The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:12 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
Adrift OoC Thread 

The Call. This is the urge Stationeers get when they begin to grow up or grow old. The urge to leave the safety and stability of the Station they live on, and to venture into space, discover something new, and become rich, or even, a legend. Of course every one of the people that do, die, tragically.

But that won't stop you now will it? No, Station 4;12;5 has become too unbearable for you. All the jobs are so mundane, if only you could get away. But this station is self-sufficient, so trade ships rarely ever visit it, and of those few even need new crew.

Then, one day, out of the blue, the "Old Gaia" requested docking permission. After a successful dock, the station mayor boarded the vessel. It had no crew. During the inspection of the ship a message was activated, asking for "the return of this unique ship to the Research Station 2;11;4". After the inspection relieved no apparent hull or system damage, volunteers were called on to take part in this mission. Congratulations cadet, this is your dream come true.

---
This is a stat based space-RP where the stats don't matter (As far as you know), that's right, the stats are like video game ratings by people who get payed to rate video games. The stats are a general lay out of your character and will effect almost nothing except behind the curtain workings.

I also have to limit this to six players, one characters apiece. At least for now.

---
Sign-up Sheet:

User name: (So I can organize moar better)
Character Name: (What your character is called, include nicknames if applicable)
Character Description: (A description of your character's physical appearance. Include age/apparent age. Min one paragraph)
Character Personality: (A description of your character's quirks and mannerisms. Min one paragraph)
Character Bio: (Station 4;12;5 is boring but that doesn't mean you have to be. Min one paragraph, but, as this is the greatest factor in determining your acceptance/denial you might want more if it's needed for better quality)
Stats (You can rogue-like this and just post "random roll" in caps if you want, but really it's not that tough)
Stat Sheet: show
Characters have three main stats, POWER, INTELLECT, and CHARISMA. One of these stats get 15 points to distribute to it's sub stats, and the other two get 10 points each. You can choose to have 0 in a sub stat, however there a hefty consequences (You cannot random roll a 0). Stats are increased by the player when they level up. Skills both influence stats and are influence by stats, but are not stats. One of your skills start at 2, one at 1, and the rest at 0. Skills increase with use, not level. Abilities are generated by your bio and other actions in the RP itself.

POWER: 0
-Physical Strength: 0
-Mental Strength: 0
-Agility: 0
-Constitution: 0

INTELLECT: 0
-Machine Knowledge: 0
-Systems Knowledge: 0
-Biological Knowledge: 0
-Perception: 0

CHARISMA: 0
-Personality/Style: 0
-Diplomacy: 0
-Animal Affinity: 0
-Shady Dealings: 0

SKILLS
-Piloting: 0
-Repairs: 0
-Combat (Personal): 0
-Combat (Space): 0
-Mercantile: 0
-Exploration: 0

ABILITIES
-TBA

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS
Doug James: show
User name: Wizzquizz
Character Name: Doug (Doulas) James
Character Description: Doug is a big, tall, man, about 24 of age. he stands about 6'3, he's about 215lb but that's all muscle. He has broad shoulders. His brown hair is usually cut short, Although he almost always has a hat over it. He has brown eyes. He wears blue jeans with a belt. He wears a short sleeve shirt. The shirt is plain black. He wears big black boots.
Character Personality: Doug enjoyed working with tech. He acts somewhat immature. Doug is a extremely good strategist. And thinks of strategies others wouldn't. He also isn't afraid to voice he opinions. This makes him a good friend to talk to.
Character Bio: Doug was born and raised on station 4;12;5. He was raised by his mother, his father was never in the picture. At a early age he showed a interest in technology. At the age of 19 he was accepted into the stations Cyber College. After he graduated he joined the stations "army", You know the one that is never used. He was accepted due to his expertise in Technology. He's been watching security cameras ever since waiting to get off this station.
Stats:
POWER: 10
-Physical Strength:3
-Mental Strength: 4
-Agility: 2
-Constitution: 1

INTELLECT: 15
-Machine Knowledge: 4
-Systems Knowledge: 4
-Biological Knowledge:4
-Perception: 3

CHARISMA:10
-Personality/Style:2
-Diplomacy: 2
-Animal Affinity: 5
-Shady Dealings: 1

SKILLS
-Piloting: 2
-Combat (Space): 1

ABILITIES:
The Red Wire Guy: When it comes to crippling a physical machine, this is your guy. Not only does he know over 22,000 shades of red, he knows which one is right. Bonus to any roll to disable a physical machine.
Space Slug-Whisperer: Animals love this guy, like leg-humping to the max kind of love. Any the initial mood of an animal to you is increased by one rank.

Discuss.

Sorry wizzquizz, no automatons.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Last edited by Deciton_Reven on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
I'm down
User name: Wizzquizz
Character Name: Doug (Doulas) James
Character Description: Doug is a big, tall, man, about 24 of age. he stands about 6'3, he's about 215lb but that's all muscle. He has broad shoulders. His brown hair is usually cut short, Although he almost always has a hat over it. He has brown eyes.
He wears blue jeans with a belt. He wears a short sleeve shirt. The shirt is plain black. He wears big black boots.
Character Personality: Doug enjoyed working with tech. He acts somewhat immature. Doug is a extremely good strategist. And thinks of strategies others wouldn't. He also isn't afraid to voice he opinions. This makes him a good friend to talk to.
Character Bio: Doug was born and raised on station 4;12;5. He was raised by his mother, his father was never in the picture. At a early age he showed a interest in technology. At the age of 19 he was accepted into the stations Cyber College. After he graduated he joined the stations "army", You know the one that is never used. He was accepted due to his expertise in Technology. He's been watching security cameras ever since waiting to get off this station.
Stats:
POWER: 10
-Physical Strength:3
-Mental Strength: 4
-Agility: 2
-Constitution: 1

INTELLECT: 15
-Machine Knowledge: 4
-Systems Knowledge: 4
-Biological Knowledge:4
-Perception: 3

CHARISMA:10
-Personality/Style:2
-Diplomacy: 2
-Animal Affinity: 5
-Shady Dealings: 1

SKILLS
-Piloting: 2
-Combat (Space): 1

Last edited by Wizzquizz on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am

Your Character's Personality needs work. Enjoying technology is about the only thing that even resembles personality. Your Bio covers the tech affinity, and your physical description covers your love for hats. You also forgot to include age in your physical description.

Acceptance pending on personality revision.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Curious, is this the final evolution of the steampunk scenario that you were constructing, or is that one still in the works?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 pm

No, I decided that the steampunk scenario would work better as a short story/novel. So it was put away for now. This is just a space RP with photons and unstable atoms and crap like that tech. (I wouldn't be surprised if steampunk tech was placed in it somewhere, though).

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Waifu: I'm married
can i make a tinpunk version of this
wherein all players are tin men

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 pm
YIM WWW

@KP: go ahead, i'd probably join it, we need a good space RP

@wizzquizz: saw your edit, good 'nuff. accepted
Also you have these two nifty abilities:

The Red Wire Guy: When it comes to crippling a physical machine, this is your guy. Not only does he know over 22,000 shades of red, he knows which one is right. Bonus to any roll to disable a physical machine.
Space Slug-Whisperer: Animals love this guy, like leg-humping to the max kind of love. Any the initial mood of an animal to you is increased by one rank.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 pm
Site Admin

lol I enjoy those abilities.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 pm
 [ 8 posts ]