The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:36 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus began to watch the sky as a thunderstrom began to form. She reached over and pulled up her hood. Just as she did it stopped no rain.She shot a confused look towards Dom as the radio Sprang back to life. Singing a unfamiliar tune.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The weather was going crazy. Briefly Alice recalled the powerful ghost in the apartment complex who was able to freeze the air. Whatever was causing all this must be very troublesome. Hearing approaching footsteps, she turned to find Brody rushing towards them. "Hello, Brody," She said. "What's the rush?"

Daniel examined the book tentatively. It had flipped open suddenly, and there was no telling what else it could do on it's own. Artes Sanguinis? It sounded like an Omnivident power. While the freshman had no idea what a Strigoi was, the idea of using blood as fuel for dark powers disturbed him. Still, it seemed to understand what he was looking for. He decided to probe for more information. "Show me magic... Please!" He said cautiously, quite nervous about making requests at this book.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:20 pm
YIM WWW

"Well, earlier today I hit a fairy in the face. Twice, actually." Tsubaki spoke casually as she put on the the water.

"The good news is that fairy is probably the scary monster you'll ever meet, and she's on our side." This second line was said as Tsubaki began setting two cups on a nearby tray.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm
Site Admin

Ericson Street

OOC: This assuming that Maximilian has already saved Mr. Run-into-the-street. When Ichigo posts he can mention his actions, etc

The trunk swerved to a stop though Maximilian had already saved the jogger who was rather confused as he could no longer see the child or the woman he had run to aid.

Evelyn had to admit, Logan's response was prompt and efficient. It made her feel an ounce more of trust and assurance in her peer, one other person whom she felt was actually competent. She did however feel hesitant about taking flight in the middle of public; Johnny on the other hand had no such qualms and summoned his weapon to stab the demon in the throat. Immediately her eyes widened as the encyclopedia-like monster archive in her mind was triggered, they were dealing with an Ementius. The first thing she thought was why there were so many demons in Darren City, and the second, that Johnny was probably walking into a illusionary trap.

"Johnny it's a trap!" she called out, and from behind him materialized the demon that he thought he had been attacking just seconds before. Despite her wisps having been on the fritz, as of her recent studies into her abilities, she conjured an orb of energy that seemed a tad brighter than usual, and fired it at the demon, hitting it in the shoulder of the arm that was raised to strike at Johnny.

The demon reeled backwards and turned towards Evelyn with a malevolent smile. “What’s this, another St. Augustine? “She said while licking her violet lips, “Word of your blood travels far and wide little one, and now, I have the opportunity to slay one of you whelps.”

“Let my name be known to you and your kind, abomination” spoke Evelyn coolly “Evelyn.” She created one of her wisps to which the demoness mocked with a snort. “Victoria” Once again the wisp took on a brighter shine than usual and seemed fairly unstable.

The demoness laughed at the conjuration, “Can’t even control your abilities yet? What are you, 14? A tad late for a-“

“St. Augustine” stated Evelyn completely unshaken. Those who could precisely follow what happened next saw Evelyn’s light wisp appearing to explode, or expand rapidly, blanketing the area in pure white light, blinding everyone except for the Omnivident children. “Now!” she yelled at the others who had been sent to take care of the creature “Get her while she’s blinded!” she summoned her glaive and rushed towards the demon.

The skeletal hyena and Logan were outside of the range of the bright light. Had he looked over to see what was going on, he would’ve seen the demon, Evelyn, Johnny and the rest of the group enveloped by a sharp light for a moment before it faded away leaving a thin haze around the group. It was as if they were enshrouded by some sort of fog that followed their movements. The skeletal hyena however seemed not to be concerned with anything beyond its prey. It laughed hysterically as it skipped into the alleyway between Burger Boom and the Laundry. There it sat down with its eyes glowing red in the dim light waiting for Logan to strike.

“Be thankful your friends are here” spoke the hyena menacingly “They shall pick up your remains before the rats do”

Scrap Yard

“Alice” spoke Brody as he grabbed her shoulder with his hands, completely disregarding Gregory’s presence. “I don’t know why, but I feel like you could be in trouble, and I don’t want anything to happen to you. You heard what Dean said earlier, weird stuff goes on in this town. If you’re going to check out that magnet like I think you are, you could be in danger or something….I don’t know”

He looked down at his feet as if he was mulling over what to say next, “Look, I know I may not have had the best reputation at Arclight Academy, but I saw things that you and that club of yours would do before I graduated. You and other people from that weird club always went to in the strangest places, graveyards, parks, warehouses….I don’t know what you do, and I’m not going to pry, but I just want you to be careful. I don’t want to see you in the hospital or anything.”

Library

The Librum Artium immediately shut itself in response to Daniel’s wish. However, one of the books suddenly fell from a bookshelf with a large “thud”. On closer inspection, the book was perhaps as old as the Librum Artium, though notably smaller and it lacked the aura the previous book had. Inscribed in gold letters across its cover were the words Librum Arcanae: Praecantatio.

The Artes Praecantationis are far less varied than the various abilities of the Omnivident: stareomancy, the magic of nature, theriomancy, the magic of beasts, somatomancy, the magic of the human body, pragamancy, the magic of objects, necromancy, the magic of the dead, and cleromancy, classical magic, such as runes.

The next page revealed a table of contents indicating the chapter focusing on each school of magic.

Sanctuary

Ms. Sullivan looked down to the ground sullenly, "Unfortunately, I have seen much worse...or so I believe, I can't really remember what happened to me," she shuddered "I just know...that...that some monster...and...I know...I know they're after me...I'll never be able to go home!" she sobbed.

Hospital

OOC: Waiting for Jin.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 pm

"Naka-nai de kudasai!" This outburst from Tsubaki was accompanied by a rather comical look of desperation. The one thing she promised not to do, she had done before tea was even ready. She made Ms. Sullivan upset.

In an attempt to remedy the situation Tsubaki dashed over to the crying (or almost crying) Tasha and attempted to rub her back. At the same time Tsubaki's subconscious began to record the woman's defining features, height, build, ect, and comparing them to some of the other Archive Club members. After a moment it sent a message to Tsubaki's conscious mind of a possible plan.

"Don't cry, its alright, I have a plan. I think." Tsubaki's expression eased back into a half-smile, yet still showed some concern. "Going home is exactly what we should have you do, the catch though, would be that we keep the real you right here, safe and sound. That make sense to you?"

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan could see exactly what happened and was frozen and half astonished and half terrified for his life. One that was most likely just saved. Only when Evelyn shouted he felt he had regained control of his body. Since he was behind it, he took his left billhook and slashed straight across it's torso.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Logan gave a c*** grin as he approached the cornered beast. He kept his armaments hidden, not wanting to play his hand too early, but he was beginning to wish that he'd had the foresight to bring some holy water with him. No matter.
"My, my." The Scot began. "I'd all but forgotten how arrogant ye infernal creeps could be."
He scratched his head nonchalantly, then continued. "Tell me, is running' around in broad daylight nae two blocks from Arclight Academy yer idea of a good time, or dae ye just have a death wish?"
Logan suppressed his urge to attack, hoping to glean some as much information as possible from his opponent, or at the very least, get it to flinch first.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian at first had no clue what to do, orders were given quickly and the next thing he knew, a demon was blinded by bright light and that Johnny kid had slashed the demon's torso. When the girl, Evelyn, shouted for them to go after her since she was blinded, Damian pulled out his axe and dashed at the demon. As he ran, he considered what to do as he had not faced a demon yet so he decided to act as if it was a person. When he was within feet of it, he raised his axe, and swung it down with all his might on the demon's neck in hopes of decapitating it.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li never enjoyed hospitals, they were a goldmine for spirits. Most of the time the spirits were harmless but there was the occasional odd one out. Hearing that Mr. Turner's room was a in a newer part was a huge relief for Li. As he entered the hospital room, he noticed Mr. Turner seemed to making a steady recovery which was always a good sign. Upon entrance, Li was greeted.

"Hello, my name is Li," he said while looking for a seat. He knew that Mr. Turner wouldn't know much about the paranormal side of the accident, but whatever details he knew would always be good details. "I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about the accident?"

The radio switches songs again. This time it had a much different tone to it, but still gave him an eerie feeling. Radio's don't switch like that on a dime so he knew something was strange about this, but wasn't sure what. By this time, Alice and another guy, probably from the scrap shop, showed up. Failing to piece together what was going on in his head, he turned to Alice for answers.

"Hey Alice? Any idea what the heck is going on?" he asked.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Lotus gave Dom a funny look ."I'm not Alice." She face-palmed as she turned around looking towards Alice.
Dot began to walk over to Alice. Dot faded out when she saw Brody (occ: sorry if i misspelled that). Lotus made a sad face as Dot vanished.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Daniel stared blankly at the book in front of him. There were all sorts of magic forms, apparently. Which one should I choose? He thought. For a second he sat in a sort of stupor, as the gears turned in his head. So far asking the book had worked for him, so why not do it again? "I was attacked by a man and a ghost about a year ago. The man used some sort of fireball spell. Show me that spell's category." With a bit of luck he would even find the key to translating that book.

"... Brody, I don't know what to say..." Alice said, her tone showing her embarrassment.. "But you should be worried about yourself. If it's as dangerous as you say, you need to get out of here. Go for a walk or something, we'll take care of it." If something was happening at the crane, they needed to get there fast before Lotus got herself killed. She pulled Gregory along with her until they found the two they were looking for. Just as Alice was about to shout at them, the radio switched on by itself.

"Hey Alice? Any idea what the heck is going on?" Dom spoke over the music.

"Don't you watch TV?!" She shot back. "This is what we came here for!"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus looked at Alice. "you mean..." She zoned out as she realized that Alice most likely meant a ghost. Lotus began to freak out a little as she jumped away from the magnet. She began to think of what to do if one appeared. "What to do? what to do?" She began to repeat. She normally doesn't freak out this much but she didn't know if her sword or Dot would hurt a ghost. Or if they could even touch it. She attempted to calm down by thinking about her family.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm
Site Moderator

Quickly running to the jogger's aid Maximilian pulled the man away from the fray before letting out a sigh of mixed relief and disapproval. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Maximilian shouted as he looked up at the man. "Couldn't ya' see the traffic coming?" the boy added sharply as he turned away trying to think of a way to get rid of the jogger quickly. "Honestly I have better things to do then throw myself into the streets trying to save a blind man! Just get out of here and go home before you toss yourself into more traffic." Maximilian backed away from the man before catching a glimpse of the white light Evelyn had created, he hoped it would be enough to blind the jogger as he ran back across the street to link up with his allies. Noticing quickly that Evelyn seemed to have fair control over the situation Maximilian seemed relieved that he might be able to avoid combat once more but quickly the boy spotted Logan who seemed to be squaring off against some unknown enemy. Maximilian took a moment to think about staying away from whatever Logan seemed caught up with but eventually decided against it and attempted to approach the area without alerting either Logan or the 'creature'.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 am
Site Admin

Ericson Street

The man was grateful, though he seemed extremely dazed, and stumbled back to the curb scratching his head in confusion. What had happened to the baby and the woman? Why did he feel the need to run out into oncoming traffic? Shaking his head, he was glad to be alive, though he seemed completely unable to see the battle that Evelyn, Johnny, and Damian were currently in, and walked by them unawares.

The demon seemed to regain her bearings after her temporal blindness subsided, though she was unpleasantly greeted with a slash in her back by Johnny's billhooks, subsequently followed by a great cleave of Damian's axe. The head fell to the ground with a shocked expression, while the body collapsed to the ground, and Evelyn hovered closer to inspect the remains. To their surprise they heard laughing and the expression of the disembodied head was animated.

"To think, slain by one called demon" spoke the head, "It appears the Arclight Regiment has built itself quite well this year. Perhaps another accident is in order"

"That's enough" commanded Evelyn as she stepped forward taking the silver chain from around her neck and holding a small silver crucifix in her hand facing the demon, "Apage!" she shouted.

The demon glared at the girl coldly and began to scream loudly as if feeling a mixture of both pain and anger as a cloud of red smoke erupted from the head and body as they disintegrated swirled into the sky and disappearing in a flash of light and a waft of sulfur. "I wonder where the other two went" questioned Evelyn as she put the crucifix back onto her neck and keeping it hidden under her blouse.

------------------------------------------

The skeletal creature smiled grimly revealing its gnarled teeth to the child. "Ah yes, you were the one who sent one of our brethren back home. She is very displeased with you, to say the least. I'll be sure to bring the remnants of your soul for her to gnaw on while she gathers enough power to return," it laughed hysterically "We had hoped that our pet project last year would hinder you, but you mortals are tenacious. Alas, those who actually knew anything are lost, so all was not in vain." the demon yawned and scratched its ear with it's skeletal hind legs "Are we done now? Or would you rather throw your puny butter knife in my head as well?" Once again the demon laughed hysterically at the boy.

Scrap Yard

Brody was torn, on one hand, Alice seemed to be very confident that she would be alright, while on the other hand, his gut was telling him that something very weird was going on. Taking a look at Alice once more, Brody sighed and shook his head.

"If something happens to you, I'm never going to forgive myself" he looked to the side, feeling mildly embarrassed "Just be careful" Looking over from Alice, to Gregory, to Lotus, and then Domenic, he couldn't believe that these, kids, would somehow fix things. Combing his fingers through his hair with a sigh he shrugged, "Well, I've got to get back to the shop before Dean founds out I've skipped out on him," he said while pointing his thumb back to the direction of the scrap shop, "It was nice seeing you again Alice, I'll have to stop by the school sometime and say hi again" and with that he turned and jogged back to the scrap shop.

Meanwhile, nothing strange had occurred since the radio had silenced itself.

Library

Excerpt wrote:
The magic of fire is an ancient practice allowing one to ignite the very air and control flames. Like most Western spells involving fire, incantations revolve around the use or conjugation of the word kendere. For example in order to summon a ball of fire one must say the magical incantation, "kenda". Control over this ball of fire is through will alone, however one must have a focused mind (see meditation exercises) in order to finely control its path.

Sanctuary
Tasha blinked vacantly, not quite understanding what the girl was trying to suggest, but it intrigued her. She smiled faintly and laughed softly as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "How do you intend to do that?" asked Tasha feeling a bit more lighthearted than she had earlier.

Hospital

"Oh sure!" stated Mr. Turner gruffly, "Such a polite young'n too, I'd be glad to talk to ya!" he fidgeted slightly as he sat up straighter and turned to face Li who was waiting patiently "So shoot, what do ya wanna know?"

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 pm

The radio was silent. Had the spirit lost it's nerve? "There's not a whole lot left to do at this point," Alice said to the others. "Let's take a look at the crane and radio for a moment. we probably won't find anything until we come back tonight, but you should still be careful." The silence was eery and the heavy feeling still hadn't returned. She took a tentative step toward the crane and studied the outside and the operator's cabin.

Daniel was pleased to see the book obey him. His eyes widened when he saw all the pages it had flipped through. "... This is a big book," He muttered. It would take him a long time to read the whole thing, time he couldn't spend sitting in the library. Shrugging his arms, he just picked the book up and hauled it back towards his room. Hopefully his roommate would be occupied by some mission long enough for him to learn at least a few spells.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 98  Next