The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 am

[ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 37  Next
MG Mafia XXI: Jobs Fair Mafia! [MAFIA WINS] 

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
Pach wrote:
Terra, could you please explain your scum reads on Genis and Champ?

Genis wrote:
Er, that's a bad justification, since Geno wasn't posting seriously either at the beginning of the day iirc. In fact, a lot of people weren't (save for Leo I think). Are you saying they're all just mafia, including Geno?

Well he does play by the mindset that everyone is mafia until they are proven innocent so maybe that's what he's saying but I'll wait for him to respond

Champ and rex, could you give your take on the current situation please?

my take on the current situation is that kirby was walking down a hill then he tripped and is now crashing down the hill

i am not good at analogies but i can see that his reaction to some of your votes (like nixters from the start ) really effected him when he
should have had his poker face up and play it cool

i guess he brought it on himself i guess

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Currently Playing: baseball.
Terra stop ignoring the question a lot of people have asked you(including me) have asked you, Why do you think me and Genis are scum??

Pach wrote:
Champ and rex, could you give your take on the current situation please?

If you mean what i think about Doqtor Kirby then i don't even know to be honest, he has been rather stupid which i think it could be explained due to his lack of knowledge but the thing that makes him look scum is that he has been refusing to defend himself and he even tried to hammer himself.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Sorry pressed submit without thinking.

I highly doubt there's a fool. Brik and I have tried a couple times to think of a way to make the fool interesting and it's just about impossible.

@TWOK: Could I get a reads list from you as well? You're lurking pretty hard.

I'm not really lurking but I wake up super late (like 4PM) and by that time there are four more pages and so far this game has been just a huge f***.
I'm almost entirely positive Kirby isn't mafia. It now makes total sense through his play that he's had this mindset of 6 mafia members. No noob scum can fake that kind of ignorance on their first game.

Thoughts:

There is most certainly not a fool in the game. Brik hates fools.

Terra is playing the way Terra always does. No read on that, but I've been vocal about not liking his D1 playstyle in the past.
DJ is still an FoS of mine.
Champ is null. Pretty fixed on that Terra read but is also somewhat contributing.
Rexos is a gut town read.
Geno is also gut town.
Panthera sticks out as pretty scummy, Vote: Panthera.
Maya/Lucina is null.
Pach gut town.
Doqtor Kirby is town.
Nixter is null.
Genis seems really hooked on that opinion of Terra's without actually contributing like Champ.

I think that's it.

AMA

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:46 pm

damn this game is hard i dont even know how to read people dam

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:31 pm

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Rexos is a gut town read.

Could you explain why? So far, he's basically said that Kirby made a mistake and is paying for it.
The rest isn't really helpful at all. How does that warrant a gut town read?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
He has a certain air of innocence about him. He gave thoughts on the Kirby bandwagon that I share. His play thus far makes me think of new town. Not much to go on, but it's called a gut read for a reason.

Why the need to specifically call out rexos? I gave many gut reads.

AMA

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Because it was the only read that looked strange to me, obviously.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Also:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
He has a certain air of innocence about him. He gave thoughts on the Kirby bandwagon that I share. His play thus far makes me think of new town. Not much to go on, but it's called a gut read for a reason.

I dunno man, I just think it's weird for him to be saying how Kirby should have played it, despite being another new player that hadn't posted anything significant until that post. It just doesn't scream town to me, sorry.

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Why the need to specifically call out rexos? I gave many gut reads.

Yeah, but the difference is those two other players have been actively contributing.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:08 pm

its true that im new to all this but that is the main reason that i didnt really post anything significant
im just watching the show unfold on its own so i know what to do if im ever put in a situation that is not good for me

also its blatantly obvious to anyone that kirby really freaked out its only logical to say that he should have been calm i dont see how that is weird??

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Genis seems really hooked on that opinion of Terra's without actually contributing like Champ.

Yeah I'm sorry for being bothered by someone who has an unexplained mafia read on me. >.>

And what the hell you do mean by "without actually contributing?" How do you define contributing, then? I've literally been mostly ignored most of the time this game so far.

I'll get on the readslist later. I need to actually, you know, READ these people.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
@Doq: You've given me a single reason as to why DJ is scum: looking at his other posts, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you, as DJ has demonstrated an interest in helping the town(though I do admit he isn't pressuring as much as he usually does). Besides, some people are even more guilty of posting with nothing at all(that is, simply agreeing with other people rather than providing a different view etc.).

That being said, though, my read on you is now null-town. It's highly likely, especially since you are a heavily emotional player, that you did not plan out your arguments in advance and then things just spiralled out of control for you, and as such, you reacted overly defensively towards comments that were trying to help you. While I think you have a 75%-ish chance of being town(your ignorance and general play certainly points to this, no offense), I think that you need to start thinking clearly, presenting your arguments better, or you'll be anti-town, which imo is even worse than being scum because to lynch you would be against my wincon.

Prove to me, Doq, that you ACTUALLY WANT TO HELP THE TOWN. Because if you don't, you'll be dead weight and that's the last thing you want to be.

Right, now on to bigger fish to fry.

Unvote: Doqtor Kirby
Vote: Genis

There's a difference between playing passively and agreeing with people just to look town. Haven't really seen too much original content from you: you've been going with the flow, so to speak.

I'll ask the same question to you as I did to Doq: who's your biggest scumread and why?

TOWK's feeling pretty town as is Nix. Everyone else I'm more unsure about.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I think I'll explain my read on Genis a bit further: Champ, you'll have to wait a while.

I'm thinking in terms of motive here. When I first read Genis' posts, something that immediately came to mind is how easily he swung on to other people's arguments while saying just about enough to get by: as Panthera mentioned, mostly been posting uselessly. It makes more sense to go with the flow as mafia to save your own skin than to do the same as town. Reads list when prompted is also a bit of a scumtell.

Likewise, Doq's just flailing about thinking that that's the only way he'd convince anyone, so he's more town.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Terra wrote:
Unvote: Doqtor Kirby
Vote: Genis

There's a difference between playing passively and agreeing with people just to look town. Haven't really seen too much original content from you: you've been going with the flow, so to speak.

I'll ask the same question to you as I did to Doq: who's your biggest scumread and why?

Aight. I'll bite. I'll answer it with the reads list TOWK wanted to begin with.

Dr.Geno - It looks like he's town so far. His posts genuinely seem to be on the town side, and it's looking like he wants to help the town.
DJ Wizard Cop - That disclaimer posting against Geno kind of threw the town off, so it feels off for me. But, he's been pressuring people so far, which is revealing a lot, so I'll say town.
Terra - Really frustrating. I want to say town, but it feels a little odd for him to not explain why I was a mafia tell until, well, now. Tbh that preoccupied me from actually producing content, but whatever. He otherwise seems to be pressuring a lot, although the rush for people to vote irks me a little. Also the mafia tell from Champ is weird, since like Pach noted a while ago, he only had one post.
TheOneWhoKnocks - Also null leaning town. He hasn't posted as much, but he's been at least putting some pressure. His reads were understandable as well.
Pach - He seems to be interrogating a lot and just overall putting pressure. I'm getting a town vibe from him.
rex - Null. I'm guessing it's his first game or something since it seems he's confused about what's going on in this game. That doesn't really say much, so I otherwise can't read anything from him.
RG4L | Champ - Eh, null. There's not much to go from him, but he's producing at least some content (admittedly, more than me). Although, the reason for Doq being mafia from Champ seems a bit odd, since it's like he's comparing Doq to Axel in previous Mafia games.
Nixter - Null leaning town. His vote on Doq before was probably to see what would happen (leading to Doq kind of panicking a lot), but he's
Doqtor Kirby - It's not that clear for me, but he seems like a really inexperienced town to me. Geno's argument that Doq could be flubbing is possible, but I feel like it's just he didn't do enough research on the game and made a mistake that there were 6 mafiosos to begin with. His play has been more panicky, which, like you've said before in other games, towns tend to do more often since they know less.
Maya Fey - She's been contributing a lot of her thoughts to the town and is overall playing really well so far. I'd say town.
Panthera Leo - I'm getting a slight mafia read from him, considering that he straight away voted for a no lynch despite the day not even ending yet. He might just want to use his role as quickly as possible for information (meaning if he's town, he might have some sort of investigative role, but iunno). Otherwise, really strange for him. (Edit: lol also how he went from trying to finish the day with a no lynch to trying to use up the two weeks we have of Day 1 to figure out what to do. Kind of weird to switch courses like that)

So basically my "scum read" is Leo so far.
Terra wrote:
When I first read Genis' posts, something that immediately came to mind is how easily he swung on to other people's arguments while saying just about enough to get by: as Panthera mentioned, mostly been posting uselessly. It makes more sense to go with the flow as mafia to save your own skin than to do the same as town.
I'd like some examples of this because I don't actually see this myself. Maybe then I'd understand where you're coming from. I don't see what I'm posting is useless, either. If that's the impression you're getting out of my posts, then fine, I'm sorry.
Terra wrote:
Reads list when prompted is also a bit of a scumtell.
I'm sorry if I'm not used to doing reads this early in the game >.> Also, why exactly is that a scumtell if I give a reads list but when prompted? I'm giving you what I think when you ask for it. What, does it ping your scumdar that I'm only doing it because you asked and not because I don't want to help the town? I want to WIN this game, man.

And on the topic of content, there's something none of you have even bothered to mentioned: we all made roles for this game. Save for balance changes and whatnot, all of us each know exactly ONE other role in this game. Granted we don't know who the respective person is, but we all know. We aren't using them at all, guys.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 am

whoops forgot to finish Nixter. But basically he's otherwise been playing safe, I guess. A little bit for the town, but not by much imo.

sorry hun

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:15 am

Genis wrote:
And on the topic of content, there's something none of you have even bothered to mentioned: we all made roles for this game. Save for balance changes and whatnot, all of us each know exactly ONE other role in this game. Granted we don't know who the respective person is, but we all know. We aren't using them at all, guys.

And in a game where alignments aren't based on the roles created, I don't think we should use them to discern town from mafia.

Here's an example: someone claims a role. Another person would probably confirm their claim by telling them they made the role. That won't really tell us whether or not they're town or mafia just from telling the truth.

I'm not exactly sure how all of this will work, but it definitely would be detrimental to give away the town's roles to the mafia through what is essentially claiming for other people, as only the mafia will know which role belongs to which alignment. That's how I read it, anyway.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 am
 [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 37  Next