The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
blackking1700 wrote:
hey, I posted a Leon Powalski Moveset in the last page or two, could someone review it for me?

Reviewing's not my thing, but I guess I'll give it a try...

I like how Leon isn't like the other StarFox character norm. I don't remember Leon ever using land-based weapons (though I've never played a StarFox game). The ammo mechanic is pretty cool (kinda like Robin's durability gimmick). Uh.... Yeah, that's about it, I guess :P

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
I don't review because all my reviews would be like Yoshiblazes: short, to the point, with few points.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 pm

MGN Username: drei_hund
Currently Playing: SSF2, Fallout, DooM, Halo, Turok
I saw this thread and I thought that this would be pretty fun. I suck at descriptions so that's why I have all of these gifs. May add some more detail in the future if this thread is still alive.
I used YComicsInSmashY's post as a template so props to him
Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat SNES 1992)

Walk/Run: 5 (Pikachu)/9.5 (Black Mage)
Weight: 100 (Mario)
Jab: Two hit elbow (timing similar to Lloyd's)
Dash attack: Shoulder bash (Self explanatory see Samus or Falcon)
Up tilt: Pop up http://imgur.com/bTN7rrz
Forward tilt: Axe kick http://imgur.com/Vk1eilG
Down tilt: Uppercut

Aerials-
Nair: Forward punch http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk2/johnnycage/sprites/punch/a03.png
Uair: Flip kick (similar to Falcon's in appearance, slower)
Fair: Downward Punch (similar to Little Mac's in appearance, more knockback, spikes when sweetspotted)
Dair: Divekick
Bair: Dropkick

Grabs-

U-grab: Shadow uppercut followed by a kick down http://imgur.com/PT0zV4f
F-grab: Hits opponent with an uppercut from his charged fist http://imgur.com/TReX3v9
D-grab: Jumping elbow to the back (Similar to his x-ray in MK9)
B-grab: A kick in the back http://imgur.com/IVPScJy

Specials-

N-special: Forceball
F-special: Shadow Kick http://imgur.com/XwmrQJz
D-special: Charge Palm http://imgur.com/o8xaT9e
U-special: Shadow uppercut

Smashes-

Usmash: Charged flip kick http://imgur.com/ZQ0Lwhu
Fsmash: Charge fist http://imgur.com/TfpRdQJ
Dsmash: Sweepkick
Final Smash: Lights, Camera, Action: Johnny Cage breaks the fourth wall and poses for player(s) with camera flashes appearing randomly on the screen, damaging the opponent

Taunts-

Neutral: Points in front of him saying "You just got CAGED"
Side: Shrugs and says "I make this look easy"
Down: Leans in and points to his chin saying "C'mon.."

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm not blaming you that you can't use descriptions well, but we need more details on how the specials work at least.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Amundrei wrote:
I saw this thread and I thought that this would be pretty fun. I suck at descriptions so that's why I have all of these gifs. May add some more detail in the future if this thread is still alive.

Hah, tried to kill this thread once. It gained 15+ pages instead.
Edit: Updated OP. (BTW: 94 characters total)

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Better finish my Lucina and Dark Pit movesets soon then :)

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Ill just be an attention whore and stop making movesets till my existing ones (or at least the good ones) get reviewed :P

Toad & Dixie Kong Zoroark Hero Of Legend Link Phantom Luma Hydreigon PMD Riolu

Yes, Im such an egoistical person that I ask for reviews without doing any reviews myself. Mostly because mine suck.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:12 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Welp, first try at this sort of stuff, so feedback would be much appreciated.
EDIT: Tweaked the damage percentages to balance it out. Also changed some attacks. At last I am fully finished. Can it be put on the list in the OP now? :link:

I present the Child Hero of Time, Young Link, my version anyways. And it aint no clone character too.
Source Games - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and their respective 3D remakes. Also Super Smash Bros Melee.

Just imagine the above picture in sprite art form, and there's his character portrait/design.
Tried making palette swaps of the picture but they somehow screwed themselves up when I uploaded them, so I'll just quickly describe them for you: there's a blood red one, a deep blue one, a colorful purple/pink one, a sepia brown/bronze one, a golden brass/yellow one, a metallic silver one, a black "Dark Link" one and one that is pretty much extremely saturated, making him appear almost luminous.
Also, note any transformations into his different forms stated in his moveset are instantaneous, and Young Link will revert back into his Hylian form after the following attack is completed or if he gets hit.

General Info: show
The Child Hero of Time arrives to brawl once again with his Kokiri Sword and Mirror Shield (the one with the disturbing face on it - search it up on Google and you'll instantly know). The Mirror Shield will reflect all projectiles instead of simply blocking them, but does so more effectively with energy based projectiles like Mario's fireball. Plus, he can now also reflect projectiles while walking as well as standing still. Along with his weapons, he arrives with his signature masks acquired from his perplexing adventure in Termina, standing himself out from his older counterpart. Overall he has a wide arsenal of quick, unique, powerful moves, and as such has several choices for damage racking and fast KOs. However, he himself can easily be caught into combos, and when he does he doesn't have much options to escape apart form his N-Air and other recovery attacks. In comparison to adult Link, his sword range isn't as good but he is much faster; however his moveset isn't very similar at all, so don't base your fighting style for him off regular Link's too much. Also, as you'll soon see, he is quite an unorthodox character, and as such is not recommended as a starting character for beginners. Players with good character control and knowledge on how to properly utilize his many potential attack combinations will benefit best.

Entrance: Young Link warps to an Owl Statue on the battlefield by playing the Song of Soaring on his ocarina. The Owl Statue then glows and vanishes.

Idle: Puts on the Giant's Mask and starts growing bigger, but the mask slips off and Young Link comically trips, falls over, and reverts to normal.

Size: About Megaman's current height.

Weight: Heavier than Mario but lighter than normal Link.

Jump Height: Average, slightly better than regular Link.

Speed: Average/fast when walking, relatively fast when dashing, average in the air, quite fast when falling. Overall, slower than Mario but faster than normal Link.

Sidestep/Mid-Air Dodge: Young Link puts on the Stone Mask.

Roll/Roll Attack: Does an old fashioned barrel roll - however, if the player presses the attack key during the last few phases of his roll, Young Link will then perform the Dash Attack (either with his shield or sword), sliding towards the direction he's facing and skewering/ramming opponents in his way, dealing 5% with low knockback. Additionally, if he does it with his shield, any projectiles coming his way will be reflected.

Shield: Transforms into Goron Link and curls into a fetal position, with the shield bubble around him.

Dashing: Whenever Young Link dashes, he'll put on the Bunny Hood. Merely for cosmetic purposes.

Moveset: show
Jab 1: Does a diagonal slash downward, deals 4%.

Jab 2: Does a horizontal slash across in front of him, deals 5%.

Jab 3/Infinite Combo: Repeatedly stabs forward at different angles, each hit dealing 3% with no knockback. Pretty much the same as Link's former infinite combo for those who remember v0.7.

Dash Attack: Performs the Jump Attack (like Link does in SSB4), dealing 10% with very strong knockback. Great KO move.

F-Tilt: Charges for a split second, then quickly thrusts his sword outwards with both hands, deals 11%. Similar to Lloyd's F-Tilt but faster. Good KO move with nice knockback.

U-Tilt: Swings his sword over his head in an arc quickly twice. First hit deals 5%, second hit deals 6% and has small knockback.

D-Tilt: A crouching one handed stab, deals 8%. Has spiking properties if the tip of the blade connects with an opponent recovering.

F-Smash: Holds his sword behind him with both hands and does an overhead swing forward until it hits the ground. Similar to Marth's F-Smash but with less end lag. Nice KO move with excellent knockback. Does 14% uncharged, 21% fully charged.

U-Smash: Transforms into Goron Link, roars and does a fiery uppercut with both hands, launching the opponent upwards. Powerful KO move with gigantic knockback. Deals 20% when uncharged, 30% when fully charged. High starting and end lag.

D-Smash: Transforms into Deku Link and performs a Deku Spin Attack on the spot, blowing any opponents away with decent knockback. Deals 13% when uncharged, 19% when fully charged.

Ledge Attack: Rolls back onto the stage and does a quick slash, dealing 7% and tiny knockback.

100% Ledge Attack: Rolls back onto stage and does a sledgehammer/golf swing style slash with his sword, dealing 9% and high knockback.

Floor Attack: Transforms into Zora Link and emits a bio-electric barrier around him, dealing 8% and teeny knockback.

N-Air: Puts on the Blast Mask and explodes (yes, that's right), dealing 13% damage to opponents around him with good knockback. He does not take damage of course.

F-Air: Charges for half a second (with his sword in the air) and swings downwards in a one-handed vertical slash with full force, meteor smashing opponents. Awesome KO move with amazing knockback. Meteor is active on second part of hitbox and always deals 14%.

B-Air: Slashes behind him in a 180 degree spinning horizontal arc. Deals 10% with sizeable knockback.

U-Air: Quickly throws a Bombchu into the air. If it doesn't connect with an opponent right away, it'll drop back onto the stage and start walking around, like a Bob-omb. It'll explode automatically after about 5 seconds or if it hits an opponent (it'll just turn around if it hits a wall/reaches a ledge). If reflected by an opponent's shield, it'll only explode upon contact with Young Link instead. Deals 12% damage regardless with average knockback. To prevent spamming, Young Link can only have 3 Bombchu on the stage at a time - if he tries to perform the move when all 3 Bombchu are already on the stage, he'll throw up nothing.

D-Air: Essentially Toon Link's stall-then-fall D-Air from SSB4, plummeting straight through opponents with his sword beneath him. Deals 16% damage with proficient knockback.

Z-Air: Hookshot, like regular Link's. While shorter, it's faster, and deals 8% with poking properties and no knockback.

Grab: Young Link casts his Fishing Rod out, hooks an opponent and reels him in. Slightly longer range and faster than regular Link's hookshot, but has higher end-lag as Young Link reels the line in.

Hold: Dangles his victim from his fishing line.

Pummel: Young Link quickly repeatedly kicks his victim in the shin. Does 2% per hit.

F-Throw: Transforms into Goron Link, curls into a spiky ball and rolls around the stage (yes, you read that right), grinding any opponents who stand in his way. You can control him using the arrow keys and jump button, similar to Sonic's spindash. Do any attack or get hit to get out of "Goron Roll Mode". Deals 4% per hit with medium knockback.

B-Throw: Transforms into Deku Link and blows a bubble, trapping the opponent and allowing for further attacks. Similar effect to Sora's B-Throw. Does 6%.

U-Throw: Casts the opponent up high using the fishing pole and throws a Bomb Bag full of bombs, exploding and dealing 10% with major knockback.

D-Throw: Transforms into Goron Link and pounds the opponent into the ground whack-a-mole style, having the same trapping effect as a Pitfall and allowing for combo opportunities. Does 9%.

Neutral B: Fire Arrow/Slingshot - If you perform this on the ground, Young Link will pull out his bow and launch his famed Fire Arrows at an opponent, setting them alight and dealing 2% per flame (14% altogether) if uncharged, 3% per flame (21% altogether) if fully charged. However, if Young Link performs his special in the air, the little hero doesn't have time to grab out that big bow: he'll instead quickly pull out a slingshot and fire a stone diagonally downwards, which deals 5% uncharged, 10% fully charged.

Side B: Zora Fins - Young Link transforms into Zora Link and fires off two Zora fins, which fly apart, converge and eventually return to Young Link. They function like Sora's keyblade - racking up damage and providing a window for attacks. Each fin deals 2% per hit (racks up to 18% if all hits connect) with no knockback.

Up B: Deku Flowers - Young Link transforms into Deku Link, hides inside a Deku Flower and propels into the air, hovering with two helicopter flowers afterwards. Initial ascent is a nice vertical recovery, but the hovering allows Young Link to glide around the stage freely (similar to Meta Knight, but with better control and can change direction). His flowers don't do damage, however he can drop Deku Nuts while gliding about - this allows him to become an effective aerial bomber. Each Deku Nut deals 9%. You can get out of hovering mode by performing any attack or otherwise landing on the stage.

Down B-Ground: Elegy of Emptiness - Young Link plays the Elegy of Emptiness on his ocarina (the Guitar of Waves version will accompany it in the background) and summons an effigy of either himself, a Deku, a Goron or a Zora (random chance), rising up from the ground (if the player merely taps the keys) or falling from the sky towards the ground (if the player holds the keys down). Quite slow to start, but the effigies do massive damage if touched during the initial summon (amount of damage is dependent on which effigy is summoned: Deku does 17%, Link does 22%, Zora does 25% and Goron does 35%). Ones rising from the ground launch the opponent upwards, ones from the air meteor smash opponents, both with powerful knockback. After the initial summon, the statue/s will stay on the stage for about 6 seconds before vanishing away - during this period, if they are touched, 3% is dealt, no matter what kind. To prevent overpower, only 2 effigies can be on the stage at a time - if Young Link performs the song when 2 effigies are already on the stage, nothing will appear unless one of the ones summoned beforehand disappear.

Down B-Air: Zora Dive - Young Link transforms into Zora Link and spirals downwards while surrounded in bio-electric energy, can change angle of descent by pressing the left and right arrow keys. Deals 2% each consecutive hit; can rack up to 16% if all hits connect. Initial hit paralyzes opponents, and final hit deals minor knockback.

Semi-Final Form: Fierce Deity Link - Young Link puts on the Fierce Deity Mask, roars and transforms into Fierce Deity Link, growing about 1.5 times his size. Fierce Deity Link, like other Final Forms, can jump infinitely and does not receive knockback from attacks. From here, Fierce Deity Link has two main attacks. By pressing the regular attack button he'll do a complex two-handed sword combo with his new Double Helix Sword that does 10% per hit and can rack up to 60% damage if all hits connect. Pressing different directions on the arrow keys while doing so changes sword combo he does. Opponents cannot escape when caught in the combo unless Fierce Deity Link is attacked by someone else. Alternatively, by pressing the special attack button, Fierce Deity Link will fire disc-shaped magical turquoise-colored blasts from his sword that function like Krillin's Destructo Disk attack - catching opponents and racking up damage until it goes off-screen. Each consecutive hit does 5%, but if the opponent is caught well enough in the disk it can potentially rack up over 70-80%. Lastly, you can control who you aim to fire the disk at by pressing the grab button: when you press it, a Z-targeting symbol will appear on the closest opponent. Where the Z-targeting symbol hovers on is where Fierce Deity Link will fire his disks towards. Keep pressing the grab button to cycle between opponents to aim at, and if you want to exit Z-Targeting Mode, hold down the grab button for about a second and the symbol will disappear. When the duration for Fierce Deity Link runs out, he'll kneel down on one knee, tired, and take off the mask, thereby shrinking and reverting himself back to Young Link.

Extras: show
Regular Taunt: Young Link puts on either Kafei's Mask, All Night Mask, Gibdo Mask, Garo's Mask or Gerudo Mask and stares at the player awkwardly/creepily.

Side Taunt: Young Link will play a random choice from some of the most iconic Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask songs, such as the Song of Healing, Song of Storms, Oath to Order and Zelda's Lullaby. He will perform these either on his ocarina, on the Drums of Sleep as Goron Link, on the Guitar of Waves as Zora Link or on the Pipes of Awakening as Deku Link.

Up Taunt: Young Link puts on the Don Gero's Mask and does the derpy frog directing dance, with the Frog Choir's croaking in the background. He can do either the original N64 version of the "dance" or the one from the 3D remake (N64 version is much derpier though). Couldn't find a good video example to show you guys, sorry.

Down Taunt: Young Link puts on Kamaro's Mask and performs Kamaro's Dance, with the infamous song playing in the background. By keeping the taunt button held down, the player can continuously do the dance until the taunt button is released. If you don't know what the dance looks like, see the vid below:
YouTube Video:

Dashing Taunt: Young Link has a bonus taunt. When dashing, if Young Link taunts, he'll put on the Bremen Mask and start playing its signature tune on his ocarina while marching. By keeping the taunt button held down, the player can move left and right (as well as stand still) while performing the song continuously until the player gets hit or stops holding down the taunt button. If you want to see what this taunt would look like, refer to the vid below (march starts at 0:10):
YouTube Video:

Fierce Deity Link Taunt: Does a sword dance and plants his sword in the ground with one hand.

Star-KO Animation: Young Link screams and spirals towards the heavens, his sword flying beside him.

Screen-KO Animation: Young Link, wearing the Great Fairy's Mask or Circus Leader's Mask, faceplants against the screen and slides down.

Shield Break/Stun Animation: Young Link collapses to the ground and sleeps, with ZZZZ's hovering above him and a snot bubble inflating and deflating on his face.

Assist Trophy Summon Animation: Young Link holds his hands in the air with the trophy hovering above him, pretty much his pose when he collects an item from The Legend of Zelda series. When he does this, the traditional "Item Get" jingle plays in the background.

Winning Animation: Young Link, wearing the Mask of Truth or the Mask of Scents, does a few fancy sword slashes, throws his sword in the air, takes of his mask and smiles at the camera while holding the mask, and catches his sword, holding it in the air triumphantly.

Special Win Animation: Young Link, wearing the Postman's Hat, juggles a few multi-colored rupees but stops, faces the camera and lets the rupees fall, frisbee-throws his hat away, draws his sword out with a slash, and does the classic hero's pose with his shield out in front of him, grinning all the while.

Losing Animation: Young Link, wearing the Keaton Mask or Romani's Mask, pouts and looks down sadly, but slowly and reluctantly claps for the winner anyways.

Victory Theme/Fanfare: Saria's Song!

Home Stage: Clock Town.

And that's that! Cheers for reading...if you did read.
I was originally going to have his Down-B as "Transform" where he would cycle between Goron, Deku and Zora Link and each of them would have their own movesets, but I was having trouble coming up with all the moves (because really, there isn't as much to them as I hoped there would be) so I simply merged everyone into one being. If someone else wants to try out this previous idea of incorporating the 3 other characters as well, go for it.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:03 am, edited 35 times in total.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:42 am

Canon Luigi!
Basicly im just replacing moves with moves from his actual games, instead of made up ones. Any moves I DON'T mention are normal.

Smashes:
U-Smash:Kicks a shell upward. Good vertical killer.
F-Smash:Thunderhand(from superstar saga).
D-Smash:Spins around in a penguin suit. Grinder.

Specials:
F-Special:Hammer. Chargeable. Shield breaking. Good kill potential.
D-Special:Dream Portal. Brings out a Pi'illo and sleeps on them, bringing up the portal from dream team, that if enemies touch they get sent out, then get hit and fly out by an enemy. -5% mushroom, 5% dromba, 7% propellion vertical knockback, 13% lob-omb a giant explosion that can catch other players, 15% lakitu, 20% massif bros, INSTA-KILL antasma

Throws:
U-Throw:Activates his propeller suit below them and catches them in the propeller
D-Throw:Hits them with an iceball from the ice flower and they break out of the ice
B-Throw:Uses the magic window and goes behind them, then hits them with his hammer
F-Throw:Hits them in the face with a basketball

Aerials:
D-Air:Ground pound

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:03 pm

So many movesets, so little reviews...

Do I post my moveset idea?
Or Give out mediocre reviews?
Or Just wait?!

I'M CONFLICTED

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:32 pm

GIVE OUT MEDIOCRE REVIEWS LOL XD

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 pm

WHERE IS EVERYONE.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:26 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
I have no idea.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:29 pm

WHY ARE WE SPEAKING IN CAPS! Wait, that's just me.
Anyway, I seriously don't know what to do about all of these new movests. I'm thinking of waiting it out. I REALLY want to show this moveset idea I have off, tho

Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

...i need a character to do.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:40 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 46  Next