The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I Challenge...Whoever you are! 

Location: The Dark World, currently sitting on my Throne, Waiting for someone good at brawl to fight me.
I'm entering with Shade. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16560
Location: A Large Arena with Pillars made of Ice towering over it and water 1 foot deep throughout the arena.
Restrictions:(Since I picked the Location, you can pick the Restrictions)
First Move:(You can pick)

I'M GOING TO BE ALL OF THE DRAGONS

Last edited by Shade on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Greetings Shade, and I accept your challenging challenge. I would like to enter with a new character I've been experimenting with.

Name: Veo
Height: 5'11
Weight: 143 lbs
Build: Slim
Abilities: Foresight (self-explanatory)
Powers: Energy in the form of blasts, tendrils, etc.
Backstory: WIP
Appearance: WIP: Red and white sleeveless shirt and long black pants. Spiky brown hair and green eyes. Wears shades. Red armband on right arm.
Personality: Remote and isolated. Very open with friends.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Location: The Dark World, currently sitting on my Throne, Waiting for someone good at brawl to fight me.
ok so restrictions and who gets the first move?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 pm

OOC: You take first move.
Restrictions: No spawn camping. Just kidding. No restrictions.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 am

As Shade walks into the freezing arena, hail begins to fall slowly and he sees a referee standing in the center. My opponent isn't here yet? Shade thought to himself. Where is my opponent, or do I win by default? Shade asked the referee. Are you blind? He's walking in. the referee answered with an obvious attitude. The match between Veo and Shade will now begin. The referee disappears with those words and a sharp noise in the air, the match had begun.

Shade draws his black sword.I guess I better finish this quickly. Shade thought. In not even a second, Shade is in front of Veo and slashes his sword, instantly, Veo dodges and shoots out a tendril. Shade blocks the blow with his sword and is pushed back. You have quite good reflexes now don't you? Shade said as he disappeared to the top of an Ice Pillar. Shade puts away his black sword and takes out his blue one. Tell me if this feels cold. The Sword Glows blue as Shade begins to swing it but a giant piece of hail hits the sword and stops the swing.Tsk. This is gonna be annoying...

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 pm

OOC: Um, quick question... Are you new to RPing?

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
Nate wrote:
OOC: You take first move.
Restrictions: No spawn camping. Just kidding. No restrictions.

*Ahem*
He mighta considered that he can move your character on the chessboard, although it's your piece.

You're slipping, Nate.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm

OOC: Damn, you're right. :facepalm:
I thought those things like god-modding and character controlling were a given. But really, how can I slip if I'm at the bottom to begin with?

IC: As Veo stepped into the arena, he saw that his opponent had already arrived.
Hope I'm not late. He thought dismissively. There was another person there as well, apparently a judge of some sort. Veo took a calculative glance at his surroundings. The arena, though admittedly odd, seemed somewhat simple. It was perfectly round, sporting a number of pillars that appeared to be conceived of ice. Hail pelted the ground around his feet. There was a terrible chill, though there was a foot deep pool of water along the floor. That would restrict movement on the ground. How the water kept from freezing, he didn't know, nor did he need to know. Next up was his opponent, a slender man donning a bold array of clothes, consisting of white armor over a dark robe. He carried a number of swords.
Before Veo had time to take in any more details, the referee suddenly disappeared, leaving only him and his opponent in the battle area. The battle begins quickly.
Veo has a flash. He can see his enemy leaping forward and taking a swipe with his sword, drawing blood from Veo's mid-section. Suddenly, he's back in reality, seeing the exact same thing, only this time, he's expecting it. He side-steps the slash and, without a second thought, sends a stream of energy to assault the man, who easily knocks it away with his sword. Suddenly, he disappears, leaving Veo to ponder exactly where he went.
No matter. He thought. The next time he tries to attack, I'll see it coming.

Last edited by Nate on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:50 pm

OOC: This is my first time RPing in a Forum, it feels awkward since I basically have to wait Hours for a Reply

There is no way he can dodge this. Shade thought. Even if he does I'll find out how he dodges
Shade appears in front of Veo and Slashes his sword Diagonally drops his sword mid-swing, switching hands, and slashes again.Samidare! Veo dodged the first blow, but his body couldn't move fast enough to dodge the second strike completely, thus leading to a minor cut. You're pretty good. Shade told him as he flipped backwards and held his sword vertically. Your ability to dodge is as superior as my Gofuu Juuu, probably even better. But you can't win this match only by dodging.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:12 pm

The strange thing about viewing the future is that every time you look into it, you see something different because of what you've learned.
Veo saw the attack before it was coming, but he also knew that he would not be able to evade it entirely unscathed. Shade's first slash passed a mere hair away from his arm. The second strike opened a small wound along his ribs. Veo smirked as his opponent talked. When he finished, Veo replied,
"You're right. I'm done toying around. Prepare for the real battle."
As soon as he was finished speaking, Veo sent a shaft of energy lancing toward Shade's chest. Taking a random guess as to where Shade would try to dodge to, he also shot another to his right.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Shade stood his ground and blocked most of the hit but the rest cut his Robe and fractured his armor. This is my favorite robe! Now you've done it.
Shade draws out a red sword and holds it in his left hand.I've been pretty nice with you but I think this will take a long time if I don't show you my real power. Shade jumps onto one of the Ice Pillars and stabs it with the Red Sword. The Ice begins to melt.

As the Ice finishes melting there are platforms of ice to stand on and there is now 30 ft of water. Shade then stabs the water with the blue sword, making a thin layer of Ice over the water, barely strong enough to hold the two contestants. I hear that ocasionally there are large pellets of hail that break the Ice Pillars in this arena, better hope they aren't going to show up today.
Shade points his hand at Veo as a black orb shoots out at him.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Veo saw the orb coming way ahead of time. This would be a simple matter of dodging. However, as he tried to step to the side, he slipped on the slick ice. He fell and his arm went through the layer of ice into the freezing water. Temporarily imobilized, he had no way of dodging the orb, so he presses himself to the ground as hard as he could without breaking the ice. He avoided most of the damage, but the black sphere skimmed his back, incinerating a part of his shirt as well as some of his skin. Veo seized the moment to yank his arm free of the water and counter attack. He shot a disk of energy, not at Shade, but at the ground under his feet.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 am

As the Ice broke Shade fell into the freezing water. Wow this water really is.....cold... Shade thought. Shade grabbed the tip of the red sword and gave himself a very shallow cut in his chest. His body began to stay warm under the water. He cut a sphere in the water around him with the Blue sword as the water disappeard in a sphere form around him allowing him to breathe. He takes out his other two swords and puts them on his feet. He stabed the Ice around Veo and flipped the Ice over. When Shade got to the top of the Ice he didn't notice that most of the Ice had melted. You weren't supposed to melt the Ice. But I guess it can't be helped The spectator said. 4 Holes appeard in the sides of the Arena and poured thousands of Pounds of Salt into the Water, allowing you to step ontop the water. Now get to fighting and stop melting those pillars, a fight underwater isn't very entertaining when you can't see anything. Drat, I was planning on killing him underwater. Shade thought.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Even with his power of foresight, Veo was still caught off guard by Shades next move, cutting the ice around his feet and flipping it over. Now he was under the water, Shade was on top, and the water was very, very cold. Knowing that hypothermia was a constant threat, Veo had to act fast, but before he could think of anything, a voice boomed through the stadium. It was muffled though, and he couldn't make out the words. Then he saw what was coming. He closed his eyes and shut his mouth as tight as possible as tons of sand rained down on the arena. The ice and water around him quickly dissolved. Now he had merely to get out. Veo blasted his way through the surface of the salt then tried to climb up quickly, but the sand caved back in before he could make it all the way out of the hole, leaving his lower body buried in salt.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Well that was funny, I can't really say anything about this. But I guess I might as well help you out
Shade was standing on the tip of the swords on his feet. He jumped infront of Veo and Lifted him out the Salt and jumped back as to not be countered. Being nice to people usually doesn't benefit me, but I'd rather not kill someone buried in salt. Now lets go, you're making this match drag out and I have something to do.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:50 pm
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next