The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:18 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
so i finally watched gurren lagann 

Waifu: zero suit wario
I think this was the only Gainax show I missed out on, and frankly GOD I wish i watched it so much sooner
I remember way back in 2010s when I first caught wind of it existing but I didn't get to watch it until say 2016 cause I was a dumb kid back then

I think I only got to Episode 3 when I started watching it and never picked up on it for some reason and focused on other Gainax/Trigger shows (mainly Gunbuster/Diebuster and Kill la Kill) and ALSO getting started on watching Jojo so Gurren Lagann always ended under my radar

Only like 2 weeks ago I finally started watching it and holy s***
It was really weird to see it so much later after it premiered but this show still somehow clicked into me just as easy
I finished it last wednesday and I was on the f*** edge of my seat
Legit Simon evolves so much as a character it's great

Also I got introduced with this team's style of animation with Panty Stocking and Kill la Kill and it felt so weird and charming to see where this stylized action started from (yeah I know it kiiiinda started with FLCL but Gurren Lagann was the one who perfected it)

Overall god I regret so much putting it on hold for so long but I'm glad I finally got to watch it

simple stories with interesting and fun characters are honestly really charming to me

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
hell yeah brother TTGL is one of my favorites as well

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 pm
 [ 2 posts ]