The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:13 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Kirb-Star wrote:
I'd love Jill Dozer to be playable.
Would be neat to use a Elementary Schoolgirl using a Drill Powered Mini-Mecha. Her source game also has a pretty good number of viable moves for a Smash Bros moveset. I can't help it, I just love that game.
That'd be neat :chibirobo:

If we somehow managed to get Jill Dozer, Andy, and maybe even Lyn playable then we would have like 5 GBA icons.

:zerosuitsamus: :isaac: Andy, Lyn, and Jill.

That would be pretty cool for people that grew up in the GBA era like myself (and I assume most of you guys as well). Not to mention my two most requested characters :isaac: and Andy would be in a Smash Bros game which I honestly doubt will ever happen in the official series.

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
The GBA is my favorite handheld console.
My entire childhood came from that wonderful system.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:49 pm

GBA is one of my favorites. So many of my favorite games come from that system.

Though my favorite console of all time is the N64.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Don't forget Phoenix Wright

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:55 am

☻Danny☻ wrote:
Don't forget Phoenix Wright

Oh yeah, forgot about him lol.

Mainly because his games were localized starting with the DS ones.

If all these characters got in it would be like a GBA invasion lol.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:06 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
I'm bumping this thread for fire emblem characters, but first I'll start with a very short story.

For our Computer Science Project, we were put in groups and assigned to make a choose your own adventure story. For some reaon, I decided to make Lyn a main character so I researched her in the Fire Emblem wikis... then I found something interesting...

There was a poll before on people's favorite Fire Emblem characters for each gender, for a chance for said characters to get a special costume/art in the FE: Heroes mobile game

To my surprise, Lyn actually won that. Okay, maybe I'm not that surprised but here's my opinion.

Fire Emblem is an under represented series in SSF2, we definitely need at least 2 more reps from the series for the final version... and I think those two would be Lyn and Ike

Hear me out, the poll results actually shows that Ike got the most votes at 51,555 votes, Lyn got 49,917

This makes Lyn the most popular FEmale character (get it? as in Fire Emblem shortened as FE and since Lyn is a girl from the franchise, that would make her a FEmale... hahaha... I'll see myself out after this post)

But, Lyn is technically the most popular Fire Emblem character as Ike's votes were split between his Radiant Dawn (17,684 votes) and Path of Radiance (33,971 votes). That is lower than Lyn's 49,917, which would make Lyn's FE7 incarnation the most famous incarnation of a FE character.

And before you say 'Robin is a better rep because he/she has projectiles and not just a regular swordsman',

First, Lyn can use a Bow, which made her a viable Lord in Rekka no Ken even with mediocre damage as she has higher accuracy, crit rate, and can attack twice compared to Hector's thrown axes.

Second, Robin male had 14,149 votes while Robin female had 10,387 votes, even at a combined 24,536 votes, they aren't that 'memorable' Lyn had 49,917 votes, Ike (Path of Radiance) had 33,917 votes, Roy had 28,982 votes, Lucina got 42,875, even Tharja got 29,540. Random fact: Binding Blade got 5 reps in the top 20 of each genders with Hector, Dorcas, and Eliwood for males and Lyn and Nino for females. Awakening got 14 reps though. Also, highest ranking Marth incarnation is his Shadow Dragon incarnation at 15,877 votes, less than Ike, Lyn, Roy, Lucina, and Tharja but more than both Robins.

Another note about Marth is that his totals votes from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of Emblem is 24,547, just 11 votes higher than the total of Robins' votes

Also, apparently people voted for Masked Marth AKA Lucina which technically gives her 48,295 votes, still less than Lyn's.

tl;dr

Lyn and Ike for ssf2

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:46 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
I'm bumping this thread for fire emblem characters, but first I'll start with a very short story.

For our Computer Science Project, we were put in groups and assigned to make a choose your own adventure story. For some reaon, I decided to make Lyn a main character so I researched her in the Fire Emblem wikis... then I found something interesting...

There was a poll before on people's favorite Fire Emblem characters for each gender, for a chance for said characters to get a special costume/art in the FE: Heroes mobile game

To my surprise, Lyn actually won that. Okay, maybe I'm not that surprised but here's my opinion.

Fire Emblem is an under represented series in SSF2, we definitely need at least 2 more reps from the series for the final version... and I think those two would be Lyn and Ike

Hear me out, the poll results actually shows that Ike got the most votes at 51,555 votes, Lyn got 49,917

This makes Lyn the most popular FEmale character (get it? as in Fire Emblem shortened as FE and since Lyn is a girl from the franchise, that would make her a FEmale... hahaha... I'll see myself out after this post)

But, Lyn is technically the most popular Fire Emblem character as Ike's votes were split between his Radiant Dawn (17,684 votes) and Path of Radiance (33,971 votes). That is lower than Lyn's 49,917, which would make Lyn's FE7 incarnation the most famous incarnation of a FE character.

And before you say 'Robin is a better rep because he/she has projectiles and not just a regular swordsman',

First, Lyn can use a Bow, which made her a viable Lord in Rekka no Ken even with mediocre damage as she has higher accuracy, crit rate, and can attack twice compared to Hector's thrown axes.

Second, Robin male had 14,149 votes while Robin female had 10,387 votes, even at a combined 24,536 votes, they aren't that 'memorable' Lyn had 49,917 votes, Ike (Path of Radiance) had 33,917 votes, Roy had 28,982 votes, Lucina got 42,875, even Tharja got 29,540. Random fact: Binding Blade got 5 reps in the top 20 of each genders with Hector, Dorcas, and Eliwood for males and Lyn and Nino for females. Awakening got 14 reps though. Also, highest ranking Marth incarnation is his Shadow Dragon incarnation at 15,877 votes, less than Ike, Lyn, Roy, Lucina, and Tharja but more than both Robins.

Another note about Marth is that his totals votes from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of Emblem is 24,547, just 11 votes higher than the total of Robins' votes

Also, apparently people voted for Masked Marth AKA Lucina which technically gives her 48,295 votes, still less than Lyn's.

tl;dr

Lyn and Ike for ssf2

TBH, i'm fine with just Marth being in the game representing FE. Especially after the huge burnout of FE I had in the official Smash Bros games. That and the fact that spaces are going to be limited in the full game makes me really resent the idea of having more than 1 or 2 FE characters in the game.

That being said of course, I wouldn't mind Lyn being in the game. If their had to be a new FE character in the game I would want it to be her. FE7 is my favorite in the series and Lyn has such a cool design/moveset that makes her stand out from the rest.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm fine with Lyn & Ike in the game.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

MGN Username: RespectThePixel
Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, every Touhou game ever
Waifu: Alice Margatroid
uggghhhhh i don't want iiiiiiike

i definitely think fire emblem should/will have 2 reps by the full version but i really don't want it to be ike. lyn or someone more unique (robin?) would better represent the aspects of fire emblem that marth doesn't cover. ike doesn't do anything for representation other than being slower

don't get me started on roy either (as much as i love him)

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:19 pm

He has blue flames
That's enough for me

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm

TBH I just want Advance Wars representation before we get any additional Fire Emblem characters. That comes to no surprise hearing that from me I know, but still.

I'm just sick of FE getting all the love in Smash while AW never gets to show what it can bring to the table. Even more so nowadays that Intelligent Systems is ignoring AW for FE only.

It's not necessarily a case of you can only have one of the other but still. I don't want SSF2 to do what the official Smash Bros games have done.

I'm saying this as a fan of both series BTW.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Yes uniqueness is indeed a factor, but really, as what Danny said, A lot of people like Ike. And FE is severely underrepresented in this game considering Melee had 2, Brawl had 2, and Sm4sh had... 6...

Something in the middle of those would be nice.

Also, AW is a nice series, but the best way an AW character would work is something similar to Pacman, where the rep is able to use various units/become various units. |It is a unique idea and I would love to see an AW character ingame. Random Fact: I played AW: DS before any FE game

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:59 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
Yes uniqueness is indeed a factor, but really, as what Danny said, A lot of people like Ike. And FE is severely underrepresented in this game considering Melee had 2, Brawl had 2, and Sm4sh had... 6...

That fact still disgusts me.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
add a FE rep that uses something else instead of a sword (Ephraim or Hector are good options) and I'm fine.

I love Roy to death but yeah I don't really want him here.

ImageImageImageImage

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 189  Next