The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:56 am

[ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Bandana Dee 

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
Rollaboy wrote:
I wish I could play Beta already. Even if it was a W.I.P. version.

Is there a "like post" button? I want to "like" this post.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:08 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
screen shot it, upload to something like imjur. and then have it in your sig.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:02 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
@snidbert64: You see how you quoted that comment?
Do it again except copy the whole thing (including the [quote="Rollaboy"] part) and paste it into your sig.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:39 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
To this day I still don't get why wasn't Spear Barrage included in his Neutral Combo.
I remember somebody saying "Because we want him to be different from Kirby"... yet B-Air works pretty much the same as Kirby's (in terms of hitbox, not on sprites) and they gave him Kirbycide for some reason as his F-Throw.
I'm plenty aware MK also shares some moves with Kirby (U-Throw and D-Throw, I remember), but I don't mind them as that's how they worked in Brawl/Smash 4. He's a veteran after all.
However, Bandana Dee is a newcomer and it's still in time of getting changes.

Another thing I never liked about him it's his Dash Attack. (It's a move hard to describe, Dee basically slams forwards with his spear, get the spear under him, lifting him and making Bandana rise into the air).
I personally find this move cool but I don't think Dash Attack was the best move to place it. Specially since Parasol Drill could have worked out much better, but oh wait.
Parasol Drill is also another thing I don't like, its placement in Down Special has always been bizarre to me. Simply put, if you want to use this move while running, you have to press down and special and lose momentum. In a move originally used as a dash attack.

One easy way to fix this (in my opinion), and without wasting the coding, would be to simply swap the Special moves, I thought of this way:

-Neutral Special: Spear Throw (Since it makes no sense for Kirby to get the Beam ability after swallowing Bandana)
-Side Special: Parasol Drill
-Up Special: Spear Copter (which needs to be nerfed, in my opinion. The descent part of the move should only last 5 seconds rather than... forever)
-Down Special: Wave Beam (His current N-Special. Given the animations it makes a bit more sense for it to be put in Down Special)

That plus Spear Barrage as an infinite combo (an additional attack isn't gonna hurt any tier list, specially a neutral combo)

I know I've complained about this guy ever since he was announced, I know the devs are humans, like you or me, I'm just giving some feedback.
I understand why hasn't Back Thrust been included as B-Air or Moon Drop as D-Air. I don't agree with it but I understand them.

And before you tell me "uhhh dont' make the devs delay the game even more you asshat", I don't care in the slightest when is Beta gonna be released as long as it's good.
Thanks for reading through my entire post, have a good day.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:02 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Kirb-Star wrote:
To this day I still don't get why wasn't Spear Barrage included in his Neutral Combo.

Me neither :chibirobo:
Quote:
I remember somebody saying "Because we want him to be different from Kirby"

Which is ironic considering Bandana Dee shares a lot of stuff with Kirby in KRtD (Body Shape, Animations, Cuteness, etc.) and the similarities with Kirby are seemingly intended considering his Chemistry with Kirby as of the more recent games (Which makes sense, if Dedede is working hard to imitate Kirby's actions, Bandana Dee would probably follow suit)
Quote:
and they gave him Kirbycide for some reason as his F-Throw.

The funny part is that during the SmashCon stream when they were going over BDee's moves they were like "His Back Throw makes it look like he's just going to do Kirby's too but surprise, he kicks you instead"
Quote:
-Neutral Special: Spear Throw (Since it makes no sense for Kirby to get the Beam ability after swallowing Bandana)

-raises finger-
Um
Huh
You're right, actually
That is what will happen, won't it.
Huh.
That's kinda strange.
Real strange. :chibirobo:
Quote:
That plus Spear Barrage as an infinite combo (an additional attack isn't gonna hurt any tier list, specially a neutral combo)

Plus Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight all have Multijabs too
So BDee being the only one without one to be "Different" is kindof odd to me :chibirobo:
Quote:
"uhhh dont' make the devs delay the game even more you asshat"

Call me an asshat but I'm all for more delays
A good game is a good game n' they can have all the time they need to make it better :chibirobo:

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 pm

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
☻Danny☻ wrote:
@snidbert64: You see how you quoted that comment?
Do it again except copy the whole thing (including the
Rollaboy wrote:
part) and paste it into your sig.

I think I might! It would make a better sig than "Insert meaningful signature here".

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:15 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Kirb-Star wrote:
I remember somebody saying "Because we want him to be different from Kirby"... yet B-Air works pretty much the same as Kirby's (in terms of hitbox, not on sprites) and they gave him Kirbycide for some reason as his F-Throw.
I'm plenty aware MK also shares some moves with Kirby (U-Throw and D-Throw, I remember), but I don't mind them as that's how they worked in Brawl/Smash 4. He's a veteran after all.

Another thing I never liked about him it's his Dash Attack. (It's a move hard to describe, Dee basically slams forwards with his spear, get the spear under him, lifting him and making Bandana rise into the air).
I personally find this move cool but I don't think Dash Attack was the best move to place it. Specially since Parasol Drill could have worked out much better, but oh wait.
Parasol Drill is also another thing I don't like, its placement in Down Special has always been bizarre to me. Simply put, if you want to use this move while running, you have to press down and special and lose momentum. In a move originally used as a dash attack.

One easy way to fix this (in my opinion), and without wasting the coding, would be to simply swap the Special moves, I thought of this way:

-Up Special: Spear Copter (which needs to be nerfed, in my opinion. The descent part of the move should only last 5 seconds rather than... forever)
-Down Special: Wave Beam (His current N-Special. Given the animations it makes a bit more sense for it to be put in Down Special)

I know I've complained about this guy ever since he was announced, I know the devs are humans, like you or me, I'm just giving some feedback.
I understand why hasn't Back Thrust been included as B-Air or Moon Drop as D-Air. I don't agree with it but I understand them.

And before you tell me "uhhh dont' make the devs delay the game even more you asshat", I don't care in the slightest when is Beta gonna be released as long as it's good.

Alright, you've convinced me.
You should start a petition :chibirobo:

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:22 pm

MGN Username: Rollaboy
Currently Playing: SSF2, Terraria, Spelunky and whatever else Cthulhu brings me.
Waifu: Shoggoth. Tekeli-li.
Kirb-Star wrote:

Kirb-Star, I have to say: :link:
Ok now, seriously. I agree with the delay for the devs. Quality over quantity. The devs are putting their hearts, mind and soul into this game. In my opinion, they can have all time in the world. But sadly, there are always these impatient people. Let me tell ya somethin', Mr./Ms. Impatient: you waited 9 frickin' months to get into this world, you can wait some more for a game. Because not even instant noodles is instant.

Main:Image Secondary: Image

Image The satisfaction of making your own art is something truly remarkable. :colonthree:

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Bedoop wrote:
-raises finger-
Um
Huh
You're right, actually
That is what will happen, won't it.
Huh.
That's kinda strange.
Real strange. :chibirobo:

Infact this kindof gets me thinkin'
A lot of Kirby's new abilities are kinda strange
If :chibirobo: kept his Pre-0.9b animation for his Pickup, Kirby would've been opening his head to pocket things
I don't even know how Luffy's is going to work
Inhaling a Spear-wielding Bandana Dee gives you Beam
Sandbag's NSpec is gonna be pretty illogical considering what it's supposed to be (Only really makes sense for Sandbag)
:gameandwatch:'s Costume is probably gonna be a doozy (Unless they give him an SSF2-exclusive Hat, his G&W Costume is gonna require a lot of effort if I'm thinking in the right spot)
Lots of strange things :chibirobo:

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
IMO, the special placements are fine, CF's Falcon Kick is in a similar placement yet no one complained... I think...

But the rapid spear jab thingy would be nice... and a water F-smash

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Jan_Solo wrote:
IMO, the special placements are fine, CF's Falcon Kick is in a similar placement yet no one complained... I think...

The problem with Parasol Drill being Down Special it's because you have to lose momentum to use it while dashing. And the move was originally a speedy dash attack in its source game.
And I'm pretty sure no one complained about Falcon because all of his moves were made up (except his Side-Smash and Side-B, those came from the comic bundled with the original F-Zero Snes) and all of them were letfovers of the fighters from Dragon King the Fighting Game (SSB64's beta version).

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 pm

YouTube Video:

This needs to be a Taunt

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Better yet, make it so he makes that sound whenever he eats.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
F-smash is water now

Side-b I still hope will be angle-able...

...And that kirby gets Spear Throw if he inhales BD

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:41 pm

I swear I don't want Bandana Dee to get nerfed no matter what. Pretty much he is my hero.If he does get nerfed I will main Luigi which won't be much fun...

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm
 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next