The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am

[ 5 posts ] 
jammy 
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
hi its me, apparently I have to do this

name: jammy

characters
: main kirby, secondary marth and mario, low tier main is falcon

experience
: I play melee at locals

started playing: about 2 years ago I think? idk

favourite stage
: mirror chamber, platforms + small blastzones, and nobody else likes it so its a great cp

tiers: see slackroom tier list

one change: remove DK

items in comp: no

why u need me: add more diversity + competitive insight to BR, help further meta, good experience with the game, etc. etc.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Stagelist: show
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium 3
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:
Dream Land 64
Tower of Salvation
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx
Mirror Chamber
WarioWare Inc.

1) Give a ratio for the Captain Falcon/Zero Suit Samus matchup, and explain the reason for this, detailing neutral, punish and offstage and anything else you think is necessary.

2) Given that stagelist above, what one change would you make to that stagelist and why?

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:28 am
BR Member

1)
62-38 ZSS's favour

neutral: ZSS wants to use high priority + high range hitboxes in neutral to zone and corner falcon. falcon can't challenge these (except situationally)
with his own moves, so he has to bait and punish instead. this is difficult, as ZSS's moves are all fairly low endlag and long range, making punishing with,
for example dashdance grab or runup shield, difficult. unless the ZSS messes up their spacing, falcon finds it difficult to win neutral, as the ZSS can play
very safe. falcon has a couple of situations that can be favourable, such as holding center stage and dashdance camping to wait for an opening, or using SH
knee which will beat ZSS's standing sideB (idek how this works but it does)

punish: ZSS punishes revolve around getting falcon offstage and edgeguarding. fthrow chaingrab works really well here, which leads into dtilt, which in
turn leads into fsmash at mid percents. this sets up a simple edgeguard in which ZSS can fsmash high recoveries and dsmash low recoveries. strong punishes,
hard to mess up, but a persistent falcon may make it back if the ZSS messes up.

falcon has standard midweight punish game on ZSS. nair leads into uair, dtilt or grab. dthrow leads into knee/stomp on DI in, regrab/uair on DI away for low %.
dtilt also leads into uair at low %. uair leads into knee to finish a combo. dthrow confirms into knee on any DI at mid-high %, as does dtilt. I think that falcon's
punishes are much more inconsistent than ZSS's, as they're far less linear and require either great reactions to DI (very hard in online lag) or reads of DI.

edgeguarding
: ZSS - as stated above. falcon's 'sweetspot' upB is caught by dsmash, any high recovery caught by fsmash. very simple and effective.
falcon - should practically never get a punish on a recovering ZSS. frame 1 ledgesnap is very very difficult to edgeguard considering SSF2's ledges (no persistent invincibility).
falcon has to guess when ZSS is going to tether and grab ledge, then wait and roll up on the second attempt to tether (ZSS can easily attempt to tether twice even if the first misses.).

overall
: terrible for falcon since ZSS controls neutral fairly well, although it's contestable. ZSS punishes are far more consistent than falcon's, and can find
easy 0-deaths. falcon can do the same, but far less consistently. edgeguarding is strongly in ZSS's favour - falcon can't really challenge her offstage.

2)

remove WW from counterpick. stage is very strong for certain characters (DK, marth, lloyd, zelda, BBM, ichigo), making it an instant ban for many matchups.
stage is also pretty laggy, and is rarely ever picked. the lower platforms are also a really janky height, can make certain characters land on them with just a
shorthop. overall, it's banned instantly for certain matchups, and for others is pretty annoying/janky to play on, meaning it's almost never picked, and thus redundant.

Youtube         Twitch

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:30 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Thanks for applying.

You have been accepted into the BR.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm
BR Member

LUL

Youtube         Twitch

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:17 am