The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:49 am

[ 7 posts ] 
The Girl who Leapt Through Time 

The girl who leapt through time is an anime movie which aired in 2006. Despite not being advertised as frequently as "Ged Senki: Tales from Earthsea" word of mouth began to spread. It was the second most popular movie at that period of time. The most popular was the Studio Ghibli film "Tales from Earthsea".

The plot is fairly simple. Girl finds out she has the power to travel back in time. She has fun with it and discovers other things about it too.
But, what makes this film stand out more than the rest is it's use of simple characters and designs as well as a lovely mix of events that just seem to make the viewers heart skip a beat.

As for my say on it, the ending was a slight disappointment. Although it was quite good compared to other anime endings *cough*CCS*cough*. Some sounds like crying were also pretty disappointing. Overall it was very good anyway.

Children - Geno

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:12 am
Site Admin

CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
The girl who leapt through time is an anime movie which aired in 2006. Despite not being advertised as frequently as "Ged Senki: Tales from Earthsea" word of mouth began to spread. It was the second most popular movie at that period of time. The most popular was the Studio Ghibli film "Tales from Earthsea".

The plot is fairly simple. Girl finds out she has the power to travel back in time. She has fun with it and discovers other things about it too.
But, what makes this film stand out more than the rest is it's use of simple characters and designs as well as a lovely mix of events that just seem to make the viewers heart skip a beat.

As for my say on it, the ending was a slight disappointment. Although it was quite good compared to other anime endings *cough*CCS*cough*. Some sounds like crying were also pretty disappointing. Overall it was very good anyway.

Kind of like one of those where you have to think about what might happen next ?
anyway I really did like the movie

( I never even seen either being advertised too much ... wasn't paying attention I guess Image )

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:56 am

Ray fletcher wrote:
CardCaptor Sakura wrote:

Kind of like one of those where you have to think about what might happen next ?
anyway I really did like the movie

( I never even seen either being advertised too much ... wasn't paying attention I guess )

Yes I guess. It makes you think a bit. The only reason I found this movie was on an anime blog and the blog made it seem sooo good, I just felt like I had to watch it.

Children - Geno

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:12 am

Currently Playing: The Game
I passed when a friend offered me a copy of Toki wo Kakeru Shojo.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:40 am

Thaiberium wrote:
I passed when a friend offered me a copy of Toki wo Kakeru Shojo.

D= Why'd you pass on it?

Children - Geno

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Dunno, maybe because I choose to watch something else?

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I've seen this movie when it was on my kadowakaanime subscription. It was a great movie. Its actual a sequel to a manga which explains why her aunt knows abount time leaping. Great and hilarious movie. I absolutely loved it and the art style because it was the same as digimon's.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 pm
 [ 7 posts ]