The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
MafiaBot v0.95 - The Skype Scumchat Automoderator 

Which weekly time works best for you? All times are GMT.
Saturday, 2 am - 4 am 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Saturday, 4 am - 6 am 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Sunday, 12 am - 2 am 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Sunday, 2 am - 4 am 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Sunday, 4 am - 6 am 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

MafiaBot v0.95 - The Skype Scumchat Automoderator 
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
If you'd like to be added to the Skype group, add me on Skype (it's on my profile) and I'll add you to the group.

Over the past few weeks, I've been developing MafiaBot, a python program that can automatically host games on Skype.
This allows us to do some cool things:

1. We no longer require someone to sit out and host if we want to run games. Want to play a 4P? You only need 4 people online.

2. Automatic record keeping, such as win streaks for players and win percentages for setups.

3. Eventually, though this feature is not present in alpha, rankings and seasonal trophies.

Mafiabot will run for two hours every week end. Vote in the poll above to determine which time is best for you.

There are currently only three setups. Mountainous 3P, SS3, and Vengeful. I'm making more, but they take time.

(Not) Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ: show
Q: Can I help, even with no coding knowledge?
Sure! Everyone can help with the project:

1. Design small, open setups. No coding knowledge necessary. If you make a good, balanced, fun, open setup that requires 6 players or less, I'll code it in.

2. Help me design the ranking system. Again, no coding knowledge necessary. Think you can make a good ranking system designed around Mafia? Feel free to discuss it in this thread or via Skype.

Q; I'm a super amazing programmer, how can I help?
Code setups. MafiaBot needs setups, and it gets them via setup files. I can only code setup files so fast: having help would be amazing and very much appreciated.

Q: How does MafiaBot know what Skype is doing?
MafiaBot uses Skype4Py, a neat-o library that I only somewhat understand.

Q: Can I have access to the files?
Yep! Message me on Skype and I'll send them to you. Just keep a couple things in mind:
1. I'm self-taught, so there are global variables up the wazoo and the files aren't optimized or anything. Google style guide? What's that?
2. You'll need Python 2.7.8 and Skype4Py to run the files.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:27 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Alright, it looks like the first poll option is the most popular, so circumstances permitting, I'll be running mafiabot from 2 to 4 am GMT on Saturday. (That's Friday night for most of you)

SS3 is now a ranked setup, and I'm working on adding rankings to vengeful. Come prove you're the best! The highest ranked player at the end of the night will get a cool trophy*.
If the ranking system works nicely, I'll start the summer season on the 17th.

*probably

Edit: Brik and Doq showed up and we played a few rounds of SS3 and one round of mountainous. They're both currently the highest ranked players. Looks like I'll have to step up my game.

I'm a little disappointed with the turnout, but I can understand since this is a reboot of a dead section. Hopefully enough people come next Friday and we can play vengeful.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:45 am
 [ 2 posts ]