished product (aside from Sandbag).

As such, the unlockable characters I have in mind are as follows:

37. Bowser Jr. or a new Mario character (Paper Mario/Daisy/Waluigi) Bowser Jr. would be the odds on favorite to win the final SSF2 slot for the Mario series. I'd say he and Daisy/Waluigi have an equal chance.
38. Diddy Kong I would see Diddy Kong becoming a starter character in SSF2.Seems more reasonable, but considering they've probably revealed all characters for Beta, they're probably saving Diddy for an unlockable slot in the finished product.
39. Ganondorf Ganondorf deserves to be an unlockable character along with another Zelda character (Skull Kid and/or Young Link).Neither of those newcomers are good :roll: (never liked the Zelda series anyway). Ganondorf is probably the only deserving one.
40. King Dedede Starting character since everybody in Smash from the Kirby series were starters.Mr. Game & Watch was unlockable in all Smash games, and look where we are now.
41. Falco Definite scenario.
42. Mewtwo Definite scenario as well.
43. Ike Either he or Roy would get the final unlockable slot for Fire Emblem.
44. R.O.B. Definite scenario as R.O.B. has always been unlockable since his debut in Brawl.
45. Duck Hunt As a representation of Nintendo's early video game days, Duck Hunt Dog would be an excellent representation for them.
46. Villager I could see Villager coming to Beta.Villager seems more like a "Hey SSB4 players, we now have one of your mains" characters that would be added in the final version.
47. Ice Climbers I think the Ice Climbers will be revealed at Super Smash Con in August.If my prediction is correct, I think we might get either that "Super Smash Flash 10th Anniversary" thing or the release date of Beta at Smash Con.
48. Shadow I would hope for both he and Knuckles to both get in SSF2 as unlockables, but if one gets in, it may be 50/50.Shadow probably has a bigger chance, though.
49. Cloud When Black Mage was announced to be a starter in the game, I figured Cloud would be the unlockable representative.
50. Luffy The Shonen Four needs to be complete. Plus Luffy has excellent moveset potential with his extended rubber arms.Only time will tell :sweat:

Thoughts? Good choices for unlockable characters, minus Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, and Villager because they are all starting characters in Smash. [b]Mr. Game & Watch is going to be starter in Beta, so it's not impossible. I would replace them with guys like Crono, Lucas, and Zero. I don't see Crono or Zero making the roster, and as much as I like Lucas, I think Ness is the only Mother rep we need.That is just my suggestion, but this is your speculation and I am just giving some feedback. I already knew that :mrgreen: .[/b]

Bold are my notes.

Blue are my notes.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I hope no one minds me posting this here again, but I've just been remembering more and more characters that I'd like to see/expect to see in SSF2.

Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Falco
Ganonddorf
Pit (CONFIRMED!)
Lucas and/or Ninten
Either Roy, Ike, Anna, or Lyn (I'll take at least 1-2 out of these choices)
Mewtwo
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
R.O.B.
Snake
Captain Olimar
Andy (Wars)
Lip
Roll (Mega Man)
Krystal
Wolf
Ray (Custom Robo)
Shadow the Hedgehog and/or Amy Rose
Kratos Aurion
Jill and Drill Dozer
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Waluigi and/or Princess Daisy
Cloud
Crono
Knuckles
Zero (Mega Man)
2-3 retro Nintendo characters
Bandana Waddle Dee (new)
PAC-MAN (new) (CONFIRMED!)
Pokemon Trainer (new)
Little Mac (new)
Adeleine (new)
Palutena (new)
Bowser Jr. (new)
Pichu (new)
Charizard (Either by himself or with the Pokemon Trainer) (new)
Barbara (Jam with the Band) (new)
Mona (WarioWare) (new)
An Animal Crossing rep (new)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment) (new)
Young Link (new)
Sami (Wars) (new)
Squirtle (new)
Ivysaur (new)
An obscure Nintendo character (At least 2 characters) (Obscure series such as Pilotwings, Tomato Adventure, Magical Vacation, etc.)

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:23 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
I speculate someone that isn't a veteran, other than Lucas, and someone that has an actual chance of being in.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:38 am

Currently Playing: 3ds
like quote from cave story?
I mean he would be really cool...

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:46 am

I hope Lucas and Mewtwo become unlockables in v1.0 because they were the two best DLC characters in SSB4 in my opinion! Not to mention they are both highly requested.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:47 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Goku2500 wrote:
I hope Lucas and Mewtwo become unlockables in v1.0 because they were the two best DLC characters in SSB4 in my opinion! Not to mention they are both highly requested.

Ryu and Bayo were better imo

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Kirb-Star wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Personally i prefered Lucas, Roy & Ryu in terms of my play style

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Kirb-Star wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

I could not afford Ryu or Bayonetta at the time, but their movesets are sick! Once I get them, this list will change as I am picking Ryu to be my main!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Goku2500 wrote:

Mewtwo seems like he has a shot here, but I really don't see Lucas making the roster. To me, Ness seems like the only Mother rep we need.

Also, to those who disagree with what is announced so far will be the full Beta roster, explain to me why they made a wallpaper illustrating all of the playable characters so far. I'd like to hope that they're not stupid enough make that if the full roster for Beta wasn't revealed.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:20 pm

I think that the Ice Climbers may be saved for SSF's 10th Anniversary, and we'll get 1-2 more promotions from Pokeballs and/or Assist Trophies to playable characters.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
pokerninja2 wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Mewtwo seems like he has a shot here, but I really don't see Lucas making the roster. To me, Ness seems like the only Mother rep we need.

Also, to those who disagree with what is announced so far will be the full Beta roster, explain to me why they made a wallpaper illustrating all of the playable characters so far. I'd like to hope that they're not stupid enough make that if the full roster for Beta wasn't revealed.

Anyone with paint.net could make that same wallpaper in a few minutes. I'll be back soon.

EDIT: Stripped down recreation here. Image

Double EDIT: Oh. Ninja'd, somewhat.

Last edited by Nonya on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Crow Riolu wrote:
pokerninja2 wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Anyone with paint.net could make that same wallpaper in a few minutes. I'll be back soon.

Actually I made it in Photoshop, but I see your point (though it took longer than a few minutes since you had to make sure all characters are somewhat visible and not completely blocked).

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:09 pm

spid3y916 wrote:
Crow Riolu wrote:
pokerninja2 wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Actually I made it in Photoshop, but I see your point (though it took longer than a few minutes since you had to make sure all characters are somewhat visible and not completely blocked).

Thanks for proving my point - If another character got revealed for Beta, say King Dedede (because he's the best in the series and anyone who disagrees should sit in a hole), then they'd have to redo the entire wallpaper to make room for the new character and make sure he wouldn't be blocked, and wouldn't be blocking other characters. That's not to say this won't be the roster in the finished product, but it just seems silly to make something like a wallpaper showcasing all of the characters in Beta when all of the characters aren't announced yet.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:46 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 189  Next