The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
sWiTcHeRoO wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Define slow...

As far as I'm concerned, slow attacks are basically nonexistant. The slowest we get are really Ichigo's smashes lol.

They are existent though. It's not tremendously slow, but the build-up is still slow enough that your opponent can react to it easily, and since the attack is stuck to the ground you won't have any luck landing it at all while they're airborne. And they can just approach you and attack you while you're trying to get them with it. Honestly the only situation I see this move being usable is if the opponent has no way to go airborne to evade it, and that's probably just if they're sleeping or dizzy from a shield-break. Lloyd has other moves that let him get first blood way better than his down-B does.

You could predict when an enemy will land after their jump, use that time to strike- and if they Up-B to avoid, they will be sitting ducks if you act quickly enough.(maybe another Grave Blade :P)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:51 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You guys are still talking about situational-theories though. Attempting those tactic in-match (offline) against a reasonably experienced player won't work like you say it will.

I'd hope Tempest-Cancels get fixed as it's the main thing that makes Lloyd so broken at the moment. The fact that it makes Rising Falcon and Sonic-Thrust auto-cancel on landing is crazy. It wasn't like that in v0.9a, so all the risk of doing the cancel is gone. His moves becomes extremely safe. Perhaps the glitch has something to do with the coding of Lloyd being able to perform Down-air into and from Up-special infinitely.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:14 am

MGN Username: sparty88
I'm sort of late to this, but has the fact that Grave Blade affects separate platforms (as long as they're level) been brought into the discussion? Like if you Grave Blade the left platform on Central Highway, it will hit someone on the middle platform. If you use it on top of the hut on Jungle Hijinx, it affects the leftmost side of the stage. Etc etc. I'm sure it's been addressed, but I still find it amusing and occasionally use it just to show people it's a thing.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Grave Blade is good for tech chases y'all

idk what you'd use it for outside of online matches and like you said above, catching people who don't know it affects other plats

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
I just finished playing Lloyd dittos with TAC3, and I'm honestly convinced Lloyd is babied to death. Sheik at the very least has to work for a variety of her followups. Lloyd... Not so much. Let's talk about some stuff. So, I don't really know why anyone would use his fthrow when his dthrow is universally better and can guarantee a zero to death on HIMSELF. At literally 0%, you can do: dthrow > da x3 (if I recall after three attempts it sends the opponent into tumble) > fair, lame out and gimp when you're forcing the opponent into an oki situation. It doesn't matter what direction you DI in (and before you quote me, I know you can't DI out of throws; I'm referring to the window after the throw) because there is very little (and situational) opportunity handed to you to get out of it. Reverse hitboxes... Lloyd has way too many of those in general. You could just jump around and pressure with bair on plats, rinse and repeat. Also because of these traits, Grave Blade is an inferior move compared to say, dthrow. It does a better job guaranteeing what you want when you want it. I find a lot of this overall depressing.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at comparing down throw and Grave Blade. The two serve completely different purposes, no? It seems to me like comparing Melee Fox's shine and lasers. Both great moves, but for completely different reasons.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Because it's much easy to land a Grab-Dthrow than trying to do some elaborate setup into Grave Blade? Because both moves give you the same type of follow-up opportunity.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
I don't know why there aren't more people exploiting Lloyd in online play

-Fast moves with little endlag, making them exceedingly hard to punish
-Disjointed hitboxes
-Range on attacks
-Auto-canceling moves

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:09 am

Lloyd actually takes a bit of work and execution to be effective. Unlike Ichigo, Sora, DK, and Link.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:02 am

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lloyd dash attacks into side B is too good. Bad thing is that it's really hard to do without auto dash, and with auto dash it's a lot harder to do fsmash.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 am

I take back what I said about Lloyd not take work or execution.

I just fought incredibly straight-forward Lloyd player online. He didn't even use Tempest-Cancelling and the match-up still felt really dumb. Demon-Fang zoning too strong. Tiger-Blade > Rising Falcon is much safer than I original thought. Goddamn that glitch. And he pretty much just spammed, Grab, Up-tilt, and Up-smash. And if he missed, he would do 5-6 times in-a-row until he got it.

Too bad the guy rolled like a Miltank. Zelda continues to be the best character to punish bad habits.

And pretty much Mega Man, Naruto, Lloyd, Sora all have a really big problem with strong defensive play that encourages slow-paced play. This needs to be altered because make playing against them not even fun. Ichigo and DK aren't defensive, they just have really strong and safe offensive game.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:21 am

Zalozis wrote:

I just fought incredibly straight-forward Lloyd player online. He didn't even use Tempest-Cancelling and the match-up still felt really dumb. Demon-Fang zoning too strong. Tiger-Blade > Rising Falcon is much safer than I original thought. Goddamn that glitch. And he pretty much just spammed, Grab, Up-tilt, and Up-smash. And if he missed, he would do 5-6 times in-a-row until he got it.

Too bad the guy rolled like a Miltank. Zelda continues to be the best character to punish bad habits.

And pretty much Mega Man, Naruto, Lloyd, Sora all have a really big problem with strong defensive play that encourages slow-paced play. This needs to be altered because make playing against them not even fun. Ichigo and DK aren't defensive, they just have really strong and safe offensive game.

This is basically it. Also, I have a feeling that he was the same Lloyd who consistently gives me problems.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:51 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
DrunkenRockman wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

This is basically it. Also, I have a feeling that he was the same Lloyd who consistently gives me problems.

What kinda problems?

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:58 pm

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

What kinda problems?

Lloyd being able to throw out quick and very hard-to-punish moves constantly with little to no negative consequences. Fair, dash attack, and uair come to mind.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:13 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
I main Lloyd right behind Sheik, but even I think there could be something done to clean up his play style a little bit. He seems like the only character who can be offensive at every second of a match, and pretty much all of his moves are low-to-no risk. I have a lot of fun playing him, but I could see it being very frustrating for people.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:42 am
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next