The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:05 am

[ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 164  Next
SSF2 Online Matches 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
3ds1234 wrote:
Does anyone get depressed when they are down two stocks or continue to make mistakes. I went against a really good player who could use a variety of characters. One of the characters he chose was Mega Man, a match up I hate to go against with Marth. I won the first match barley, but got destroyed the next. I seriously was going to rage quit but I didn't want to do that and I didn't want to get 4 stocked so I tried without any energy and was able to knock a stock but the taunt at the end destroyed my spirit for the night.

It's very mentally defeating to be down some stocks in any smash game, know that you now can't afford any more mistakes, and then proceed to make more mistakes anyways. I did a game 3 in sm4sh as Falcon against a Villager (who actually won game 2 :O) where I SD'd both of my first 2 stocks before he was at 70% on his first. I didn't give up, and I pulled out a win :xd:

If I can do it, you can do it too :)

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:05 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Great game from Brikmaethor. Thee has an intriguing style with Naruto.

Christmas goddamn cookies. The defensive play is too real. Too really real. But good games still.

And just to mention; I still remember you from the "first generation" Smash Flash Back Room days. Fun times :)

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:25 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:
Great game from Brikmaethor. Thee has an intriguing style with Naruto.

Christmas goddamn cookies. The defensive play is too real. Too really real. But good games still.

And just to mention; I still remember you from the "first generation" Smash Flash Back Room days. Fun times :)

If you were in the BR before why didn't you join the current one?

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:32 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I thought I was apart of the current one, but I was just being inactive. I was on the Skype SFBR group before more laptop blew out.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:58 am

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
Phoenix Wright wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:
Does anyone get depressed when they are down two stocks or continue to make mistakes. I went against a really good player who could use a variety of characters. One of the characters he chose was Mega Man, a match up I hate to go against with Marth. I won the first match barley, but got destroyed the next. I seriously was going to rage quit but I didn't want to do that and I didn't want to get 4 stocked so I tried without any energy and was able to knock a stock but the taunt at the end destroyed my spirit for the night.

It's very mentally defeating to be down some stocks in any smash game, know that you now can't afford any more mistakes, and then proceed to make more mistakes anyways. I did a game 3 in sm4sh as Falcon against a Villager (who actually won game 2 :O) where I SD'd both of my first 2 stocks before he was at 70% on his first. I didn't give up, and I pulled out a win :xd:

If I can do it, you can do it too :)

Thanks man that helps me feel better

Characters I barley use: Marth

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:06 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Making a comeback is like the most hype thing you can do in a fighting game IMO, and I think the most hyped comebacks are only in Smash Bros. Especially if it's a 3 to 4 stock comeback.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

MGN Username: Sot6P
Currently Playing: SSBPM, SSF2 0.9b
3ds1234 wrote:

I see myself as a player that can keep his composure when I'm behind; what I do is divide the 'job' into smaller pieces, forget the score and play accordingly.

For example, if I'm down a stock and behind in percent as well, I will
1) Get opponent to kill percent (hit and run)
2) Get the KO (self explanatory)
3) Catch up with percent (go ham and combo the #$%@ out of them)

I'd like to hear other strategies as well!

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Sot6P wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:

I see myself as a player that can keep his composure when I'm behind; what I do is divide the 'job' into smaller pieces, forget the score and play accordingly.

Mainly when I'm down a couple of stocks, I actually start thinking. I try to be as patient as possible and go for reads the best I can. That is also when Dash Dancing comes into play, so I can use mindgames to set myself at an advantage, but it all depends on how smart your opponent has though. I use this in Casual play, but I just can't seem to get myself to use this type of mindset in tourney play.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
3ds1234 wrote:

This happens to me in tournaments when I'm facing someone that has a positive win ratio against me. The moment the match starts my morale is not very high, when I fall behind it gets lower. I don't usually make it back. This is only for people with a positive win ratio against me. If I have a higher win ratio against my opponent, my morale remains high even when I only have 1 stock left.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 pm
SSF2 Developer

Sot6P wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:

If I am behind by a lot in percent (both on last stock), and if the matchup allows for it, I consider these three strategies:
1) Play super amazing for about 10 seconds, and get a zero-to-death (I have this capability, but I can't tap into it when I REALLY need it)
2) Play solidly for an indefinite period of time, and focus on not getting hit (depending on the opponent's skill level, this may not be possible)
3) Get a gimp (not applicable in all matchups)

Usually I just go for number 3 lol

If I'm behind further than percent though, I'd say I just focus on capitalizing on advantages every time they present themselves. I won't get discouraged, I'll force myself to look even harder and play better to make up for the gap.

Since playing Dragon's Dogma, I have settled on a good way to summarize this:
"If you are outnumbered, behind in the score, or out of resources to defend yourself with, to make up for it BE MORE AWESOME.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Sot6P wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:

If I am behind by a lot in percent (both on last stock), and if the matchup allows for it, I consider these three strategies:
1) Play super amazing for about 10 seconds, and get a zero-to-death (I have this capability, but I can't tap into it when I REALLY need it)
2) Play solidly for an indefinite period of time, and focus on not getting hit (depending on the opponent's skill level, this may not be possible)

If I'm behind further than percent though, I'd say I just focus on capitalizing on advantages every time they present themselves. I won't get discouraged, I'll force myself to look even harder and play better to make up for the gap.

"If you are outnumbered, behind in the score, or out of resources to defend yourself with, to make up for it BE MORE AWESOME.

I usually go for the most disrespectful options and try to taunt as much possible to try to frustrate my opponent into making mistakes.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 am

MGN Username: DescendedSun
Currently Playing: SSF2
WRXJoey wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Sot6P wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:

I usually go for the most disrespectful options and try to taunt as much possible to try to frustrate my opponent into making mistakes.

Well, when I'm usually trying to win (I sandbag a lot, sadly), I analyze my opponents habits and quirks. Sometimes I lose stocks and I'll be behind.

Well, now that I'm behind, I can use the information I've been gathering and read all of my opponents attacks and techniques.

There are a few benefits out of this.

- After adapting, my play style may usually change. So this is a good way to keep my opponent off guard and salvage all the opportunities to punish their mistakes.

- I now have a better understanding on my opponent. So making a comeback is relatively easier. I also have the advantage of punishing certain moves they use, since I know where their going to use it and when. It also gives me the chance to "alter" my opponents composure by punishing their approaches and tactics, generally making them scared to approach. Now that I've psychologically got into my opponents head, I have access to other options, such as baits.

This doesn't work all the time though; it's a lot of effort too.

Youtube

Latest video!
CPU Battles!
YouTube Video:

Support my songs! Soundcloud

MG: Descended_sun - YT:Powerofzarak/DescendedSun - MGN: Descendedsun

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:29 am

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
Will all these tips I'm sure I can keep my morale up. Now if only I could consistently dash dance. Whenever I do it it does help but at the same time since I don't use the technique that much I mess up when trying it.

Edit: Eh Sparty I know our matches were laggy the reason being I'm at school and the wifi isn't really the best. I know the Fox match wasn't to your liking because the lag was terrible. Now speaking the match where I was shivering with excitement, the Marth ditto. I want to know what you think of my Marth and ways it can get better. I shielded a lot during the match because I've played your Marth multiple times so I kinda can anticipate what your going to do. Almost beat ya to. Matches like those are what I like. Whenever your around I want to go against you again.

Characters I barley use: Marth

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

MGN Username: sparty88
Please don't join my games where you're playing at school :xd:. Seriously, that was brutal lag. My #1 tip would be less fsmash. And don't read into my play too much. I think I was a little randy with the fsmash as well, mostly because I wanted to get it over with. PM me when you're on good internet and we can play forealz.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
GGs slaypes. Sorry for sding so much, still learning BBM. :p

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 pm
 [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 164  Next