The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am

[ 2 posts ] 
Drarky's Application 

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Name (aka Handle):
Drarky
How old are you?:
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
I tend to use a variety of chars that I enjoy. But right now, I co-main Black Mage and Chibi Robo, both of them for similar reasons: I tend to be a character loyalist. I like to use characters from games that I want to represent, with Black Mage being the one that shows my love for JRPGs in general, and my newfound love for the Chibi-Robo games in the GC. Besides, Chibi is cute and that's a positive
How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
I played 64 in my childhood since I was 10. Never took it too seriously but just for pure fun. I skipped Melee and jumped to Brawl instantly, where I started taking the game more competitively. In the short time I had in competitive Brawl, I played both Ness and Marth.
After that, I stopped playing Smash for a while, until Smash 4 came out, game that I still play to this day. I gave Melee a chance but since I have very few instances where I can play it, I cannot say that I'm a competent player. I play Smash 4 with both Mega Man and Roy, and Melee with Pichu and the ICs
Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
I have attended many tournaments from different games, but mostly Smash 4 tournaments. In Melee, I've played in two tournaments (a national and a local) with different results (Couldn't win a single game in the national, and reached top 8 in the local). In Brawl I never got results because of my lack of knowledge, and in Smash 4, I've had a variety of results, including some victories in weeklies/locals, and a fourth place in a national.
When did you start playing SSF2?
I knew about the game since 0.2, but I started actively playing in 0.7, when BM came out.
What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
In a competitive enviroment, Tower of Salvation is my favorite stage since it's layout is very useful to me. But in general, Lunar Core takes the title thanks to the amazing music and a layout that I really like.
Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
For me, it's a tie between Zelda and Meta Knight. The versatility of Meta Knight combined with some very good movement and a extremely good recovery, the character can be extremely overwhelming even if you know what you must do.
On the other hand, Zelda is a extremely risky character to play against, just because how volatile she is. Her reward for landing hits is extremely strong and her kill power it's super high. And there's also the fact that you have another option in the form of Sheik (another good character) in case you struggle against a bad match up.
I couldn't determine which one of the two is better right now, since Meta Knight players are rare, but I think it'll be MK.
Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
Wario. When it comes down to low tiers, I tend to watch their weaknesses before it's strenghts, so every time I see a strenght, I can question myself "does this redeems the character weaknesses?". With Wario, I can easily say no. With a horrible neutral game and range, lack of kill options outside of a move that takes more than one minute to charge fully, and a terrible grab range, it's just impossible for me to see any other character being worse. I will give that it's combo game is amazing though, but if you can't get those combos going, rip.
If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
Only one change... Probably remove DK's UpB armor, since it promotes a gameplan that is pretty insulting for the opponent (UpB armor abuse/spamming), and while DK as a whole is not the best character, I feel like it's the easiest to just pick up and play, and losing to a random DK because of things like that feels horrible for players that take their time in practicing.
What is your view on items in competitive play?
I like items, but they don't mix-up well with competitive. Some items are too polarizing like the Smash Ball, and combined with the fact that they appear randomly, it makes them too chaotic to be used in competitive play, since a lot of players would just hope for the better item.
Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
I have Skype.
Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.
At the end of the day, I just wanna know more of this game, and help it as much as possible. I love SSF2 to death and I really wanna see it growth, both as a community and as a competitive game. I wanna contribute with whatever I have to it.

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)
I don't really have a lot of extra information. I labbed some moves that people ask me questions, and from time to time, post whatever discovery I find in the BM character topic. I had some videos before, but I deleted them since they felt irrelevant.

ImageImageImageImage

Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:01 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Congratulations. As you already know, you have been accepted into the BR.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:48 pm
 [ 2 posts ]