The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
New Character Bio! 

Currently Playing: Call of Duty:Black Ops, and SSF2
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
Come on guys. I don't mind everyone giving me bad reviews on this, but I'm really 13, and I'm really 5'8" in real life. Some of the comments were pretty harsh though. And no Kamen, 5 isn't human, and 10 isn't godly. Just think of it like this. A 5 is bad, 6 is good/bad, 7 is normal, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is excellent. I'm not trying to be God or whatever. I'm just having fun with this. Unless my life depended on this, I'm not going to try to hand out every single detail like some great writer. Oh, and NDUESTRE, you should really watch what you say. Doesn't matter if you type it with random letters. You still shoudn't be saying stuff like,quote, "you *something* giraffe!" That can really hurt someones feelings. This go's out to everyone who says things like that.

making self-inserts obvious with specific details usually makes you look bad, try doing that with the personality rather than appearance
and my cursing doesn't affect anyone anymore, kind of like black people's vocabulary
Ok this has gone to far! I don't care if you make fun of me, but you can't be making fun of African-Americans, or any other Race! I just know this is against the rules. Why not try to be nice, and keep comments like that to yourself!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:17 am

Currently Playing: Vanquish
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
Come on guys. I don't mind everyone giving me bad reviews on this, but I'm really 13, and I'm really 5'8" in real life. Some of the comments were pretty harsh though. And no Kamen, 5 isn't human, and 10 isn't godly. Just think of it like this. A 5 is bad, 6 is good/bad, 7 is normal, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is excellent. I'm not trying to be God or whatever. I'm just having fun with this. Unless my life depended on this, I'm not going to try to hand out every single detail like some great writer. Oh, and NDUESTRE, you should really watch what you say. Doesn't matter if you type it with random letters. You still shoudn't be saying stuff like,quote, "you *something* giraffe!" That can really hurt someones feelings. This go's out to everyone who says things like that.

making self-inserts obvious with specific details usually makes you look bad, try doing that with the personality rather than appearance
and my cursing doesn't affect anyone anymore, kind of like black people's vocabulary
Ok this has gone to far! I don't care if you make fun of me, but you can't be making fun of African-Americans, or any other Race! I just know this is against the rules. Why not try to be nice, and keep comments like that to yourself!

...Really?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

...Really?

And who are you? And what do you mean "really"?!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:34 pm

hydroblue777 wrote:
Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

...Really?

dude calm down! smoke some weed! take some heroin!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Kyuubit wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

Not all black people are African-American, you f*** racist.

Yeah, call them n***** instead because all black people are n*****

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:24 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Hadou
Currently Playing: Hella rpgs
Ay, I'm black...

Don't give a flying s*** about what others say about my race.

I actually laughed at the old SF2 intro, where there was a caption that read,
"Take that n*****!"
And the IRC chat, and...

oops, off topic thar.

Anyway, uhh...bad bio is bad.
Like me, you need practice.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 pm

hydroblue777 wrote:
Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

...Really?

I 'm just some stranger on the Internet taking this all in, who are you?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

...Really?

Well I'm new here. If you mean my name, then it's Hydroblue777, or you can just call me Hydro. Nice to meet you.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm

hydroblue777 wrote:
Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
Duex wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:
NDUESTRE wrote:
hydroblue777 wrote:

...Really?

Well I'm new here. If you mean my name, then it's Hydroblue777, or you can just call me Hydro. Nice to meet you.

Hi.

Well since It's on the subject I guess, I'll just my comments about your bio:
He's bland, unappealing, and seems lifeless.
Bio's aren't just about powers and image y'know. If you want a character to be believable you need to add a personality and a decent backstory.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Allow me to elaborate on what Deux said.
Rping isn't just about crushing your opponent, or even making a good fighting character. The real challenge is in the writing itself. You need to create a vivid, colorful character, and maybe even an entire universe to go with it. Try to flesh out as many aspects of the character's life as possible, not just things directly related to his powers. What kind of people does he hang around? Why does he like them? What are his hobbies? Family? Etc.
If you want, you can even create several bios for different characters. It helps to show the world your character lives in from other perspectives.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Wow, that was strangely helpful. I say strange because it's coming from you, KP. Have you been reading my thread..?

Anyway, yes. Crafting the story and personality is what's important since it's what we see most when he's in action. Appearance is the least significant aspect of a bio. Now, while his powers may be important, they're also just there to give him something to do besides talk. Most people can't stay paying attention to RP's that consist mostly of exposition and character development. That's why we have the little battles and fights, but it's all just filler. A good RP has a mix of fights and story elements while a great RP has little emphasis on fights but throws in tons of challenging puzzles and traps and interesting situations to test the heroes. You need someone who's more developed than a sandwich with a giant sword and big hair.

Also, black people are fun to make fun of because the ones we know don't care. It's not because we hate them, it's because we can.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 am

MGN Username: Hadou
Currently Playing: Hella rpgs
If thats the case, then how come nobody commented Reymi's race?

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Now, I actually want to help you out with this (whoa, that's odd!!), but it honestly seems like you put absolutely no effort into this as it is very bare bones. Where's his background? Why can he do the things he can, and how did he get that sword? Why is that sword so special? Is he of some nationality specifically or is he simply human? Does he live in a place where nationality does not matter? I could go on and on with these questions, and that is possibly the worst literary crime one could commit. Questions such as the above should not even have to be asked, and they should be answered in a way that leaves the reader satisfied yet still somewhat puzzled, as to allow them to fill in the blanks with their own mind.

I really feel no more need to write until I see effort laced into a sentence of this ghastly skeleton you're supposedly calling a character, and seeing as a sentence would be a quarter of what you've written down that wouldn't be all too difficult.

If you have no intent on getting better or anything of the sort, completely disregard me and go on merrily and obliviously.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Ok, thank you all for the info. I'll try again soon, though I don't really have time now. You guys will see that I've been trying to improve with my new bio, but, again, not immediately. Oh, and sorry to everyone that I got mad. If you did get mad of what I said then, sorry!!!

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
NDUESTRE wrote:
Kick N Wing wrote:
Guilty Magenta wrote:
5' 8" for a thirteen year old?

That's a little tall.

I was taller than that...

we're discussing people you f#%$& giraffe

But I was too and I have a certificate to prove I'm human.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 am
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next