The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:50 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 

MGN Username: Wodahs1951
Currently Playing: Myself
Sonario wrote:
wodahs wrote:
I don't know why, but when i look at super mario 3D world, it reminds me of a classic mario game. Anyway, the game looks cool! I like the toad cat costume.

(Barely avoids lamenting about loss of 3DS) That's 3D WORLD by the way. I wonder why they didn't use THE Toad earlier. He's a much better character than color swapped ones.

No guys, I'm not talking about the super mario 3d land or whatever, I was talking about mario US. The area that they're in and the fact that they both have multiplayer with the same roster...

I don't know if its just a coinsedence but is it maybe, just maybe, it might be a sequel to Mario US?!?!

Check out my sprites Image
https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43658

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:54 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
it's in part an homage to mario 2
it is a sequel to super mario 3d land i think that's pretty clear

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Tid wrote:

But Mario 2 was an odd case, recenlty, people's been saying it's weird hybrid with theories pointing at it as a Mario game, rather than the game with the Fuji TV characters. Mario 2 is very debatable and though the homage is evident, this is could be Peach's first playable fromo start in a main Mario game.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Byllant wrote:
Tid wrote:

But Mario 2 was an odd case, recenlty, people's been saying it's weird hybrid with theories pointing at it as a Mario game, rather than the game with the Fuji TV characters. Mario 2 is very debatable and though the homage is evident, this is could be Peach's first playable fromo start in a main Mario game.

Im pretty sure Nintendo considers it part of the Mario series, otherwise we wouldnt have gotten characters from it appearing in later Mario titles such as Shy Guys, Snifits, Pokeys, Bomb-ombs, and Birdo.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm

I think they were making it as a Mario game, then they got the deal with Fuji TV so they re-skinned as Doki Doki Panic in Japan. Then the American thing happened.
...or something

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Byllant wrote:
Tid wrote:

Im pretty sure Nintendo considers it part of the Mario series, otherwise we wouldnt have gotten characters from it appearing in later Mario titles such as Shy Guys, Snifits, Pokeys, Bomb-ombs, and Birdo.

It's part of the series, indeed, but it is highly discussed its originality as a Mario game, initially, some felt this wasn't a true Mario game as it is a port of Doki Doki Panic, with different mechanics, characters, and settings, etc. But now, there's a new conspirancy started, I think, by DYKG, who stated that Doki Doki Panic was always intended to be a Mario game, even before the conception of Doki Doki Panic, supported by the items like the stars, sound effects, and that all characters except for the Arabian family, are Nintendo creations. So SMB2 is a really debatable game within the series, this said: Bob-ombs true first Mario appearance would be on SMB3, Pokeys in SMW, Shy Guys and co. in SMW2:YI, Birdo in Mario RPG, etc. Yet officially SMB2 is recognized as the first appearance of these characters.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Byllant wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Byllant wrote:
Tid wrote:

It's part of the series, indeed, but it is highly discussed its originality as a Mario game, initially, some felt this wasn't a true Mario game as it is a port of Doki Doki Panic, with different mechanics, characters, and settings, etc. But now, there's a new conspirancy started, I think, by DYKG, who stated that Doki Doki Panic was always intended to be a Mario game, even before the conception of Doki Doki Panic, supported by the items like the stars, sound effects, and that all characters except for the Arabian family, are Nintendo creations. So SMB2 is a really debatable game within the series, this said: Bob-ombs true first Mario appearance would be on SMB3, Pokeys in SMW, Shy Guys and co. in SMW2:YI, Birdo in Mario RPG, etc. Yet officially SMB2 is recognized as the first appearance of these characters.

DYKG doesn't take things out of their a** to talk about, the rumours would have already been there for them to pick up on it.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:01 pm

It was a supposition, not a fact, DYKG was coming up with a theory.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 pm

I don't think you saw the video.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Pope Krillin IV wrote:
I don't think you saw the video.

Which one? it's been a long time.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:31 pm

YouTube Video:

Around 3:30.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:32 pm

SMB2 is a Mario game. It was released in the West as a Mario game. It was released in Japan as a Mario game (under the name "Super Mario USA"). You can spout s*** about it not being a "true" Mario game, but Nintendo consider it to be one. Therefore, it is one.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:02 am

Pope Krillin IV wrote:

It's a shame my audio cable is broken, cannot heard a thing. It kinda bugs me they used Super Mario 3D Land's beta logo for part 3 and 4 rather than the commercial version, the one found in the first post of this topic, as they did with part 1 and 2.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, Fire emblem awakening etc
Waifu: ZSS
Does anyone feel like Super Mario 3D World's graphics are where the game really falls. I heard what other people have said on the game but alot of people where saying that the game doesn't really take full power of the Wii U. It's like Nintendo was like ''Hey lets take a Super Mario 3D Land and put it on the Wii U.'' A lot of people really though that when Super Mario 3D World was being showcased for the first time that they though that it was REALLY A 3DS Game! I do have I hopes for Super Mario 3D world but they really feel down with the graphics in the game itself. So what do you guys think about this? I am sure that a lot of you guys are going to say that I should wait until the full game is released but that's just how I feel imo.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 pm

I'd prefer a perfected art style with seamless graphics than something that is ambitious and ends up with terrible textures or a bad draw distance or an inconsistent frame rate.
Having a simplistic art style wouldn't stop me from enjoying the game.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 pm
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 165  Next