The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm

[ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
Glitch's sprite gallery (Something larger than 10 pixels) 

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
I saw luigimanman at the first page of this thread I can help animate it better. do you want me to help?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am

luckycrime wrote:
I saw luigimanman at the first page of this thread I can help animate it better. do you want me to help?

Luigimanman was my old name... other than that i dont understand at all what you're asking.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Glitch wrote:
luckycrime wrote:

Luigimanman was my old name... other than that i dont understand at all what you're asking.

I misread something I really meant "hit and send flying pose" the sprites for that.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Oh, my old glitch sprites on page one? Those are ancient. Like years old, I've updated his sprites plenty since. And he's my OC, so I'd rather like to do the work on him pretty much by myself, aside from criticism and whatnot.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, my computer won't turn on at all now, so the only access i have to paint is with the family laptop, meaning any already slow productions of spriting I've been doing will be even slower. It may come to a screeching halt for the time being, so just in case I'll leave some more concept things ive been working with. I was screwing around with some random junk and made like a claw-esque thingy, turned into like. claws. and then i gave it a bear arm. And then i got the idea that i could possibly use this type of design for Glitch in the future, so any opinions on that? Im thinking that im going to have to change the color of his beam swords since the shading is always barely visible when red and of that shade.
Dont focus so much on the bear army thingy, I already noticed plenty of problems with things and whatnot, i just want people opinions on the concept of the claw like swords. Thatd be great, thanks.

Thu May 26, 2011 4:37 pm

So I finally got around to making something that requires some effort. Previously I was working on trying to make my animations more fluid, and now I think I should also actually make my sprites look good. Or at least decent.
This was in no way meant to be a creative character, just something to practice with. That being said, what do you think?
C+C? How was my shading, color palette choice, colors in general...? Any questions?
Also, I wanted to put the claw sword things onto a sprite to see if it looked good. how do they look?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:03 pm

well it looks good generally but that hand claw looks funny. maybe if you fix the lining and added a better shading it might look better.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:44 pm

That told me nothing.
What makes the claw look funny? If you told me, I could fix it.
Lining? Do you mean outline? As you can see, I don't have an outline for the most part.
Do you mean line art? If so, what's the problem here? Is my anatomy wrong? Does something look unnatural?
Add better shading? Firstly, this implies that I must add shading that isn't there, when there is shading. Saying fix shading would be better, but that still doesn't tell me what's wrong. Do I have problems with my light source? Am I just shading unrealistically for the materials? Is the problem with my palette choice or contrasts maybe?
Tell me where the problem is. From what you've said, all I understand is that the claws look funny, which could mean many things, and that I could improve my shading and perhaps line art in some unspecified way...

EDIT: Also, could you explain if the shading and "lining" problems lie only in the claws, or if they are throughout the whole sprite? From what you said, it is difficult to tell what you mean.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Glitch wrote:
That told me nothing.
What makes the claw look funny? If you told me, I could fix it.
Lining? Do you mean outline? As you can see, I don't have an outline for the most part.
Do you mean line art? If so, what's the problem here? Is my anatomy wrong? Does something look unnatural?
Add better shading? Firstly, this implies that I must add shading that isn't there, when there is shading. Saying fix shading would be better, but that still doesn't tell me what's wrong. Do I have problems with my light source? Am I just shading unrealistically for the materials? Is the problem with my palette choice or contrasts maybe?
Tell me where the problem is. From what you've said, all I understand is that the claws look funny, which could mean many things, and that I could improve my shading and perhaps line art in some unspecified way...

EDIT: Also, could you explain if the shading and "lining" problems lie only in the claws, or if they are throughout the whole sprite? From what you said, it is difficult to tell what you mean.

maybe the color around the middle of the claw should be darker so I know there are two seperate pieces. I had to zoom in to think it wasn't something like baraka knife weapon (mortal kombat series). the claw doesn't even look attach (up close) fix where the claw start from his arm to look like it wasn't just copy and pasted there. the blades seem a little bend outta shape but I don't really care if you think I'm going to care your SOL. these are my complaints fix them: if can't too bad: if you can good luck

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:29 am

Thank you for specifying, but you don't have to talk like I'm your slave. You end up looking like a dick. First you say you don't care, well I'm not fixing this for you, sir, I'm fixing it for me. Don't go saying well if you can't fix your s*** that's too bad. That being said, I do think I've fixed the claw problem.
I put one claw on either side of his arm guards. Here's him with no claws, and with the claws in two different positions. I think I like the first better, but I'm not sure which way looks better.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 pm

any advice giving by this user will make your sprites worst. this user suggest anyone to take advice from devs/ pixelboy/ and anyone that make's better stuff than you. this is spam it will be deleted.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:10 pm

It doesn't matter where the criticism comes from if it's accurate. You don't have to be able to sprite to be able to tell whats wrong with it.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
luckycrime wrote:
any advice giving by this user will make your sprites worst. this user suggest anyone to take advice from devs/ pixelboy/ and anyone that make's better stuff than you. this is spam it will be deleted.

Did you really just do that... :/

Quit talking like a F$#&%n Computer.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 pm

So, I was bored, and tinkering around just drawing some lines in paint, and ended up with this.
It may not be a great piece of art, but I like how it looks at the moment, and think it's inspired me to attempt a Glitch PA. Perhaps. What do you people think?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I'm not... 100% sure... what it is?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 am
 [ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next