The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:58 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
OOC: Was waiting for LG's response but I don't want to keep that group waiting.

Johnathan quickly reached out with both arms and yanked Logan out of the magnet's path. "Excuse me, we're trying to help you." He didn't think the ghost actually wanted to be walking magnet... right? "We're trying to give you a peaceful leaving. The alternative would be much more painful." Apparently, disciples in his Arte we're good with words, now to put them to the test.

---

Lloyd immediately sidestepped and watched as the wave passed by, feeling the sheer force it was exerting. Any later and he would've been disintegrated. Before Grayson could reply, Lloyd interrupted. No more point in hiding. "So what are these so called 'endeavors'?" He over dramatically emerged onto the stage inadvertently, as if he were in a play. His tone was more demanding rather than questioningly. "Do you think is all just a game?"

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Daniel watched the old woman as she worked. Many strange ingredients were added, from various jars and containers. He felt as if he should be taking notes. Finally she added something that seemed to speak. "We are more natural than even the most green of the green magi, we do not call upon otherworldly to forces to work for us, we work with magic to make things happen," she said. Daniel nodded his head in agreement, as this too was a fascinating form of magic. Ashley and Ms. Ignianus were still a mystery to him, but the things that they taught him had a hold on his imagination.

Suddenly, Ms. Ignianus called him to follow her. Excited, he poured some of the potion into the travel cauldron and followed Ignianus up the steps.

Alice was surprised at how competent the holy man seemed to be. "You should share some of that oil with my pupils!" She said, gesturing to Tsubaki and Evelyn. Meanwhile, the spell was beginning to take hold. A swirling vortex of wind surrounded her and kept the demons from getting to close. With this, she could take down the demons at her leisure. She used her staff to hit demons left and right, using a simple pattern to keep the spell going at the same time. "Tsubaki! Evelyn!" She shouted over the gale. "Run over here! We will establish a perimeter!"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:23 pm
YIM WWW

Lacking the offensive capabilities of anyone else. Tsubaki, to this point, had been holding off a breach using Arx. Most of the possessed had decided to pursue other avenues of entry into the building, but one had stayed behind, presumably to signal when the sigil wavered or failed, and as it did the shell began to taunt Tsubaki.

"You will die little girl. There is no time for you to draw another of your pathetic drawings. When you shield fails I will be on you in a second, and in two, I will be swallowing your throat!"

It was probably right. Then again Tsubaki already knew she wasn't going to draw another sigil, at least not right away, she had to fight back in some way.

Arx fell away. Little glass beads full of water flew from Tsubaki's hand, catching the husk in the face, causing it to rear back in pain or fear. Ligure flew out and caught it a second later. In two, Tsubaki had attached one of her crude ofuda charms to it's head. Tsubaki really hoped this worked.

Clapping her hands together, she did what she had learned to do for her sigils. "RELEASE!" She poured her spirit into a word to give it meaning.

---

"Our weapons what?" Derrek was pretty sure that the way everyone's weapons worked right now that a magnet was hardly a threat. "Are you saying kill it? Can we do that? Kill a ghost? One that can maybe just knock our weapons away?" He was only pretty sure after all.

If things did go bad he wanted a place to take shelter. He did a double take of the scrap yard. Maybe there was an old wood desk or table still mostly intact nearby?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian stared at the man with interest as he spilled his answers. It was a bit difficult to believe what he heard though he knew not to shrug it off. He wasn't entirely sure what to do either, the man was panicking and he had no experience with calming anyone down. It wasn't long either before he heard some action in the other room and if he recalled correctly, Lloyd and his griffin were in the other room facing the other man. The best he could do was help him and thus he set off, becoming invisible just before entering the concert hall.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm
Site Admin

Logan was yanked out of the path of the magnet just in time as Johnathan saved his peer.

"You're right" mused Li, as the loud humming of the giant magnet could be heard as it next swung over to them, "Our weapons may be summoned through magic, but they are still physical weapons of iron and steel. They'd probably have little effect on the spirit, if he has a particular affinity for magnetism"

As Derrek scanned the various piles of scrap for anything made of something other than metal, he saw an old wooden desk resting on a pile behind the spirit as it hovered ominously before them. Li, in the meantime had quickly run up another pile of scrap towards the ghost with a sheet of paper with its letters glowing with the energy of The Flow.

"Now!" he exclaimed while jumping towards the spirit, who had been distracted by Johnny as he tried to make peace with the ghost. The tag was placed on the very forehead of the ghost, and suddenly everything grew quiet in the scrap yard, as the old ghost's eyes widened in shock. All the floating metal that had orbited around the ghost, began to fall around them, and the ghost itself fell to the ground in a great cloud of smoke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demon began to scream violently as soon as Tsubaki shouted "Release". It fell to the ground with its eyes wide opened as if it were in a daze or a trance.

Evelyn, in the meanwhile, had managed to fight her way towards Tsubaki. "Come on," she said while panting, this was more than she had ever fought in her life. Never in her dreams had she thought that she would have had to fight an entire neighbourhood of demons. Nevertheless, she led the girl towards the protective ward that Alice had set up. There, she had the opportunity to momentarily catch her breath before speaking further.

"Tsubaki, I sensed your exorcism earlier," she said calmly, "While it did not exorcise the demon, it did knock it out cold. You and I are the best exorcists of the team, if we allow Dom and Alice to protect us while we do the exorcising, we'll be able to knock more of them out."

Dom floated down into their circle fluidly, it was quite apparent that he had learned a lot about his powers since the last time that they had seen him.

"Alright, Tsubaki, you stick with Alice, while I work with Dom, ok?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were quite the odd pair, the boy with his pot, and the witch with her staff as the hurried through the streets at a pace that Daniel didn't even know Ms. Ignianus was capable of.

"Come boy!" she exclaimed as they turned a corner, and there before them stood what looked like a translucent wall of golden energy stretching upwards and over the street, like a dome. If anything, Daniel was probably most surprised that he hadn't sensed this massive feat of power. Whoever had done it, was very powerful.

She placed her hand on the energy field, and tapped her staff on it once or twice. She smiled. "Quite interesting indeed. Let's see if you're still in their graces, greeny. Place both your hands on the energy field and say your name"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jinn was completely unaware of Damian's presence, hidden by his abilities of invisibility. He could hear everything that they talked about in the concert hall.

"A game" replied Abbud threateningly "I do not take my conquest of this land as a mere game. Especially if you devil children are running about within it." He conjured a ball of fire in his hand "Unless of course, you would join my army. I believe that you and your griffin shall make a grand general"

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Alice nodded to Tsubaki and Evelyn while striking a demon that was attempting to reach through the gale. "Welcome to the circle," she said lightheartedly. "What I want you to do is prepare one of your exorcism sigils from the safety of my ward. When it's ready, just reach out and tag a demon with it. Sounds simple enough right? With this method we can be rid of the demons within a few hours, most likely." She looked around wistfully. "I wonder what Ms. Rachel's off doing. If this isn't a big enough deal for her to stick around, there must be something very serious happening. I can't stand dealing with these small fry all the time!" At least she had experienced exorcists in her little squad. She'd been stuck without them before, and had to fight and exorcise demons at the same time. She couldn't do it with just a sigil or anything like that, so it took time for her to work the demons out. Having Tsubaki and Evelyn was a godsend.
Increasing the intensity of the wind, she waved Tsubaki over. "See that one? I just hit it, and it seems to be staggering. Aim for that one first."

Daniel hurried after the witch until they reached the dome. He panted and wheezed but was still astounded. It was so colorful, glistening in the evening air like a beacon. The wonders of magic never seemed to run out. "How did they hide this in the middle of town? Magic?" He shrugged and placed his hands on the field. "Daniel," He said quietly.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:40 pm
YIM WWW

Logan dispelled his armor and brushed himself off nonchalantly.
"So… did we we get him?"

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am
Site Moderator

"You should probably go help Lloyd." Maximilian nodded his head towards Lotus. "I'll finish up here and follow after shortly." He quickly turned his attention back to the man on the floor

"And as for you, do you remember anything about the man you made that deal with?" Maximilian approached the broken 'actor' cautiously. "Do you remember what he looked like? was there any key things about his appearance that seemed off? and what kind of 'crazy' things started happening to you?" He wasn't sure whether or not he should trust the actor's word, he didn't seem very stable... At the same time though he was the only lead.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Jonathan shuffled around idly, watching Li deal with the demon. At least he played a role and helped save Logan. He'd known that he couldn't summon his weapons because of the ghost, but he'd figured Like would find out sooner or later. Soon, the ghost disappeared in smoke. After a couple of minutes of awkwardly standing there he spoke. "Yeah, are we done?"

---

Lloyd eyed the jinn incredulously. He sensed Damian's energy but apparently the jinn hadn't. Or couldn't. "Oh really, what would I be in charge of? A bunch of other jinn like you?" He'd figured he would try and stall him long enough for the rest of the group to find whatever the jinn was bound to and destroy it so they wouldn't have to fight it. Not that he was incapable of fighting it alone, but why should they when they didn't have to? His plan was now in effect. Lloyd hoped the rest of the group would catch on and sense it was still here.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Idelia chuckled as the ignorant demons surrounded her. She was to heightened by the flames. She watched as the flames spread on the grass and began to burn brightly and furiously. Id stood in the middle of the beings and chuckled as the fire roads ed towards them. "I'm not afraid of holy fire to me it burns just like that of a regular. But you, oh how it would burn the pure essence of your pathetic lives." Idelia to a deep swig from her flask of vodka. She enjoyed the way it burned on the ay down, it reminded her of fire. She looked up to see the most beautiful thing in the world. It was a smooth round, and white image of fuel. She immediately wanted to go and grab the can of propane. There was only one weak thing in her way, a demonic soul. She decided on a quick course of action. She raised her hand. "EGO!" there was a bright flash as something smashed it the demons face. Idelia followed the flash by a massive blow to it's torso. It fell to the ground. Idelia then used it as a way to get to the propane tank. One she held the idol in her hand she began to run towards the group. She a a rather explosive plan in mind.

Lotus silently walked into the room where everyone else was. She listened to the jinn's rant. Without a second thought lotus, blowing her cover shouted "I like the idea of being a general!" she was raised and taught that general should always be shown the up most respect. She loved the idea of everyone in the club finally showing respect to her.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Fortunately for Damian, the Jinn had noticed nothing. This gave Damian the freedom to search for that godforsaken kettle. As he shut his eyes, he focused intensely and tried to feel something even resembling one in the vicinity. He was then interrupted by Lotus and for the briefest moment he considered loosing a bolt at her. Rather than waste his time on that, he returned to his objective.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 pm
Site Admin

As Daniel spoke his name, the entire energy field rippled like water, within that second, Ms. Ignianus shoved Daniel through the force field before it resumed its original appearance. The neighbourhood seemed completely empty, it was quite eerie, and if Daniel were to use his omnivident senses he would be able to feel a very malevolent presence enveloping the vicinity.

Just as Ms. Ignianus began to walk down one of the streets, they suddenly heard a hissing sound from behind them. Turning around, they saw a clearly disturbed old woman, she crawled on her hands and feet with her head twisted unnaturally, hissing at them once again, as she saw that she had attracted their attention. Just as quickly, she bent herself upright and began sprinting at Ms. Ignianus and Daniel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the smoke and debris cleared, they could see that there was a slight blue glow, identical to that of Li's powers over the flow. Li lay on the ground unconscious, slightly glowing with energy, and the ghost was nowhere to be seen. All was quiet in the scrap yard, until from behind Logan the ghost came flying with its hands outstretched grasping onto the boy. Immediately he began to feel a very strong freezing sensation overcoming his body.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man's eyes rolled about like a frightened horse, and he hopped from one foot to the next anxiously. "He was dressed in a business suit and he had slicked back hair and...a briefcase, yes a briefcase" replied the man to Maximilian, "I started to hear howling, the worst howling that I have ever heard in my life, and one day I saw something...or I didn't....I don't know...I couldn't see anything...but something was tearing up my yard and ripped through my fence....and all the howling!!!"

That's when Maximilian began to hear the howling as well, a low grumbling, pained, howl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jinn looked over at Lotus, with a suspicious nod, though he waved his hand casually in her direction "You may serve as one of my generals, girl, though first I must deal with your...friends," it then returned its attention to the Lloyd, "What have I need of other jinn?" spoke Abbud with a laugh "I would be in charge of this land, and all its people would serve me as my servants"

"My offer still stands, boy, will you join my army?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Damian expanded his senses, he could feel the energy of the kettle. It seemed to be eminating from behind the Jinn, though much farther, as if there were more rooms in the back of the stage that needed to be explored.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn watched as Id approached, she was still quite skeptical of the girl, but there was nothing she could do about it. They were in the midst of a great battle, and she had to keep her attention focused on the task at hand.

As Dom directed currents of air blasting at the demons that ventured too close the perimeter, Evelyn took her crucifix and placed on the demon while reciting quick exorcisms. The demons that were "exorcised" suffered the same fate as those done by Tsubaki. The possessed individual fell to the ground with their eyes open in a daze.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Daniel could feel the strange, angry presence in the air, and the hair on the back of his neck prickled slightly. He whipped around and saw Ms. Ignianus entering behind him. "Why'd you push me?" He asked. "There's something in here..."

Just then he heard something hissing. He looked to the side and saw a raggedy old woman in a disturbing pose. "Uhhh-" He began before the woman hissed again and charged towards them. His eyes grew wide, and he took a step back before reflexively trying to launch a fireball towards the seemingly possessed woman.

Alice pushed three more demons out of the ward area with a few whacks with her staff. "Uhh, Tsubaki," She said. "This crowd isn't thinning at all! I can keep them away from us with wind, for a short time, before some of them start making it through. That's why I need you to start exorcising them, or I'll be fighting them forever!"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 pm
YIM WWW

I certainly hope so. Logan thought, realizing that Li had been knocked unconscious. They had hardly been holding out against the ghost even with his help. Fortunately, it seemed like the threat had been neutralized.

"Ah! C-c-cold!" Logan exclaimed in surprise as the spirit latched onto him. He began shaking wildly in an attempt to dislodge it. "Why does it keep attacking me!?"

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 am

Finally having an idea of a general area in which the kettle may be, Damian set off to the back of the stage, entering the nearest room as his visibility returned, granting him more focus. He immediately skimmed the room with his eyes, then further continued to feel for the kettle. As much as he wanted to help Lloyd, he knew the best thing he could do was find the kettle.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 98  Next