The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
Samus 
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Godot wrote:
DE I'd like to point out that, just like with Link/ZSS' tethers, they are technically grabbing the edge throughout the whole animation, even if it doesn't look like they've grabbed the edge.

I'm aware of that. I'm just saying, it takes 9 frames for the animation to finish.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Dark Ermac wrote:
Godot wrote:
DE I'd like to point out that, just like with Link/ZSS' tethers, they are technically grabbing the edge throughout the whole animation, even if it doesn't look like they've grabbed the edge.

I'm aware of that. I'm just saying, it takes 9 frames for the animation to finish.

Gotcha, it just sounded like you thought that you had to wait for her to reach the edge before you can do anything.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 pm
BR Member

since this chat is a bit dead at the moment, I have a (terrible) MU chart to discuss.

Code:
Lloyd : 30:70
Sheik : 30:70
Meta  : 35:65
Zelda : 35:65
ZSS   : 40:60
Marth : 40:60
Pika  : 45:55
B Mage: 45:55
Tails : 45:55
Fox   : 45:55
Yoshi : 45:55
DK    : 45:55
Naruto: 50:50
Bomber: 50:50
Mario : 50:50
Purin : 50:50
Rock  : 50:50
Goku  : 50:50
Link  : 55:45
Ichigo: 55:45
Peach : 55:45
Sonic : 55:45
Ness  : 60:40
Wario : 60:40
Chibi : 60:40
Falcon: 65:35
Kirby : 65:35
Sora  : 65:35

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:22 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I'm guessing the numbers on the left are for the names on the left right? (e.g. Sora 65:35 Samus)

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:24 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
dude, its the other way around, did u for one moment think sora beats samus and samus beats mk omg

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Well, considering there's a ton of near 50/50 MUs, it was worth asking (Also I didn't read the entire thing, just MUs that caught my interest).

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:27 pm
BR Member

Yeah, the number on the left is Samus.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:58 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Lloyd vs Samus feels like cancer to me.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
Lloyd vs Samus feels like cancer to me.
It is quite likely one of the worst matchups in the game. Your feelings are justified.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

MGN Username: Godreaper
Wish Screw attack could kill...lol

Get Reaped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKAJyQcScs

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:58 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
It's really not suppose to. I think it should have enough knockback that if you do somehow get some there, Screw-Attack could kill when close to the top blastzone. She's suppose to have finisher else where, like on Fsmash, and most importantly, Nair, which are all really weak at the moment. Though, it be nice if Usmash killed in the game and had a hitbox down to her waist so she can hit shorter characters. She had a similar adjustment to tha tin PM that really helped her out, 'cause Samus has never had a really ceiling KO move.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 pm

MGN Username: Godreaper
well all characters should have a killing up special. This will give Samus players more options to kill with. Rather than down tilt, missile, charge (Which any projectile can be a double edge sword if you resort to those options).

I mean in Smash 4 they were smart enough to let her kill at ceiling with it, so why not add that bad boy in here. When most of the cast can do just that.

Get Reaped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKAJyQcScs

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Godreaper wrote:
well all characters should have a killing up special. This will give Samus players more options to kill with. Rather than down tilt, missile, charge (Which any projectile can be a double edge sword if you resort to those options).

I mean in Smash 4 they were smart enough to let her kill at ceiling with it, so why not add that bad boy in here. When most of the cast can do just that.

What?

@Zalo
I do think back air should be stronger like it was early patch. The same with f smash, but with the smash 4 f smash that would give it more range. If the charge glitch does get removed, I do think Charge Shot should be a little stronger.

I think nair is better as a combo extender, finisher and as a gimping tool instead of a KO move.

Down tilt is already a good ceiling KO move since its strong and has a big hitbox.

If you do want a more powerful ceiling KO move, maybe make up throw stronger, where it was able to kill floaties and below-averagers at around 150% last demo or make it a little stronger then that. Well not make it Link pre patch up throw last demo.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
ZERO_OR wrote:
Godreaper wrote:

What?

@Zalo
I do think back air should be stronger like it was early patch. The same with f smash, but with the smash 4 f smash that would give it more range. If the charge glitch does get removed, I do think Charge Shot should be a little stronger.

I think nair is better as a combo extender, finisher and as a gimping tool instead of a KO move.

Down tilt is already a good ceiling KO move since its strong and has a big hitbox.

If you do want a more powerful ceiling KO move, maybe make up throw stronger, where it was able to kill floaties and below-averagers at around 150% last demo or make it a little stronger then that. Well not make it Link pre patch up throw last demo.

Smash 4 FSmash? Hell no. That thing is so bad it makes me cringe everytime... While I believe that we wouldnt get the bad htboxes, the sweetspot of that move still is hella weak. A Throw as a kill move I can agree with.
I do think tho that Nair should be able to kill like it was in Melee. After all, this is supposed to be Melee Samus iirc. Right now it reminds me of Brawl Nair, and that move just pales in comparism.
Talking about Brawl... Can we have Brawl Zair please? That move was amazing.
Bair can stay mostly the same, but a sweetspot at the heel that can kill would be great. So you have that part to kill and require a tad spacing instead of just throwing it out nillywilly. The sourspot could actually see a small KB decrease for better combo potential imo.
Id also like to see Homing Missiles having less startup so Samus can actually run off a platform and fire one and Missile Cancel it. And I know this sounds weird, but what if Homing Missiles had no timer and would home a tad better, maybe with a little damage decrease for adjustment? I think that would greatly benefit her longrange game.
I dont neccessarily want Screw Attack to kill, altthough I wouldnt say no to it. Id rather increase the height to vanilla 0.9b so Samus can land on platforms if she does it OoS. And I know we wont see it, but I still want 0.9b air physics back...
Next are Bombs. Bombs ignoring shields is kinda "meh" imo. Qhat if that was taken away and bombs did a bit less than 50% shield damage? That would give her a onshield pressure tool that is a bit more balanced imo. Not saying bombs rn are OP, but its kinda dumb throwing a bomb onto a shield and just goimg through it imo.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:11 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
@star
I don't think she this is supposed to be Melee Samus.

Hmmm I wouldn't mind having Nair kill.

Your Back air sweet spot is a good idea, reminds of Samus's back air from Smash 64.

I do agree with you on the homing missiles though.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:48 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next