The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next
Samus 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
OK, I experimented with it a bit. It seems to be a small lenght expansion of a grounded bomb... Take the floating platforms of SSZ. A grounded Bomb brings you 6 parts far if used on the left platform from the right. A "Bombdash" brings you eight and a half... Even more cuz there is this little break in the platform. Im talking about thos small lines at the fron of the floating platforms if you didnt know btw.

Looks like this isnt that helpful as I thought, it takes too long in execution and doesnt bring you that far. I still think that Superwavedash could be a thing lol

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Skailler wrote:
OK, I experimented with it a bit. It seems to be a small lenght expansion of a grounded bomb... Take the floating platforms of SSZ. A grounded Bomb brings you 6 parts far if used on the left platform from the right. A "Bombdash" brings you eight and a half... Even more cuz there is this little break in the platform. Im talking about thos small lines at the fron of the floating platforms if you didnt know btw.

Looks like this isnt that helpful as I thought, it takes too long in execution and doesnt bring you that far. I still think that Superwavedash could be a thing lol

Someone posted about this on the wiki, but I didn't think to much about it when I tested it. Looks like I was right, its not very useful and not very different from her roll, but at least her roll has invincibility frames.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 pm
BR Member

Wow... This topic sure is dead :ko: Time to bring some stuff to discuss! :wee:

So... I thought off some changes for Samus that I think would help her. I am prolly going way too overboard with this, but I jsut had some random ideas.

- A buff for her Air control. It doesnt have to be like the original 0.9b Samus, although I wouldnt say no to that but I think retooling it makes her spacing game a lot safer. So just in case you are able to throw out an airial to cover your retreat or something like that. Nothing super safe and unpunishable, but something that is a viable option.

- Startup lag for Homing Missiles is way too high imo. Maybe its just because Im bad or use the keyboard (or both), but I have problems doing a SH Homing Missile Cancel simply because it comes out with too much startup.

- A buff for Super Missiles. I think they KOa bit too late... (Like Samus never had this problem) A small increase in the Base KB or KB growth and in the speed department could help her out. Its just that I think that a heavy Missile should be able to kill Jiggs on PS3 at over 120%.

- I think that Homing Missiles would get buffed if they had a noticable lower travel speed, but get a buff in terms of higher range better homing effect that is equal to the speed loss. I think that would help her Missile Game out a lot. If not, then come and get me :P

- A bit better KO potential in general. Sure, DSmash is insane for that, but we all know its getting a nerf. Im thinking of increasing KB for FSmash, Bair, DTilt and Super Missiles. Not a ton of KB growth, but something she can kill reliably with besides a Charge Beam and her DSmash (which I am actually hoping for a nerf).

- I STILL think that being able to charge Charbe Beam mid-air would be a great tool. Would help her out getting that Charge a bit more safely (Ok, I guess its already safe) and can get in some effective Spacing srategies.

- I was thinking about having Power Bombs added to Samus´s arsenal. It charges just like Waft, but has no weaker stages of charge - either the full bombs or no reaction at all. The move comes out if you hold Down B instead of just pressing it, so you can still perform Bomb Jumping and other stuff. Im still unsure how a possible visual indicator could look like once the bomb is ready... Maybe a additional bar under the HUD that fills itself over time, simialr to Transformation Final Smashes? The power Bomb itself would deliver a heavy blow with ~28% damage and crazy KB. Range would be simialr to Level 5 Waft.

- Either a bigger hitbox for USmash and/or a lowered SDI multiplier. Lets face it, the move has little to none uses. Its risky, easily avoidable/SDied out of and can be punished accordingly. I thought of giving her PM Ice USmash or something like that, but Im unsure about that.

- PM introduced Plasma/Ice Beam, amirite? Why not make something similar with the Light Beam/Dark Beam from Prime Echoes? I dont even know if this is actually possible, so feel free to ignore that if you want. If you are in Dark Beam mode, your Missiles will travel a bit slower and deal less, but have greater range and slightly improved homing effect. Your attacks in overall also have slightly increased hitstun, allowing for better comboing. However, your KB and damage output gets reduced, making Samus struggle to KO. Light Beam Missiles are faster and have more KB, but will do the lowest amount of damage. Your moveset in general has less hitstun and damge output than before, but slightly increased Knockback, making it ideal to finish off opponents. You can switch Beams via Taunts: Up/Down Taunt for Light Beam, Side Taunt for Dark Beam and Regular Taunt for the normal Power Beam (you just have regular Samus´s stats). Matches would be started with the Power Beam equipped.

- Ok, this is propably even more stupid than the Beam Modes... The Extended Grapple from Melee if you are on the ground. Would work just like it did back then and could be used for a WTF edgeguard.

- And here is something else from Melee which will most likely never make an appearance: The SUper Wavedash. For those who dont know what that is: In Melee (PM as well?) you could lay a bomb (SURPRISE!), and as you were about to touch the ground, you could flick your Joystick in the opposite direction you wanted to go and tehn immeadiatly after that in the other direction. That gave Samus an immense distance with high travel speed, allowing for some surprise attacks and mindgames.

So yeah, here goes a Metroid fanboy with his ideas. Come and destroy them :P

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:29 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Please don't buff dtilt: it's already insane as is.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:25 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
dtilt comes out so fast it's ridiculous. the hitstun is huge too.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 pm
BR Member

Ok, Im removing DTilt from my list... Even if I think it could have a bit more KBIs that all you have to say about that list tho? "Screw DTilt"?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:06 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Not to mention dtilt's hitbox lingers after a while, so it's already good...

But I concur with everything else though.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 pm
SSF2 Developer

Being covered in armor, her melee attacks have high Priority across the board. Also, her D-Tilt and U-Tilt can Combo into quite a few attacks you wouldn't expect them to.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm
BR Member

Usmash is good on platformed stages, it does tons of damage, and it's pretty safe from above. It doesn't need a buff either.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm
BR Member

I think that is it just a bit too punishable because its pretty easy to SDI from my experience. But ok, strike that as well. And once were done, all of this will be called stupid... Or I just could have asked for original 0.9b Samus besides bombs

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:19 am
BR Member

The general suggestions are great, so don't think that they aren't: it's just that we have already seen how bad having moves that fill too many roles are for a metagame.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:21 pm
BR Member

The main reason why I mentioned DTilt was that I think that a friggin Cannon Blast sould kill earlier than some punch with that cannon. Hence why I stated that I was propably going overboard... But then again, Id bet my entire gaming collection that we wont see more than 15% of this ever, especially the Beam system. So I guess making this was more or less pointless (besides "reviving" this thread).

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:04 pm

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
Samus is my main in this game.

The strategy I use is essentially stay back and use Samus's projectiles wisely, occasionally using Nair to distance yourself or Uair if your opponent is high above you (other airs aren't that useful). The reason I main Samus though is Bomb. Not only is it an excellent recovery move from being too high OR too low, it can intercept most combos and prevent your opponent from getting close enough to stop you charging your cannon further (fully charged Charge Cannon is an excellent killer). Dtilt is probably Samus's next strongest KO move (after Charge Cannon), coming out more quickly than any Smash Attack I know of and dealing almost as much knockback. And I would recommend staying away from Ftilt, as it is easily dodged and slows you down even further than already (use charge cannon for high speed).

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:24 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Usmash is good on platformed stages, it does tons of damage, and it's pretty safe from above. It doesn't need a buff either.

yeah, but on flat stages it has huge struggles against the likes of Jigglypuff.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
ftilt and utilt are long ranged and very quick
utilt has ridiculous hitstun too

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:31 am
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next