The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:41 am

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Last Airbender 

... Did anyone think this was good? I think it entierly failed. It removed about half of the storyline, over exaggerated bending scenes, made it so future important parts in book 2 and 3 (if they even make them) are nearly impossible... The most accurate scene in the entie movie was the blue spirit scene, which i must admit, minus the entire set up for it, was pretty decent. Other than that, it was an insult to the original series...
Your thoughts?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm
Site Moderator

It was good. The movie was much more serious, compared to the show. When I watched it, I was just a kid. It's like the movie has grown up with me. I'm relieved it wasn't the slapstick picture that most would've gone with. The casting was pretty good, as well. I especially like the one who played Zuko. He was badass. Aang was ok, but it was weird how they pronounced his name. Eh, tomato tomato.

I've also heard people complain about the lack of bending. Seriously? How could you have too much martial arts? It's great choreography, as well. You can't say it wasn't fun to watch. I would put this one in the same realm as DragonBall Evolution, it being a parody of the original series, but he honestly went for a solid film and it generally worked. I was surprised and elated.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:36 pm
Site Admin

Ha; Everything Blue said

Without trying to make it a review I'll simply say

"I watched the movie today and I walked out happier then I thought I would"

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 pm
Site Moderator

There you go. The perfect summation from an innocent person.

Jin wrote:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:41 pm

I wasnt dissapointed. Because i expected this. They made it too serious. They removed plenty of story line, and lacked anything but serious. Even Sokka, he was one of the most serious people...

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 pm
Site Moderator

glitch wrote:
I wasnt dissapointed. Because i expected this. They made it too serious. They removed plenty of story line, and lacked anything but serious. Even Sokka, he was one of the most serious people...

Why so serious glitch?

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:42 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah, I liked the seriousness. It made the characters much more bearable.

Jin wrote:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm

There was seriousness in the show, mixed with the charecters personalities. They werent happy robots, they were serious too. With the movie, they never seemed to have much of any other kind of personality but seriousness. Im just saying, it could have been more accurate...

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:53 am

Wished the character's personalities were matched up better (some of them were perfectly fine in their seriousness, but others seemed like they were posessed by someone), and the movie plot was bearable in my opinion. Overall it was not necessarily the best, but I was glad they made a movie of the series. :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Eh its was very inaccurate. IN terms of fire bendings having to throw fire into areas before they could fire bend there. The cast themselves. The fx were fine but its 2010 so it gets hard to fail with those at this point. There was a 15 minute little special on nick where the director explained thing from the movie that were changed. (Not all but some) He said he changed the pronunciation of some names to make them sound closer to their roots most notable Aang being an Asian name(though it didn't occur to him to get an asain actor?)

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:48 am

I saw some of the special, but i missed most of it. Him removing the keyoshi warriors was apparently because of too much film, because he loved them too much? Well, because of his love for the keyoshi warriors, there will be quite a bit of story cut out later. And he was adding the change to fire bending because it was apparently the only bending that wasnt limited? Well then he should watch season three and learn that water benders can pull water out of thin air, or realize that air benders can... USE THE DANG AIR! The only truly limited element is earth, which is mostly made up for by its already considerable strength, and that usually, unless they are weak enough to be taken out into the middle of the ocean, they have bendables...

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Well, it WAS made by M. Night. All of his movies are bad.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:57 pm

glitch wrote:
I saw some of the special, but i missed most of it. Him removing the keyoshi warriors was apparently because of too much film, because he loved them too much? Well, because of his love for the keyoshi warriors, there will be quite a bit of story cut out later. And he was adding the change to fire bending because it was apparently the only bending that wasnt limited? Well then he should watch season three and learn that water benders can pull water out of thin air, or realize that air benders can... USE THE DANG AIR! The only truly limited element is earth, which is mostly made up for by its already considerable strength, and that usually, unless they are weak enough to be taken out into the middle of the ocean, they have bendables...

If there was no air, no air bending. And water bending in the air is limited cause only 1% of the air is water.

Always here to say the day.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:27 pm
Site Admin

Cooby wrote:
Geno wrote:

Oh? When did The Sixth Sense suddenly stop existing?

That was his first and last good movie. <_<

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:31 pm
Site Admin

Cooby wrote:
Geno wrote:
Cooby wrote:
Geno wrote:

Oh? When did The Sixth Sense suddenly stop existing?

That was his first and last good movie. <_<

"all of his movies are bad"
"that was a good movie"

nice contradiction

As is life, so LIVE ON. Damn.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 pm
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next