The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Metal Gear Solid 

THoT wrote:
Revengeance was confirmed noncanon by kojimbo, sorry friends

It doesn't even f*** matter if it is or not

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:33 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
kb wrote:
THoT wrote:
Revengeance was confirmed noncanon by kojimbo, sorry friends

It doesn't even f*** matter if it is or not

Also usually when you make a statement as a fact you provide some articles to back up your claim.

I've done a quick google skim but I only saw a tweet with Kojima mentioning that "Rising was changed from being a Solid (main game to spin-off)) game to allow Platinum more freedom". Meaning it's confirmed as a spinnoff and not uncanon.

None of the events in Rising contradict anything in Solid so yeah

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:38 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Term wrote:
For Guns of the Patriots, I can't put it more accurately than "The worst in the series, with the best moments". Trying to make a concrete story that takes place after an ending left largely open to interpretation was a terrible idea to begin with, and a lot of the plot elements added are still jarringly stupid to me. The boss fights and setpieces are among the worst in the series, with the two exceptions that I don't have to mention. I also don't think I even have to mention the ridiculous cutscene length. It's telling that, although I wanted to play this game in 2014 for the novelty of it, I didn't get the inspiration to do so for the whole year. The stealth gameplay itself is solid, but it gets drowned out by all the other s*** I think

I really don't agree about the setpieces. The only part I thought was lame was the part where you have to follow the resistance members through the city. The rest of the levels were really cool. I loved how they changed it up from sneaking through buildings to sneaking through active battlegrounds where s*** is just exploding all around you and you're inchworming through the grass. The only boss fight I thought was bad was the Raven one but the rest were fine-to-great.
I only complaints I have about the story are the over-reliance on nanomachines to explain things (I sort of wish Vamp was just actually immortal and you had to find some weird as s*** way to take him down) and some of the fanservice. Like Psycho Mantis showing up for 5 seconds to do the same thing he did in 1 then leave.

V's story is just so weird to me. They resolve the main conflict in Chapter 1 then try to tie up loose ends in Chapter 2 and then just leave them hanging anyway because the game's unfinished. I agree it's pretty hard to judge it because its obvious the people making it are competent and would have done much better had they been given enough time. I thought the missions towards the end though were all really great though. Having to execute your own men in the Quarantine Bay was so f*** and my favorite mission in the whole game. Quiet actually got somewhat interesting towards her end and I think if they game was finished it's possible she didn't actually die. In the Truth mission when you turn the picture around and see your name I completely forgot I named myself Big Dick Rick and had to pause the cutscene I was laughing so hard.My biggest complaint about V other than the story is that they toned down Ocelot hard. He's my favorite character for his over the top campiness in every game and in V he's just Cowboy Troy Baker.

AMA

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:18 am

Waifu: You!
i remember a tweet from Kojima saying its 'part of platinums universe' but yes it doesn't matter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
TOWK wrote:
My biggest complaint about V other than the story is that they toned down Ocelot hard. He's my favorite character for his over the top campiness in every game and in V he's just Cowboy Troy Baker.
My thoughts on this is that it's the first time we've seen Ocelot as an ally, which would of course change how he acts around the player

I see the disappointment though

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:28 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
Scott wrote:
1 is my favourite and i know this makes me a filthy hipster

1 is also my favorite but mostly because of nostalgia

but even so its a nice, solid game hahahahahaha (sorry)

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:31 am
Site Moderator

Side note how f*** cool as s*** was the last revolver duel with him in Snake Eater? It was very cool as s***. Snake Eater had so much great s*** in it, I need to replay that one first

AMA

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:33 am

Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:34 am

THoT wrote:
i remember a tweet from Kojima saying its 'part of platinums universe' but yes it doesn't matter

Kojima also isn't a native English speaker and you're probably misunderstanding what he meant

Kojima Productions handled the scriptwriting of Rising so he certainly doesn't mean story-wise

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 am

TOWK wrote:
Side note how f*** cool as s*** was the last revolver duel with him in Snake Eater? It was very cool as s***. Snake Eater had so much great s*** in it, I need to replay that one first

Also the thing at the end.

You know what I'm talking about. ;)

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:42 am
Site Moderator

TOWK wrote:
Having to execute your own men in the Quarantine Bay was so f*** and my favorite mission in the whole game.

omg yes I agree. This mission was so f*** tense holy s***, some parts of it felt like a goddamn horror movie and the part where you enter the room and your men just f*** accept that they won't survive and start to salute you while the Peace walker theme plays made me shiver. The part is especially hard on you as a player because the game keeps giving you the "A staff member has died" message. Jesus Christ

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:43 am
Site Moderator

Steven wrote:
TOWK wrote:
Having to execute your own men in the Quarantine Bay was so f*** and my favorite mission in the whole game.

omg yes I agree. This mission was so f*** tense holy s***, some parts of it felt like a goddamn horror movie and the part where you enter the room and your men just f*** accept that they won't survive and start to salute you while the Peace walker theme plays made me shiver. The part is especially hard on you as a player because the game keeps giving you the "A staff member has died" message. Jesus Christ

Yeah I kept scanning them and was like f*** this dude's an A+ R&D member I can't kill him but I had to anyway. I had actually gone down into that room before you needed to and so the Peace Walker theme wasn't playing during that part for me, but yeah "We live and die by your order, Boss"

AMA

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:46 am
Site Moderator

TOWK wrote:
Steven wrote:
TOWK wrote:

Yeah I kept scanning them and was like f*** this dude's an A+ R&D member I can't kill him but I had to anyway. I had actually gone down into that room before you needed to and so the Peace Walker theme wasn't playing during that part for me, but yeah "We live and die by your order, Boss"

From what I've read that mission only uses high-ranking members. Probably to make it even more difficult to off them. Everything about that mission was just really well designed.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
I bet you guys all have pretty nice operating bases, right?
Be a shame if someone were to, say, sneak in and kidnap your staff.

Maybe you'd like to buy some base insurance?

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 pm

It's really nice that they're adding a gift giving mechanic so early.

Now everyone can enjoy getting twice as much virtual loot. It's almost as good as that virtual wedding ring.

I hope the ones who actually purchase this have a special marker, because they're just begging to have a give away.

Can't wait till I can buy nukes and max level staff too.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:40 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next