The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:33 am

[ 14 posts ] 
Zelda's Match-Up 

For me ok ? Zelda 1st

Bad MUs :

:lloyd: 35-65 ( One of the best characters in the story )

zerosuitsafe 40-60

:naruto: 40-60

:marth: 45-55

Even MUs :

:sheik: 50-50

:ichigo: 50-50

:link: 50-50

:pikachu: 50-50

:fox: 100-0 While we're at it

Good MUs :

:metaknight: 55-45

:donkeykong: 55-45 ( Up-spé absolutely infamous(2011)

:tails: 58-42 ( F-spé no comment )

:sora: 58-42 ( 3ds online : jump and u win )

:captainfalcon: 60-40

:yoshi: 60-40

:goku: 60-40

:blackmage: 60-40

:bomberman: 60-40 ( Bomb's hitbox... ok )

:kirby: 62-38

:samus: 65-35

:ness: 65-35

:peach: 65-35

:mario: 65-35

:chibirobo: 65-35

:megaman: 67-33

:sonic: 70-30 ( You make my head spin! )

:wario: 70-30 ( Disgusting! )

:jigglypuff: 70-30 chaunch<3

Last edited by Emma on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:05 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Zelda beats naruto and loses to bomberman

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:55 am
YIM

IMO (assuming both players are even in skill and really, really good)
40-60 Marth
40-60 Fox
BM closer to even if you play lame
C0 says Tails annhilates Zelda. I thought it was somewhat close to even but idk tails tbh
MK beats Zelda
55-45 over Pika
Mario 60-40
and what shine said

Main: Maindentity crisis
Secondaries: :fox: (might pick up as main) :link:
Pockets: :goku: (might pick up as main) :lloyd: :megaman: :marth: :ichigo:
For Fun: :falco: :captainfalcon: :peach: :gameandwatch: :jigglypuff:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 am

For BBM
If it's a bbm : who spam bombs, wait for combo, throws throws throws...
Yes!
It's very annoying for zelda

-
For Bm,tails : 50-50 MU (lag only)

Lag is terrible for all...
but i'm sure some characters suffer more than others

Last edited by Emma on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Helios wrote:
IMO (assuming both players are even in skill and really, really good)
40-60 Marth
40-60 Fox
BM closer to even if you play lame
C0 says Tails annhilates Zelda. I thought it was somewhat close to even but idk tails tbh
MK beats Zelda
55-45 over Pika
Mario 60-40
and what shine said

Zelda beats tails bc she outpriorituzes everything he can do. Kicks also beat out side b.

Mk loses hard to zelda. She outranges him, combos him, and kills him super early. He can't do anything to her.

Fox and marth do beat zelda tho.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:49 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
lol naruto

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:15 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:bomberman: = 65-35 | If he sticks with his game plan, he's hit-and-run trap character that Zelda can't keep up with. Din's is too slow and you have to hard-read his movement if you want an accurate hit. And you have slow defensive options to deal with his full-stage whiff punish coverage that is bombs. You're also pretty doomed with recovery; the Bomberman will always be free to cover one teleport position while small bombs can cover other. Then he just hit-confirms for damage into a Fair/Bair you off-stage and repeat. The best thing you have is just play neutral until you can get in safely. Try to confirm into grab. The only is the MU Zelda truly loses because Sheik struggles just as hard to make any ground in this match-up.

:lloyd: = 60-40 | It's not too hard and manageable to play against Lloyd. It's more just having smart neutral because Lloyd's ability to approach isn't super great, while approaching Nayru does a good job of bypassing his BS. He still dies easily to weight/recovery and hitting him a Din's while he's recovering can really put him a poor position to not make it back. He still combos you easily, out-ranges you in attacks overall, and can zone with Demon-Fangs, so your really should use Sheik in this MU.

:marth: = 55-45 | Pretty similar to Lloyd but easier. His range is a bit annoying for neutral, but if you correctly use Nayru to approach to chip Marth, you can confirm into a follow-up. Marth also averagely dies at 60-70% in this MU, so even if it's a little tough to approach as Zelda, you don't have to work too much to get him to kill range. At the end of my serious time using her, it felt more like 50-50, but I'll give it to Marth slightly because I really only played the MU for about month until dropping her. Sheik is still way better at this MU though.

:pikachu: = 50-50 to winning for :zelda: | Not much to say. Just tame the pace of neutral and don't get random'd out by pika mash.

:zerosuitsamus: = 40-60 | The only one I can't describe very well. Kyoz being the only Zamus, it took me awhile to learn how well Zelda does against her because if felt like there wasn't enough data. The main thing was thing is Nayru, it nullifies mostly any character's attempt to control the neutral-game from Zelda and I went months with never using it. On-top of that, just knowing Zamus' range and using Din and Naryu to coverage multiple spacing positions from Zamus. You can full-jump approach with Din's detonation ground-cancel while you immediately going to Fair or Nayru to both pressure and react to any attempt to punish. Zamus is also very vulnerable to throw follow-ups to Uair. You can prevent ledge-stall attempts with Nayru to fall by the ledge to cover and. I think the best way to play is to safe with Bairs and keep going for attacks that go into Uair for that's the safest confirm Zelda has on Zamus.

:naruto: = 35-65 | Nayru > Dsmash badly beats Naruto. And his weight makes him easy to combo. He also has slow getup and tech-rolls, so if you stay aware of his ukemi options, he's vulnerable to a free Dsmash which just rocks him off-stage. Then make a conversion off his s*** recovery.

:donkeykong: = 30-70 | Big target and long vulnerable limbs to Lightning-Kick sweet-spot and other disjoint moves. Down-Throw-chains, Up-tilt is very easy to confirm. Can be put in awful recovery positions were he can be either gimped by sourspot Dair or Dtilt by the ledge almost everytime.

:fox: = 20-80 | You could literally put 20% effort and still beat the best Fox player. Easy and long juggles into Lightning-Kick kill-confirms. Chain-grabs that can do 60%+. And Down Smash destorys this MU. You catch a Fox with when he's not DI'ing and he can die at 40% because of the poor recovery position he'll be in; that very predictable and easy to cover recovery. Fox gets thrashed.

Everyone else is free.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 pm

:bomberman: It's possible. (I know nothing of this character)

:donkeykong: A very well used (D-tilt, up-tilt, up-spec for counter) can explode zelda
(60-40 limit (for me)

:fox: 80-20... Image Father, forgive me, I don't know what i say.

Naruto 40-60 Because, I don't like it

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Fox-Zelda wakes me up at night with horrendous dreams of anger and sorrow, but it's not 80-20, 65-35 at worst. You still have Fox's guaranteed combos into utilt -> uair or usmash.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:16 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No way. It's incredibly horrible. There's little progression Fox can make in the MU when Zelda beat out all of his moves in neutral and can 0-to-death him off even the smallest confirm. She has Smash-64 like combos on him where his DI is easy to follow or doesn't matter. Literally any mistake Fox makes could lead to his death against a good Zelda.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:02 am

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
80-20 is... 80-20. Short of zero-death chaingrabs or other unbeatable strategies, it's really hard to get a matchup like that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate the matchup: Zelda really has the tools to beat Fox in neutral and the punish game. But Fox does have dash-dancing and speed, and he can punish mistakes with a little damage. I guess it's really more of a nomenclature dispute than a matchup dispute, but whatevs.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:42 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Can agree, tho campy zelda does better at punishin BM than he does to her, sometimes the mu feels 65-35 for Zelda, other times its 6-4

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:48 am

:zerosuitsamus: ?

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:59 pm
 [ 14 posts ]