The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 15 posts ] 
Adélaïde D'aubigne 
Site Moderator

Name: Adélaïde D'aubigne

Time Period: 17th Century Alternate Timeline (a.k.a. Napolean doesn't exist and guilds ruled France.)

Race: Human.

Class: Maestro - Fencing Expert

Alignment: Lawful Good

Current RP's: War of the Black Flames

Equipment:

Jiahu Crane Flute- Given to her by the German flutist Johann Joachim Quantz. An ancient instrument used in the early periods of China and the far east. The sound it makes is said to call forth the wind itself.

Lily- A simple rapier of no specific value. It was crafted by the blacksmith of a small village in France. Its defining characteristics are that its made of a high quality steel alloy and can never bend. In other words, it's as stiff as the thickest metal pole, even though it's only about an inch in diameter. The hand guard is a faded cerulean with a black leather band around the grip. The pommel is also cerulean and shaped like a plum.

Appearance:

Adélaïde's robe is extremely white. So white, in fact, that it seems to automatically bleach itself without chemicals or the actual knowledge of how to do so. Some say it's a living entity, completely soulless and utterly frightening. Others say it's the collective spirit of every person she has defeated in battle, manifesting itself in the stitches and increasing her melancholy aura tenfold. Either way, her cloth has never been a hindrance to her movement or speed, however billowy and long it may be.

Personality:

Adélaïde's personality can best be described as "ambiguous." Often times she can be gentle and kind and other times she can turn into a stone cold, merciless brute. Though she usually prefers quiet conversations, she can beat anyone in a shouting contest. Her passive nature usually leads her out of trouble safely, that is if she has found herself in a bit of it, the odds of that being few and far between. Bottom line: don't cross her, but don't shy away from her, either. Being a friend will reap bountiful rewards.

Adélaïde sees life as a wonderful concert. She lives the moment in hopes of finding the mood. This means she is constantly searching for the meaning of each conversation. Being a strong believer in fate, she will often record exchanges of words as lyrics in her head, perhaps to be used as a motivation when playing her music. A strange quirk indeed, but effective in fulfilling her needs.

She speaks in a heavy French accent, but can understand and write English (among other languages) perfectly.

Biography:

The guild that was mainly rooted in France - but recently spread further into other territories - had always kept its secrets well hidden. Each high class member was given surgery, inserting extraordinary ocular implants while turning the pupil and iris a bleached white color. When a member died, their eyes would immediately dissolve due to a chemical balance maintained by the beat of their hearts. The "chord" that ran from the heart to their eyes always vibrated, giving off a certain tone that rang as long as the beats persisted. When the person's heart rate increased due to strenuous exercise, such as battle, the ringing of the chord would become more intense, causing the user to exert more energy than a normal human. The energy would then gather in the manipulated eyes to be used for various functions. The user would be able to see an opponent's actions in a sort of slow motion, enabling them to act with inhuman precision. Another option would be to spend the energy on healing certain wounds the user has been inflicted with by merely staring at the gash. The third option has been a closely guarded secret, as no other who has experienced it has survived to analyze it. A truly fearsome enemy, not many have tried to anger the sages of the Guilde de la Chanson du Cœur (Guild of the Heart's Song).

Adélaïde was born in Mélodie Temple, located south of Clermont Ferrand, almost the dead center of France. Each pupil was taught to appreciate all types of music. Orchestra, traveling gypsy bands, bards, even a common person's humming was considered an art. Studies never spanned past reading/writing common languages and music, accompanied by daily practice of swordsmanship. At the age of 10, Adélaïde was given her first flute, a crudely crafted txistu. Instead of casting away the wretched looking thing, she cared for it as if it were her own child. Youth in her region were raised to respect all types of instruments, no matter how ugly they may be. She practiced for several years until, at age 13, she was told to leave on her lyrical quest. A lyrical quest was an important time for all Mélodie students. Once they reached a certain age, they were instructed to leave the temple and search the country for other musicians. If they succeeded in locating a fine one, they would then study their habits and style and eventually write a piece of music to present to the leader of the temple.

Adélaïde traveled to a rather large town called Toulouse. A visiting German flutist by the name of Johann Joachim Quantz agreed to teach her his ways while he remained in France. Together, with his help and over a year later, she was able to compose her own song "D'aubigne's Sonata." Before he departed, Quantz bestowed his Jiahu Crane Flute unto her. She reluctantly accepted and bid farewell to her master. With her song literally in hand, she returned home. When she was to play before the temple elder, she was claimed by a terrible bout of stage fright. Due to this, her performance was lackluster and severely hampered. However, it was the most beautiful sonata they had ever heard. To her surprise, she was immediately recruited into the Order of the Ballade of the Guilde de la Chanson du Cœur.

At age 14, she was the youngest yet to be inducted into one of the smaller, but more prestigious, factions. Though she was never ridiculed by her fellow members, she felt inferior to them because of her small stature and young appearance. Over the course of fifteen years with the Order of the Ballade, she quelled 17 uprisings in the northwestern parts of France, defeated 23 rebellious commandants scattered around the region, and singlehandedly brought a peasant army from northern Spain to its knees in a single concert. Her abilities manifested themselves in her instrument, thus she refused to play anything but her own Jiahu Crane Flute.

At age 29, she was accepted into the elder ranks of the Order of the Ballade and given the heart chord surgery. Again, she was the youngest to do so, but felt no shame in it, being older and wiser than when she had previously received such an honor. To solidify her position, she held a private concert for the people of Mélodie Temple. She played "D'aubigne's Sonata" once more. The beauty and grace of her performance was beyond words and instantly brought them to tears. It was so impacting, in fact, that it caused all before her to bow as low as they could to the ground, though it was not her intention. That night, she was given the name l'Âme en Accord, meaning The Soul in Tune.

For 11 more years, she served as the Order of the Ballade's highest standing officer and elder. Today, Adélaïde's name means "of noble kind." This would serve as a fitting title for the high class lady she is.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 am

lololol, her eyes dissolve when she dies?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Site Moderator

Yes, quite a powerful attack. How come you're the first to respond to this? Thai hates me... wah...

Jin wrote:

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Since you just had to use kitty cat eyes...

bluemage77 wrote:
Name: Adélaïde D'Aubigne

Time Period: 17th Century Alternate Timeline (a.k.a. Napolean doesn't exist and guilds ruled France.) Not much different that Robber Barons of the medieval era I assume.

Race: Human.

Class: Flutist- Rapier Master There is a specific word for the master of an instrument, but Maestro is perfectly fine to use in this context.

Alignment: Good. Lawful, Chaotic or Neutral?

Current RP's: War of the Black Flames

Equipment:

Jiahu Crane Flute- Given to her by the German flutist Johann Joachim Quantz. An ancient instrument used in the early periods of China and the far east. The sound it makes is said to call forth the wind itself.

Lily- A simple rapier of no specific value. It was crafted by the blacksmith of a small village in France. Its defining characteristics are that its made of a high quality steel alloy and can never bend. In other words, it's as stiff as the thickest metal pole, even though it's only about an inch in diameter. The hand guard is a faded cerulean with a black leather band around the grip. The pommel is also cerulean and shaped like plum. I'd love to get my hands on such a sword. Since it will never bend nor snap.

Appearance:

Adélaïde's robe is extremely white. So white, in fact, that it seems to automatically bleach itself without chemicals or the actual knowledge of how to do so. Some say it's a living entity, completely soulless and utterly frightening. Others say it's the collective spirit of every person she has defeated in battle, manifesting itself in the stitches and increasing her melancholy aura tenfold. Either way, her cloth has never been a hindrance to her movement or speed, however billowy and long it may be. Character Design is okay, though I feel there are some Eastern influences in her attire.

Personality:

Adélaïde's personality can best be described as "ambiguous." Moody? Often times she can be gentle and kind and other times she can turn into a stone cold, merciless brute. Though she usually prefers quiet conversations, she can beat anyone in a shouting contest. Her passive nature usually leads her out of trouble safely, that is if she has found herself in a bit of it, the odds of that being few and far between. Bottom line: don't cross her, but don't shy away from her, either. Being a friend will reap bountiful rewards.

Adélaïde sees life as a wonderful concert. She lives the moment in hopes of finding the mood. This means she is constantly searching for the meaning of each conversation. Being a strong believer in fate, she will often record exchanges of words as lyrics in her head, perhaps to be used as a motivation when playing her music. A strange quirk indeed, but effective in fulfilling her needs.

She speaks in a heavy French accent, but can understand and write English (among other languages) perfectly.

Biography:

The guild that was mainly rooted in France - but recently spread further into other territories - had always kept its secrets well hidden. Each high class member was given surgery, inserting extraordinary ocular implants while turning the pupil and iris a bleached white colour. When a member died, their eyes would immediately dissolve due to a chemical balance maintained by the beat of their hearts First thought about that is, "OMG you just failed chemistry forever!" but then there's a small nagging thought about how not letting reagents settle can maintain equilibrium.. The "chord" that ran from the heart to their eyes always vibrated, giving off a certain tone that rang as long as the beats persisted. When the person's heart rate increased due to strenuous exercise, such as battle, the ringing of the chord would become more intense, causing the user to exert more energy than a normal human. The energy would then gather in the manipulated eyes to be used for various functions. The user would be able to see an opponent's actions in a sort of slow motion, enabling them to act with inhuman precision. Another option would be to spend the energy on healing certain wounds the user has been inflicted with by merely staring at the gash. The third option has been a closely guarded secret, as no other who has experienced it has survived to analyse it. A truly fearsome enemy, not many have tried to anger the sages of the Coeur Chanson Guild (Heart's Song Guild) Guilde de la Chanson du Cœur.

Adélaïde was born in Mélodie Temple I wasn't aware they had temples in France, a small church or chapel is more likely., located south of Clermont-Ferrand, almost the dead centre of France. Each pupil was taught to enjoy appreciate? all types of music. Orchestra, travelling gypsy bands, bards, even a common person's humming was considered an art. Studies never spanned past reading/writing common languages, musical notes the language of music and swordsmanship. At the age of 10, Adélaïde was given her first flute, a crudely crafted txistu. Instead of casting away the wretched looking thing, she cared for it as if it were her own child. Youth in her region were raised to respect all types of instruments, no matter how ugly they may be. She practised for several years until, at age 13, she was told to leave on her lyrical quest. A lyrical quest was an important time for a Mélodie student all Mélodie students. Once they reached a certain age, they were instructed to leave the temple and search the country for other musicians. If they succeeded in locating a fine one, they would then study their habits and style and eventually write a piece of music to present to the leader of the temple. Wandering in search of a worthy master? Sounds fun. You're not basing this on Eastern practices are you?

Adélaïde travelled to a rather large town called Toulouse. A visiting German flutist again, you could call him Maestro by the name of Johann Joachim Quantz agreed to teach her his ways while he remained in France. Together, with his help and over a year later, she was able to compose her own song "D'Aubigne's Sonata." Before he departed, Quantz bestowed his Jiahu Crane Flute unto her. She reluctantly accepted and bid farewell to her master. With her song literally in hand, she returned home. When she was to play before the temple elder, she was claimed by a terrible bout of stage fright. Due to this, her performance was lacklustre and severely hampered. However, it was the most beautiful sonata they had ever heard. To her surprise, she was immediately recruited into the Ballade Order An order based on French poetry? Quite original. Personally I'd say Order of the Ballade of the Coeur Chanson Guild Guilde de la Chanson du Cœur.

At age 14, she was the youngest yet to enter an adult inducted faction Adult faction doesn't sound right. Can you find another word that could be equivalent? I'm thinking of Order. Though she was never ridiculed by her fellow members, she felt inferior to them because of her small stature and young appearance. Over the course of fifteen years with the Ballade Order, she quelled 17 uprisings in the north western parts If you really wanted to be technical, say Picardy or Lorraine of France, defeated 23 rebellious commandants scattered around the region, and single-handedly brought a peasant army from northern Spain to its knees in a single concert. Her abilities manifested themselves in her instrument., thus She refused to play anything but her own Jiahu Crane Flute.

At age 29, she was accepted into the elder ranks of the Ballade Order and given the heart chord surgery. Again, she was the youngest to do so, but felt no shame in it, being older and wiser than when she had previously received such an honour. To solidify her position, she held a private concert for the people of Mélodie Temple. She played "D'Aubigne's Sonata" once more. The beauty and grace of her performance was beyond words and instantly brought them to tears. It was so impacting It had such an impact, or, Such was the impact, but personally, I wouldn't use impact, in fact, that it caused all before her to bow as low as they could to the ground, though it was not her intention. That night, she was given the name Âme Tune, meaning Soul Tune. l'Âme en Accord, The Soul in Tune

For 11 more years, she served as the Ballade Order's highest standing officer and elder. Today, Adélaïde's name means "of noble kind." This would serve as a fitting title for the high class lady she is.

Italics for typos, bold for suggestions. I may bestow my seal of approval yet.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:44 am
Site Moderator

Yay, I knew Thai could help improve it even more! I'll go back and edit, today. I havez famous author friend. Aw yeah.

Jin wrote:

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Famous? Pleeease.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:32 pm
Site Moderator

Like you're a jewel, Sayo.

Jin wrote:

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 pm

:x
Like you're a girl, Blue.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 pm
Site Moderator

Like I even had to try, Not Sayo.

Jin wrote:

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:03 pm

bluemage77 wrote:
Yay, I knew Thai could help improve it even more! I'll go back and edit, today. I havez famous author friend. Aw yeah.

Once again, I am humbled. That and you make me feel old. I hope to see improvements in the next iteration.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am
Site Moderator

I fixed it up. There were some things I wanted to stay the same, like the Ballade Order. Also, no I didn't mimic any far eastern customs when writing this. The "search for a master" was my own idea.

Alright, so how is it, now?

Jin wrote:

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:10 pm

When I suggested Maestro, I meant it to replace the Flutist bit of the Class field (since flutist is apparently not a word, according to the MoFi dictionary), since you composed her own piece (which has had a profound impact on the world) and less so because she was master of French Fencing (I'm only assuming this because you know, she's from France and all).

Also, when I asked Lawful, Chaotic or Neutral, I mean as in, Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, or Neutral Good.

Forgot to mention that Guilde de la Chanson du Cœur means Guild of the Heart's Song but its fine either way.

The impact part still bugs me but okay, its your choice.

Finally you still spell like an American.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 am
Site Moderator

Ah, but flutist is a word. More specifically, a term that isn't necessarily in a dictionary. It's the most basic way of describing a person that focuses on a particular instrument, i.e. violinist, pianist, flutist.

Jin wrote:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm

bluemage77 wrote:
Ah, but flutist is a word. More specifically, a term that isn't necessarily in a dictionary. It's the most basic way of describing a person that focuses on a particular instrument, i.e. violinist, pianist, flutist.

I know, but I think we both know how I feel about the usage of the English language. There wasn't anything massively broken about your character sheet (I still can prevent myself from retching whenever that's mentioned), so I can give you a thumbs up for the now edited one.

*thumbs up*

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:22 pm
Site Moderator

Thaiberium wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

I know, but I think we both know how I feel about the usage of the English language. There wasn't anything massively broken about your character sheet (I still can prevent myself from retching whenever that's mentioned), so I can give you a thumbs up for the now edited one.

*thumbs up*

Oh ya, well... your mom.

Jin wrote:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm
 [ 15 posts ]