The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:28 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Bellos 

How would you vote this
Good 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Ok (please critique) 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Ugly (please critique) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Bellos 

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
For those who have read Matthew Reilly's 'Contest', this should be a familiar character. I essentially took his appearance etc. and want to give him a history

So...

Name:Bellos (no surname)
Species: Malonian. As it says in the book, earth isn't the only planet that can support life and, in actual fact, its progress in evolution has been, comparatively, very slow. The Malonians are shape-shifters and on Earth, Bellos usually chooses to go around in a humanoid shape
Appearance: As said before, Bellos is human shaped. However in addition to the human physique, he has also given himself long, sharp, bull-like horns instead of hair. He has made himself incredibly well built and stands at about 185cm tall. He gives his skin is a darkish blue - like this - attempting (successfully) to look like a demon. His eyes, iris, retina and pupil, are all glowing red, making them look almost like fireballs. He wears no clothing as when he changes form, his clothing doesn't change. However just to fit in with the stereotypical demon, he lacks body parts which associate him with a gender.
History: Bellos is the grandson of Kryon (made up name), the winner of the previous Presidian. As a result of this, greatness was always expected of Bellos, from birth he was trained to kill. Through childhood, he never got taught to use a gun as they weren't allowed in Presidians but still got basic weapons training. At the equivalent age of 24, he decided to become more proficient as he had already planned how to cheat the Presidian and learning how to use firearms could help. His hoodayas were given to him as 'pups', when he reached man hood and grew up with him, following him and him alone.
Method of fighting:Bellos highly favours his horns. Against humans armed with non-self-propelling weapons (such as guns) he will often grab both of the opponents' wrists and then lower his head and thrust his horns into their chest, killing them almost instantly. Of course, if he really doesn't like them, he impales their stomach and leaves them to die in agony. He also takes 4 hoodaya or 'hoods' with him, animals from his home planet, similar to large hunting dogs, well trained, and the most intelligent non-sapient species known. He usually picks off opponents while they are by themselves, distracting them, usually through assorted taunts, while one of the hoodayas attacks from behind. He is very capable with a sword however this is only used when against several opponents. While swords aren't very useful, they can be very intimidating, especially if the other arm has shifted to being a blade as well. He spent the equivalent of years doing a series of what appear to be suicidal tricks with a sword with the sole purpose of intimidating an opponent
Miscellaneous: The Malonians are trophy collectors. The breast plate that he wears around used to belong to a Roman Centurion that his grandfather killed in the 5th Presidian

Getting around the fact that he died in the book: Given that humans are very technologically challenged, the other races have outstripped humans by miles. They have invented time travel and inter-dimensional travel. Bellos used this to determine who would win the Contest. In another dimension, he meddled with time so that he would win however, he discovered that the teleporter that would have gotten him back broke and he would have ended up in pieces, meddling more in yet another dimension, he found out that a whole species, undiscovered until then, came back and wanted him as a sacrifice. The Malonians, in an effort to avoid war, accepted and he died even more painfully than he would have otherwise.

Given that meddling with the past is too dangerous, Bellos travelled to the future for training as killing other species in the past is next to impossible and he isn't recorded as exisiting in the future.

I just realised that not many people would know what a Presidian is. A Presidian is a competition where one person from each sentient species battle it out. It is a huge event on other planets however since human kind has not contacted other life forms, it is not even known about. The Presidians occur once every 1000 years and the next one from Bellos' point of view, will occur in 1994CE (time travel is a funny thing)

Will complete later - feel free to comment

Last edited by Gold on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 am

Waifu: I'm married
The grammar is completely unreadable in some places...

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm
YIM WWW

Might be fixed, if not, could you please say where

thx

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:32 am

Ah, Bellos. He was my faveourtie character in Contest. I can't wait for MR's new book to come out on October 20th I think it is. I preorded it :D

Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:20 am

Added a small history, still isn't finished

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:21 pm

I've noticed that I keep accidentally referring to the hoods as dogs, should dogs come out of no where during one of my stories, I'm actually referring to the Hoods

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 am

Added more to the starting post - comments and criticism would most definitely be appreciated

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 am
 [ 7 posts ]