The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:52 pm

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
9/11 WAS NOT A CONSPIRACY 

Waifu: You!
Do our governments kill countless amounts of our civillians?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:03 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Kittenpuncher wrote:
I didn't say everyone in the middle east did it, I was just making the point that it was a much bigger deal there.

Also, it's not as if we let it go when Pmc's kill innocents, it's murder and that's how they're charged.
When a leader brings up "DA COUNTLESS SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS MAKES THEM HATE US LAWL," It's a political move.
It doesn't happen nearly enough for the population to really hold a grudge over.
After all, their own government killed countless civilians.

You realise that PMCs are currently exempt from all laws in Iraq and the US? That is, they are not held accountable for their actions by Iraqi law nor US law. They basically get away with murder. If you think people aren't pissed about that, I wonder how Fallujah got started.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:33 am
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Thaiberium wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:
I didn't say everyone in the middle east did it, I was just making the point that it was a much bigger deal there.

Also, it's not as if we let it go when Pmc's kill innocents, it's murder and that's how they're charged.
When a leader brings up "DA COUNTLESS SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS MAKES THEM HATE US LAWL," It's a political move.
It doesn't happen nearly enough for the population to really hold a grudge over.
After all, their own government killed countless civilians.

You realise that PMCs are currently exempt from all laws in Iraq and the US? That is, they are not held accountable for their actions by Iraqi law nor US law. They basically get away with murder. If you think people aren't pissed about that, I wonder how Fallujah got started.

Now that's what I'm against, in this whole debate. I'm not going to pretend too much about the subject at hand, though, because I'm living in blissful ignorance of this matter, really.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:38 am

Quote:
On June 27th 2004, the day before [Paul] Bremer skulked out of Baghdad, he issued a decree known as Order 17. This directive granted sweeping immunity to private contractors working for the United States in Iraq, effectively barring the Iraqi government from persecuting contractor crimes in domestic courts.

Jeremy Scahill, Blackwater, p 15

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:59 am

Waifu: I'm married
It's pretty plain to see why they did that, they don't want the Iraqi government starting controversy over something a clearly untrustworthy idiot does, and that doesn't mean they can't be charged back in America/When this is over.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:00 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
It's pretty plain to see why they did that, they don't want the Iraqi government starting controversy over something a clearly untrustworthy idiot does, and that doesn't mean they can't be charged back in America/When this is over.

Right, because there will be evidence of their crime by the time the feds arrive.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm

If you think CNN lets anyone forget what the Obamasiah wants us to believe, you've never seen American leftist news.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:59 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
If you think CNN lets anyone forget what the Obamasiah wants us to believe, you've never seen American leftist news.

Obamasiah is currently talking about the PMC problem now is he?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
(ITT: TerminX makes a topic that becomes Logical Discussion)

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:

Obama is, as usual, talking about how everything we do in Iraq is pointless slaughter.
His solution?
WE SHOULD GO 2 A DIFFERENT COUNTRY AND SIT THAR, JUST LIKE IRAQ EVEN THO I SAID I'D END EVERY WAR EVER AND BRING PEACE AND CHANGE AND HOPE etc.

The best part? His slaves don't even remember that he promised an end.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:18 pm
YIM WWW

Location: Boston Sex: All the time Underwear: Boxers Squirtle: F&@! yeah!
Kittenpuncher wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:

Obama is, as usual, talking about how everything we do in Iraq is pointless slaughter.
His solution?
WE SHOULD GO 2 A DIFFERENT COUNTRY AND SIT THAR, JUST LIKE IRAQ EVEN THO I SAID I'D END EVERY WAR EVER AND BRING PEACE AND CHANGE AND HOPE etc.

The best part? His slaves don't even remember that he promised an end.

First off, Obama pledged a focus on Afghanistan as far back as early 2006. His disinterest in Iraq had always been apparent. Obama never called for peace, but rather he called for the iraqi government to take control of the war and for the US to move to Afghanistan. As for him supposedly demonizing the iraqi war, you're dead wrong. Obama's disinterest in iraq is because there is no reason to be there. He's never defamed anyone but the terrorists in iraq but he also knows that billions of dollars were going to waste in a war the iraqis could handle themself.

Seriously, punchybabe, stop watching faux news.

I had to take out my mains for this. Enough reason for cleod NOT to go back on his word.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:57 am

So you're saying that Obama lied in his commercials when he said he wanted full withdrawal from the middle east? Or are you saying he has been constantly switching claims for different situations? Either way, it proves my point.

And you should be more open-minded: Fox news covers both sides of the story, while CNN and whatnot block out opposing arguments.
The news itself on Fox simply tells what happened. It's the talk shows/whatever you want to call them that're biased.
Even though I dislike them, they can at least back up they're arguments. CNN and such rarely ever do, and even then it can normally be dismissed easily. In fact, most other news station's throw out the same kind of childish accusations as Fox, except instead of being actually based off of something, they look like something an extremely ignorant person would say.
Keep in mind that I do most of my political-learnings and such on my own, and I think that all politicians are trash.
The thing that confuses me is why you'd cling to Obama like this. If I were to pick a random political figure's name out of a hat, there's a 99% chance that he/she is messed up in some way. It's usually obvious, too.
The same is true for Obama. In fact, he's on of the most obviously "messed-up (for lack of a better term)" politicians I've ever seen.

Why does a person like yourself, with an at-least ample mind, cling to him like the millions of mindless sheep out there?
I don't see a reason to.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am
YIM WWW

It's a partial conspiracy. Bush lucked out and a terrorist group happened to destroy something. Then he called them Al Queda, his copyrighted name, and they took to it, followed by 8 long years in the middle east. None of the twin towers s*** was set up. There were no missles or bombs planted in advance. Those are for idiots.

Oh, and by the way,

Style [Stayl] (n) - One's unique and personal method of defacing a perfectly good piece of paper.

READ THIS: http://ipgd.freehostia.com/copypasta.html

Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 am

Location: Boston Sex: All the time Underwear: Boxers Squirtle: F&@! yeah!
Kittenpuncher wrote:
So you're saying that Obama lied in his commercials when he said he wanted full withdrawal from the middle east? Or are you saying he has been constantly switching claims for different situations? Either way, it proves my point.

And you should be more open-minded: Fox news covers both sides of the story, while CNN and whatnot block out opposing arguments.
The news itself on Fox simply tells what happened. It's the talk shows/whatever you want to call them that're biased.
Even though I dislike them, they can at least back up they're arguments. CNN and such rarely ever do, and even then it can normally be dismissed easily. In fact, most other news station's throw out the same kind of childish accusations as Fox, except instead of being actually based off of something, they look like something an extremely ignorant person would say.
Keep in mind that I do most of my political-learnings and such on my own, and I think that all politicians are trash.
The thing that confuses me is why you'd cling to Obama like this. If I were to pick a random political figure's name out of a hat, there's a 99% chance that he/she is messed up in some way. It's usually obvious, too.
The same is true for Obama. In fact, he's on of the most obviously "messed-up (for lack of a better term)" politicians I've ever seen.

Why does a person like yourself, with an at-least ample mind, cling to him like the millions of mindless sheep out there?
I don't see a reason to.

First of all, Obama has always pledged a 16 month time table, clearly its going to take longer to get EVERYONE out of the middle east but the soldiers will be out by the end of next year. Secondly, Faux news is in no way trust worthy. There is factual proof that the head executive (or CEO or something) pays the news anchors and correspondents to be biased. They get papers stating "Talk about this, this, and this. Your position is this". For f*** sake, they officially endorsed McCain for the presidential election. CNN didn't even come close to doing that.

CNN has Loudobbs to take the side of the right, I hate that show because it's horribly biased to the right but it gives you insight on what people on the right are thinking. Everyone other show on CNN though is completely and utterly unbiased. They just tell the news, If obama gives a speech they show it, say what they predict he'll do and how people will react and then move on. Fox news on the other hand would talk about how Obama is likely to be lying, and how "Americans" are getting tired of s*** and so forth. Do you not remember when that reporter from fox news downright yelled at Joe biden? Reporters don't yell or atleast they aren't supposed to.

Now as for me being a "sheep", let me tell you. I've liked Obama since the primaries. You may think its because of the fact I'm black, and he's black so i clicked automatically, but thats not the case. Rather Most of the Black vote was for Hillary at the time, nobody black believed in Obama. Obama's views on things are very articulate though, he's logical, he sees things for what they are and tries to do the right thing. Most president's and other government officials do the fiscally beneficial thing, but Obama does the RIGHT thing. He knows that the war in Iraq is useless, a waste of money, and should be stopped. So he stopped it. He knew that the prisoners in Gitmo were being mistreated and no being treated humanely so he put and end to it. He knew that we needed to fix health care the right way, not make it so insurance companies help out the unfortunate for profit, but rather have the government help out the unfortunate for the sake of helping them out. Republicans seem to think that if we invest in the rich people, who will manipulate the poor and seep more money out of them, things will get better. That won't happen, everyone will be poorer than before and the economy will collapse. Obama and the league of democrats (should be a comic) are trying to put forward plans that would invest in the working and middle class so they would inevitably consume and put more money in the economy.

Things won't fail, we've tried the alternative "free market" way of doing things and that failed repeatedly. Reagen didn't fix s***, nor did bush. Obama may or may not fix a thing but I feel that his strategy is the right strategy to take right now though obviously I know its never certain that things may turn out well. Nobody knows if things will turn out well.

I had to take out my mains for this. Enough reason for cleod NOT to go back on his word.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Phratt wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:

I don't see a reason to.

First of all, Obama has always pledged a 16 month time table, clearly its going to take longer to get EVERYONE out of the middle east but the soldiers will be out by the end of next year. Secondly, Faux news is in no way trust worthy. There is factual proof that the head executive (or CEO or something) pays the news anchors and correspondents to be biased. They get papers stating "Talk about this, this, and this. Your position is this". For f*** sake, they officially endorsed McCain for the presidential election. CNN didn't even come close to doing that.

CNN has Loudobbs to take the side of the right, I hate that show because it's horribly biased to the right but it gives you insight on what people on the right are thinking. Everyone other show on CNN though is completely and utterly unbiased. They just tell the news, If obama gives a speech they show it, say what they predict he'll do and how people will react and then move on. Fox news on the other hand would talk about how Obama is likely to be lying, and how "Americans" are getting tired of s*** and so forth. Do you not remember when that reporter from fox news downright yelled at Joe biden? Reporters don't yell or atleast they aren't supposed to.

Now as for me being a "sheep", let me tell you. I've liked Obama since the primaries. You may think its because of the fact I'm black, and he's black so i clicked automatically, but thats not the case. Rather Most of the Black vote was for Hillary at the time, nobody black believed in Obama. Obama's views on things are very articulate though, he's logical, he sees things for what they are and tries to do the right thing. Most president's and other government officials do the fiscally beneficial thing, but Obama does the RIGHT thing. He knows that the war in Iraq is useless, a waste of money, and should be stopped. So he stopped it. He knew that the prisoners in Gitmo were being mistreated and no being treated humanely so he put and end to it. He knew that we needed to fix health care the right way, not make it so insurance companies help out the unfortunate for profit, but rather have the government help out the unfortunate for the sake of helping them out. Republicans seem to think that if we invest in the rich people, who will manipulate the poor and seep more money out of them, things will get better. That won't happen, everyone will be poorer than before and the economy will collapse. Obama and the league of democrats (should be a comic) are trying to put forward plans that would invest in the working and middle class so they would inevitably consume and put more money in the economy.

Things won't fail, we've tried the alternative "free market" way of doing things and that failed repeatedly. Reagen didn't fix s***, nor did bush. Obama may or may not fix a thing but I feel that his strategy is the right strategy to take right now though obviously I know its never certain that things may turn out well. Nobody knows if things will turn out well.

CNN is completely biased; they refuse to show things that may hurt Obama's public opinion. They didn't "cover" the protesting, they showed a quick sound bite of it, and didn't even bother to explain the logic behind it.
Also, CNN is run by a company, GE, which was both a public and financial supporter of Obama. It's also receiving some of the largest amounts of money from Obama's "stimulus."
That means that Obama is literally paying CNN to back him up. He's just using our wallets.
Which brings me to the next subject.
Obama hasn't even attempted to help the small-business. Everything on that stimulus is aimed at big business, and he stubbornly refuses to change it.

He's trying to tax the middle class, so he can pay the huge businesses that he claimed to oppose. Or rather, the ones who paid for his campaign.

Not only are taxes proven to only make the economy worse, but he also promised CUTS for 95% of Americans.

And don't even get me started about leftist reporters.
Remember that b**** that screamed that all of the protesters were racist trash? There wasn't even any real reason to think that.
It was the most blatantly obvious and childish attempt to label people that I've ever seen.

Also, explain the logic behind Gitmo's closure. If people were being mistreated their, why don't they just fire the offenders/press charges? Probably because he can't offer any evidence that there's even a problem. How come Obama, as you said, knew about this? Despite the fact that everyone thinks he's the second coming of Jesus, you can't honestly think that he, along with all of his buddies magically knew this when nobody else did.
Even so, there's no reason to close it.

And you really think the government would use a monopoly on health care to genuinely try to help people? No, they'd use it for profit.

Once again, how come Obama magically knew that his plan would work, even though both history and experts say that it would worsen health care? It all leads back to one thing: personal gain.

Also, can you actually prove that Obama "knows" these things? Can you show that he's different than every other politician, meaning that he's not in it for personal profit?

For one thing, free market isn't the alternative. It's the #1 key to a successful economy.
For another thing, If your big government (Communism) worked, Soviet Russia would be the richest, most powerful nation ever.
If Free Market didn't work, not only would America not be a world superpower, but most modern countries would be trash.
Also, Free market encourages the world's most efficient flow of culture and ideas. This is why since free market was first widely utilised, Humanity has had the largest amount of progress in history, and in every direction, bar none.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:37 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next