The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia VI [Town vs Town] 

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
This comment have opened up some new possibilities. That's not to say that this post is sound though.
First of all why would DJ investigate the same person twice in a row if he didn't think that anyone with a bus driver ability would do such a thing?
I said it was unlikely that a Bus Driver would have used his role during the first night, not impossible.
"Theocrat Leader" is an important result, I had to double check. It's unlikely that Crabby was driven to the same person twice.

I do admit that does seem like the rationale thing to do and maybe I jumped the gun there, but it's just I'm having trouble believing your whole investigation role. Maybe it's because you didn't exactly give a specific name for the leader of the theocrats, like pharaoh or something along those lines..
Hey, I'm not the one who invented the role. Fly or Die just said "Theocrat Leader". Who am I to question my own results?
True, but still I can't grasp around the idea of every leader of the other groups to have a specific name(like king, or president),and the leader of the theocrats not to have a specific name.
Also even though crabby did try to taint some reputations, how could he have done so safely without knowing any of his other members? The chance of him actually lynching another one of his member was still very probable. Unless crabby knows who the other members of his party are, I doubt he would be able to put blame on people who could be his allies.
Crabby most likely knows how many people were in his party, and it's pretty obvious that KevinB and TUF were Theocrats.
How are you able to say most likely? There's no concrete evidence that leads to crabby knowing all these things.
If a Monarch Guard knows how many people are in his team, then I think it highly likely that the Leader of the Theocrats knows how many are on his.
That's the thing though, monarchist guards DON'T know how many people are in there group, all they know is there are the two of them and a leader, there is no evidence that leads us to believe that they know if there is another outside role. Even if they did know how many, there is no gaurunteed that they know WHO are their teammates or their roles/importance.
However I do admit it is suspicious how crabby broke the alliance so readily. I don't know if he wanted to get the other democrats to follow him or something, but he could have waited until flash and flame was lynch. If he had the democrats would have a better chance at taking on the monarchist, because without much doubt flash and flames might have been lynched sooner. The only solution to this question would be either, crabby rushed, or crabby wasn't part of the alliance to begin with. (ergo he's a theocrat.)
As of now I'm not siding with either crabby, nor DJ because I can't really be sure of anything now.

Answers to your questions in bold.

Responds in italics.
And re-answers in underlined bold.
Apple Engi wrote:
I don't see how Crabby can be the Theocrat Leader. I gave... about 5 good reasons in my lengthy post above? It may be possible, but I can't understand why you are so DETERMINED to kill off one guy when he can be someone else. In case I haven't said so before, it's blatantly obvious that Crabby isn't a Democrat. Compare the benefits of lynching Flash Flame and lynching Crabby. If we lynch Flashy, we get rid of a minor member of an opposing team. If we lynch Crabby, we not only get rid of one of the Theocrats, we get rid of their Leader, who is most likely to have the most dangerous abilities. It would be pretty dumb to lose just because we let Crabby live long enough to recruit or do something else to enough of our members to overrun us.Well for the last two nights nothing that spectacular has happened, if crabby's ability was really dangerous, I'd think we would have seen some effects by now. Also, we still do not know if you even ARE an investigator, OR a Democrat, in that case. I've claimed, told you all my abilities, and gave logical reasons behind all the actions that brought me "suspicion". What more do you want? I would use my communication ability now, but I have to wait 'till tonight.The fact that you investigated the leader of the theocrats on the first night seems kinda...unlikely, so forgive us if we don't believe your claim.Now that I think about it, what kind of investigation role can investigate AND communicate. Sorry but this is seeming alittle unlikely.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

DP the response are in underlined italics.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Thomas_Terminator has replaced Panthera leo in all things, big or small.

In other news, 4 days until lynch deadline.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
I'm just going to address your points by number since we kinda ran out of text effects there.

1. How do you know the leaders of the other groups have specific names? And what good would knowing the name of a role do? In a game like this with unusual roles, getting positions is much more useful.

2. My reasoning is based off Crabby's actions; He's acting like he's the lone member of a group.
Flash Flame's whole "Oho there are more people in the Monarch group" thing was just an attempt to intimidate, it's likely he actually does know how many people there are.

3. Who know's what Crabby's ability could have done by now? Genis seems to be defending him quite vigorously. He might have enrolled one of the inactive people on Night 1. It's even possible that he has some "Heavenly Fire" one shot double killing role or something. Point is, as the Leader of a group, he's going to have more dangerous abilities than some guard.

4. What kind of Mafia game has three towns? An unusual one. Forgive me for having an unusual role. As Minister of Defence though, It actually makes sense that I have a one-shot communication ability. As for hitting the Theocrat Leader twice, I've suspected Crabby of being Theocratic ever since his first post. This made him a good target for investigating.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
In truth, I suspect that Crabby is, in fact, a democrat, although I'd need another night to be sure (no, I'm not an investigative role for once). If I go through one night, and he isn't, then I have no other choice but to go with you guys.

Seriously, just lynch Flash and Flame. Crabby may be leader, but what's the point if we have no real proof other than your claims? Also, the leader should have an inactive role at night, if I am thinking correctly. And besides, if we are democrats, why are we wasting this opportunity for some other person who we don't even know is in fact our enemy.

Unless, of course, you are trying to protect Flash and Flame.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
I'm just going to address your points by number since we kinda ran out of text effects there.

1. How do you know the leaders of the other groups have specific names? And what good would knowing the name of a role do? In a game like this with unusual roles, getting positions is much more useful.
F&F mentioned something about a king, I would see no reason why only one leader of a specific group would have a certain name while the others don't
2. My reasoning is based off Crabby's actions; He's acting like he's the lone member of a group.
Flash Flame's whole "Oho there are more people in the Monarch group" thing was just an attempt to intimidate, it's likely he actually does know how many people there are.
F&F was simply trying to throw off crabby's logic(in an attempt to save himself) there is no solid evidence leading to F&F knowing how many people are in his party. In fact guards would naturally only know their partners and the person their guarding, but everything else should not be known to them.
3. Who know's what Crabby's ability could have done by now? Genis seems to be defending him quite vigorously. He might have enrolled one of the inactive people on Night 1. It's even possible that he has some "Heavenly Fire" one shot double killing role or something. Point is, as the Leader of a group, he's going to have more dangerous abilities than some guard.
Yet you do not know that. All your doing is making mass assumptions and claims that may not even be real. There's no proof or actual evidence that could actually make me believe what your saying is the truth. Also the leader doesn't always have the deadliest abilities, but rather an ability that can help him survive. In standard mafia the godfather has no super ability, he only appears innocent when investigated, and that in itself is not such a great power.

4. What kind of Mafia game has three towns? An unusual one. Forgive me for having an unusual role. As Minister of Defence though, It actually makes sense that I have a one-shot communication ability. As for hitting the Theocrat Leader twice, I've suspected Crabby of being Theocratic ever since his first post. This made him a good target for investigating.

It's just a role that doesn't seem very believable, but maybe I'm wrong.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
After going through everything...

Vote: Crabby

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Crabby wrote:

Sorry, Crabby. No one decided to follow my advice.

While you're at it, tell us what you really are.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Thomas_Terminator wrote:
After going through everything...

And with this vote, Crabby has been voted. (Yes, I was counting correctly)

Twilight begins
Those with twilight actions, send them or don't. It doesn't matter.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Modification to rules:

You may post during twilight. You may not vote. This is done so you don't just sit around while I crunch on data.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Apple Engi wrote:
While you're at it, tell us what you really are.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Night III begins

No deaths

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

So much inactivity.

48 hours remaining. After that, twilight will begin (I won't make a seperate post, but the topic title will change)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Day IV begins
Mr. Flash & Flame has been killed

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to secure a lynch

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm
 [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next