The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

talesoffan wrote:
1) You were using grind-easy skills as a way to claim you do not have poor skills, I felt tempted to point out that it proves nothing.
2) 1 Range sucks, enemy phase is far more important then player phase.
3) But you grind for skills?
...whatever...

Sorry if I sounded like I was bragging, I didn't mean to.
Yeah, 1 range is kinda annoying. Speaking of which, are there any throwing sword or longsword weapons? Because I want a ranged sword that isn't Levin.
Also, the breaker skills aren't grind easy - they're all learned at advanced Lv.15
A question - If I attack someone and they counterstrike, will counter (the skill) activate?

Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

The only 2 range sword other than Levin that I can think of is Amatsu, which is Yen'fay's sword.

It's only wieldable by swordmasters, I believe. Or maybe myrmidons too.

Sun May 19, 2013 7:27 pm
Site Moderator

There's Ragnell, although I don't think you can get it normally (it's in the "Infinite Regalia" DLC along with all the other special weapons).

Mon May 20, 2013 6:42 pm

New in Fire Emblem May 23: show
I have some exciting Fire Emblem Awakening news for you!

There are new downloadable maps available for purchase in the Outrealm Gate:
-The Future Past 3: $3.00
-Apotheosis: $2.50

The Future Past 3 rounds out the trilogy, and...well, Apotheosis... I'm not sure you're ready for it. I *probably* shouldn't even let you play it. It's the single hardest thing I've got to offer you. I mean, good luck and all, if you give it a shot. You'll need it!

Downloadable maps can be purchased from the Outrealm Gate. If the Outrealm Gate doesn't appear on your world map, just play a little bit more of the game. You'll see it soon!

Anna

Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Lucina wrote:
The only 2 range sword other than Levin that I can think of is Amatsu, which is Yen'fay's sword.

Is there a way to get it other than killing/recruiting Yen'fay?

Nott A. Bot wrote:
There's Ragnell, although I don't think you can get it normally (it's in the "Infinite Regalia" DLC along with all the other special weapons).

What's its might? And which chest is it in?
I got Regalia along with EXP and Golden Gaffe. (As I said before)

Sun May 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
Pikmin wrote:
Lucina wrote:

Is there a way to get it other than killing/recruiting Yen'fay?

Nott A. Bot wrote:

What's its might? And which chest is it in?
I got Regalia along with EXP and Golden Gaffe. (As I said before)

The chests are randomized so you get something different every time.
>_>

Sun May 26, 2013 7:10 pm

talesoffan wrote:
The chests are randomized so you get something different every time.
>_>

Well, that sucks.
(PS I never opened the chests :)

Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
...then why get the DLC?

You know what? Screw this, I made an awesome TL:DR on how to fix FE13's story.

((This post was made at Gamefaqs, thus my username is CaptainBang. Deal with it))

Gentlemen, I believe we've we've all said these strong words.

"VALM ARC IS FILLER CAPTAINBANG!"

And how cray cray is that? Super cray cray that's how much. But perhaps this crayness has some substantial evidence to back it up? The valm arc, before or after, was never mentioned (in the form of foreshadowing or any substantial conversations) afterwards. In fact, one could argue that the only reason it exists is to let the children get some chapters before late-game.

"BUT WE ALL KNEW THIS CAPTAINBANG!"

Yes, Captain Bang Shishigami Falcon would never just repeat simply just point out the obvious, he creates discussions for JUSTICE! Let me redirect you towards the first, and outside of Awakening only, game to feature the child system. Fire Emblem: Seisen No Keifu... or Holy Wars for you non-weeaboos losers out there... let's just called it FE4 for simplicities sake for now, K?

I believe all us FE4 vets know how the kids and parents are split up in this game, but for those unfamiliar, the children and parents were never playable at once (outside of Fin and his winness, but if I wrote an essay on how much a BAMF Fin is, we'd be here all night) as the parents in the first generation were killed... or crippled... or maimed... or possessed by a Wind Dragon then gaining his will again only after saving the world...

"BUT BANG, THE FE4 PLOT WAS OFTEN CONSIDERED WEAKENED AFTER THE FIRST GENERATION! HOW COULD KILLING OFF THE GEN 1 AWAKENING CAST BE USEFUL?!"

I'm glad you asked my all caps friend. While FE4's massacre is well known by all players by now, the unknown third cut part of FE4 was unused.

"CAPTAINBANG, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS! THIS TOPIC IS NOW RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS! TELL ME MORE!"

Will do, my annoying caps locked alter ego. The third part of FE4 was going to be an arc where the children met up with the parents. Obviously this idea was used in some twisted time travel way in Awakening, but the focus was lessened as the parents were still the main characters, with the children, bluntly put, were thrown away.

"Well, alright, that's all very interesting (My caps button broke), but what does this have to do with anything?"

How about I get to the point my interpretation of a gamefaqs peer? FE4 offered the idea of actually three arcs, one with the parents, one without the kids, and an arc combining the two. What Awakening should have done in its approach is have the Grima arc happen immediately after the Plegia arc, including an extended timeskip of course. While cutting out the "Marth" in the story, as impossible as that sounds... you could do it pretty easily to be honest. Turn chapter 1 and 2 into bandit chapters... make Lon'qu the boss in chapter 5, have Emmeryn's assassination fail no matter what... all simple stuff honestly. It may seem less flashy but it has a good payoff.

The fight with Validar would go exactly as it did in the dream, plus all the other parents escaping showing there is still some HOPE!

Then there would be a timeskip, leading to our favorite cast of little messed up teenagers.

Gerome: No good Lucina! The Risen have found us!
Kjelle: Well let's fight! I'm tired of running from them.
Gerome: ...We should leave...
Kjelle: Are you kidding me? We're capable of stomping out a few Risen!
Lucina: He's not saying that because of fear Kjelle... Frederick (or any other hip Gen 1 survivor) told you to keep me out of trouble. Well I can fight too!
Brady: YEAH! I'll help out too you bas-
Lucina: PRIESTS AND WARFARE DO NOT MIX!

:D
I love myself.
OK, so it would likely seem a bit more interesting then that... hopefully.
Anyways, here we have the potential for an arc focusing entirely on the children, thinking future's past, but an entire arc focusing on it. They try to stop the Risen, take them down, but can't stop Grima due to one of the Gemstones being broken...

"I SEE WHERE YOU'RE GOING WITH THIS NOW BA-"

Indeed you do, we have an arc of the children's failure to defeat Grima, escape from the future, and back into the past. Perhaps some NPC's such as Say'ri and Yenfay will join your cause? Perhaps you can make a few more gen 2 kids? Who knows, but we can have an arc focusing on their adventures, their failure, then going back into the past... informing the people of the first generation of what happened, but with a different approach, then a few chapters would be about how to avoid this destiny while still keeping the audience more engaged then the Valm Arc. We could even still have the kids split up and Lucina would still be the only normal one.

"BUT TALES- I MEAN CAPTAINBANG! WHAT OF THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS!"

Way ahead of you. Obviously, we'd need to expand the Plegia arc slightly, by 3 or 4 chapters, while still introducing Cherche (who wouldn't be hard to introduce, "I SERVE LORD VIRION lawl.png lawl.png). Afterwards, we'd have to increase the rate supports grow and make it so that the person with the highest support would automatically be the spouse if you fail beforehand. From a gameplay standpoint, it'd be a little tricky, but pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

"BUT GREAT MASTER SHISHIGAMI, I FAIL AT LIFE AND CAN'T THINK OF A WAY TO SOLVE THE SECOND GEN'S INEVITABLE WORSE BASES!"

...........oh... fudge...........um..................Amp up the bases depending on availability and have the parents affects on them be lesser, because FE4 did it like that and I like FE4 so it should work.

"THANK YOU CAPTAINBANG! YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS ARE ALWAYS SUBSTANTIAL!"

Anytime son, anytime.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Literally nobody cares about your dumbass wall of text that you posted on GameFAQs. (which, as we all know, is well known for having very intelligent users)

If you made a post on GameFAQs in reply to something, keep it there. Don't copypaste it here, especially when it's concerning something that nobody has brought up. Stop waving your dick around. Yes, you "owned" some nerd. Well f*** done.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 pm

I owned Dr. Geno actually.
But that's another topic, when I get perma banned and post every PM conversation I had on some obscure site.

I'd also mention I don't need to explain chests have items on Gamefaqs, while I do on McLeodGaming... so intelligence goes to Gamefaqs? Not saying much, but still.

Last edited by talesoffan on Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 pm

talesoffan wrote:
I'd also mention I don't need to explain chests have items on Gamefaqs, while I do on McLeodGaming... so intelligence goes to Gamefaqs? Not saying much, but still.

I'd like to mention that I said that GameFAQs is full of idiots. I didn't mention MG at all.

If you're going to argue with me, learn how to argue.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

...Hmm... I don't think I can say anything without getting myself modded...
Ah well. In order for this topic to stay on topic I'll post something on a similar level of intellect as most people on this board...

I like Ike

Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
sick trolls bro

Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you, I try.
And usually succeed.
But the compliments always touch me right there.

My kidney.
Kinda hurts actually.

Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
when you put more effort in than the people you are trolling they arent really the ones being trolled

Mon May 27, 2013 11:06 pm
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next