The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
blackking1700 wrote:
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
In Beta In Guessing 5 or 6 more characters?
- One In Dev Blogs
- One In A Direct Before Smash-Con
- Three At Smash-Con One Unlocked Day 1 (Others Unlocked Day 2 and 3 Like Demo 9A)
- And One When You Beat Classic Mode In Beta ( Like How Black Mage Was, They Cant Really Pass up that opportunity )

Who I Think Will Fit These Spots Are......

Dev Blogs (Pit)
Direct (Knuckles)
Smash Con (Ice Climbers (Day 1) ( Ryu (Day 2) (Other Newcomer? (Day 3)
Classic Mode ( SNAAAAAAAAKEEE!)

I like the idea, especially since this is the last demo before the full game. However I don't see those characters getting announced.

Dev Blog - Popular Choice Newcomer or Veteran
Direct - Veteran
Smash Con Day 1 - Popular Choice Newcomer and/or Veteran(or 2 PCN's or Vets)
Smash Con Day 2 - Veteran
Smash Con Day 3 - Outlandish Newcomer
Classic Con - Veteran

I think the roster will be between 50-60 characters. and we'll get 12-15 unlockable characters.

While I think this will not happen, but then again the Devs are very unpredictable, this is an awesome idea and I will give this one a shot...

Dev Blogs: Pit
Direct: Ice Climbers
Smash Con Day 1: King Dedede
Smash Con Day 2: Lucas
Smash Con Day 3: Pac-Man
Classic Mode: Diddy Kong or Knuckles

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:10 am

I'm not holding out too much hope for the roster...

All these fan games and Smash speculation in general seem to forget about Daisy...

She would be so cool with this outfit.

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Daisy would just be a Peach clone.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:42 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Reset Man wrote:

Though I doubt she would be a clone, I personally don't want her to be in the game. I think we have enough Mario characters, though I would welcome her addition wholeheartedly.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
In Beta In Guessing 5 or 6 more characters?
- One In Dev Blogs
- One In A Direct Before Smash-Con
- Three At Smash-Con One Unlocked Day 1 (Others Unlocked Day 2 and 3 Like Demo 9A)
- And One When You Beat Classic Mode In Beta ( Like How Black Mage Was, They Cant Really Pass up that opportunity )

Who I Think Will Fit These Spots Are......

Dev Blogs (Pit)
Direct (Knuckles)
Smash Con (Ice Climbers (Day 1) ( Ryu (Day 2) (Other Newcomer? (Day 3)
Classic Mode ( SNAAAAAAAAKEEE!)

My turn to give this a shot. I seriously doubt any character, much less 5-6, will be revealed in Beta, but anyway:

Dev Blogs: Pit (obvious choice)
Direct: Diddy Kong/Falco (one of them seems likely)
Smash Con Day 1: King Dedede (the only missing main Kirby rep)
Smash Con Day 2: Knuckles (he'll probably end up being the Sonic unlockable really)
Smash Con Day 3: Snake/Lucas (whichever one isn't revealed will end up as an unlockable)
Classic Mode: Daisy (realmemoryman hacked my account) Luffy/Waluigi (or anyone else that'll cause an uproar >:D )

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 am

Reset Man wrote:

That's what everyone THINKS, but if she was going to be a clone, she would have been in the real Smash games by now. A clone would take very little time and effort to make compared to fully unique characters.

Daisy has flower and crystal powers and sports equipment that she can use. Surely that's enough for a unique moveset?

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
^Boy.

Take a look back at all your past posts. Read each and every single one of them. Then, come back and tell me this:
What do you see? Whose name do you see? When do you see anything else that's different at all?

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:39 am

☻Danny☻ wrote:
^Boy.

Take a look back at all your past posts. Read each and every single one of them. Then, come back and tell me this:
What do you see? Whose name do you see? When do you see anything else that's different at all?

I am going to push for Daisy in SSF2, mostly to see what the devs would do with her!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:03 am

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Dev Blogs:
Direct:
Smash Con Day 1:
Smash Con Day 2:
Smash Con Day 3:
Classic Mode:

With Beta coming sometime this year, (Early Summer/Late Fall?), we should all use this template as we all speculate which other characters could be playable.

Use the template above to speculate any future characters who you all think will appear in Beta.

All credit goes to Mr. Xenosaga for making this template.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:07 am

realmemoryman3 wrote:
A clone would take very little time and effort to make compared to fully unique characters.

Daisy has flower and crystal powers and sports equipment that she can use. Surely that's enough for a unique moveset?

Never mind the fact that SSF2 requires hundreds upon hundreds of sprites to be made for each character. Add to that the fact that Luigi, the only confirmed clone in the game, has taken nine years to finally be added.

Also, these flower and crystal powers you keep bringing up are pretty much just the equivalent of Peach's hearts on up tilt, so no, not enough for a full moveset, sorry.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 am

Reset Man wrote:
realmemoryman3 wrote:
A clone would take very little time and effort to make compared to fully unique characters.

Never mind the fact that SSF2 requires hundreds upon hundreds of sprites to be made for each character. Add to that the fact that Luigi, the only confirmed clone in the game, has taken nine years to finally be added.

Also, these flower and crystal powers you keep bringing up are pretty much just the equivalent of Peach's hearts on up tilt, so no, not enough for a full moveset, sorry.

That's the best thing about it! Hundreds upon hundreds of sprites dedicated to Daisy! The fans who voted for her on the poll would love it!

And there's a LOT more you can do with flowers than with hearts.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:39 am

realmemoryman3 wrote:
Reset Man wrote:
realmemoryman3 wrote:

That's the best thing about it! Hundreds upon hundreds of sprites dedicated to Daisy! The fans who voted for her on the poll would love it!

And there's a LOT more you can do with flowers than with hearts.

No, that's the WORST part. Peach's resprite probably took months. To make Daisy, she would have to be in the same style. Yes, this would be fine if you could edit Peach, but that's not good enough for realmemoryman, is it? You heard him, devs, drop whatever you're doing and start making a whole new character from scratch because realmemoryman wants it.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:57 am

MGN Username: blackking1700
Realmemoryman, you can push for daisy all you want, but a this stage in development, no amount of pushing is gonna help her chances. The roster was finalized 3yrs ago, You could flood the forum with daisy fanart and requests and it still wouldn't do any good(might actually get you banned!). At this point your constant pushing for daisy is beginning to get annoying, you cant convince the people here who don't want her to want her, and the more you try, the more people begin to get irritated with the character. Luffy is a perfect example of this. Luffy has become the communities most popular running joke, and probably remain that way until he's added(if he's added). Making a case for a character is one thing, going back in forth with someone who has a valid point is another thing. I'll say it again, I don't want daisy, not because I think she'll be a clone(cause I don't), I think we have enough Mario characters, but if she was added I doubt the community would flip into a frenzy like they did with Chibi-Robo.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:02 pm

It's not JUST me who wants Daisy in SSF2. In the fan poll that the devs chose to ignore, she was by far the most requested character.

I don't mind waiting months, or even years, for Daisy to be playable in Super Smash Flash 2, or even a real Smash game. I'm just curious about how the devs would make a character like Daisy. Many people here just write her off as a Peach clone, but fans believe that she could stand out with her flower abilites and her tomboyish attitude.

This is not an official game, people aren't paying to play. It's non-profit. And usually non-profit games are much more open to fan feedback.

Characters like Daisy and Monkey D.Luffy should shine through, but as an attempt to mimic Nintendo, the devs seem closed about character choices. I thought this forum would be more transparent about these things. Guess not :(

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Waifu: Yume
realmemoryman3 wrote:
It's not JUST me who wants Daisy in SSF2. In the fan poll that the devs chose to ignore, she was by far the most requested character.

I don't mind waiting months, or even years, for Daisy to be playable in Super Smash Flash 2, or even a real Smash game. I'm just curious about how the devs would make a character like Daisy. Many people here just write her off as a Peach clone, but fans believe that she could stand out with her flower abilites and her tomboyish attitude.

This is not an official game, people aren't paying to play. It's non-profit. And usually non-profit games are much more open to fan feedback.

Characters like Daisy and Monkey D.Luffy should shine through, but as an attempt to mimic Nintendo, the devs seem closed about character choices. I thought this forum would be more transparent about these things. Guess not :(

"mimic nintendo"
It's based off a nintendo series bud. Not only that but they've added plenty of characters that are unofficial, the roster is set in stone because its THEIR GAME they've finalised what THEY WANT in THEIR GAME. If they took every fans wants for characters into consideration, the project would never be done.

Quit trying to rationalize your s*** posting with s*** reasoning, no one is taking you seriously at this point and you're not showing them any reason to, I think literally every single one of your posts is about daisy. It's getting old.

Back to speculating please.

I hope that if Ganon gets in he has a unique moveset, it'd be fun to see what they could come up with.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 189  Next