The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 am

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Best and worst stages per character 

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
If this goes into the Stage discussion thread, or another subforum please do whatever you would normally do with redundant threads

So, i decided to take my online cruelty to another level and see which stages I could counterpick for my own benefit. Example, I was facing a MM online, and had picked Shadow Moses rather than another early stage. I realized Fox was really good there, good to the point that I let him kill me 3 times, and still took his 4 stocks because even with only 10% teching, I lived to about 320% before killing him, and at one stock, he got me to 500% before i spammed usmash on place for a while to get the idea in his head that he needed to kill me vertically. Also I'm going to a mini tourney, And I use 3 different characters and would like to know what to do.

For the sake of me and anyone else who cares, would it be possible to list stages that you know are the best and worst per character? It'd be 4 stages per character: 1 best, 1 best legal, 1 worst, and 1 worst legal. Even better, put ina 1-2 sentence explanation, unless it's blindingly obvious (Central Highway+Jigs airgame, Shadow Moses + No side smashes,Vertical kills only, tech destiantion).

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:09 pm

MGN Username: SuperMagikarp
Currently Playing: Dem Mind Games.
I can name you some combos. DK is really good with Battlefield. He is protected from aerials because of the platforms, meaning if you wanna fight, you gotta do it face to face. Green Naruto is cruel on the Crateria stage. When Naruto uses his Rising Kunai Slash, his clones can become well hidden in the grass. They are invisble, so the other play will have to watch his step, or he will take damage and be temporarily stunned. I call this Camo Clone. You can also charge up his rasengan while sheltering from the acid rain. In mini mode, Green Jigglypuff is invisble behind the grass on this stage, but is reliable for 3-4player only. With this technique, when people get close, you can use Jigglpypuff's rest attack. Link, Samus, ZS Samus, and Lloyd are also very good here. Peach is surprsingly OP on Chaos Shrine, but you must be good with her to manipularte this. I can tell you more combinations if you want to. KARP SAVES LIVES.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
SuperMagikarp wrote:
I can name you some combos. DK is really good with Battlefield. He is protected from aerials because of the platforms, meaning if you wanna fight, you gotta do it face to face. Green Naruto is cruel on the Crateria stage. When Naruto uses his Rising Kunai Slash, his clones can become well hidden in the grass. They are invisble, so the other play will have to watch his step, or he will take damage and be temporarily stunned. I call this Camo Clone. You can also charge up his rasengan while sheltering from the acid rain. In mini mode, Green Jigglypuff is invisble behind the grass on this stage, but is reliable for 3-4player only. With this technique, when people get close, you can use Jigglpypuff's rest attack. Link, Samus, ZS Samus, and Lloyd are also very good here. Peach is surprsingly OP on Chaos Shrine, but you must be good with her to manipularte this. I can tell you more combinations if you want to. KARP SAVES LIVES.

Crateria is an incredibly situational pick. If a stage is dependent on costume, then it doesn't count as a "best stage".

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:39 am

CSWooly wrote:
SuperMagikarp wrote:

Crateria is an incredibly situational pick. If a stage is dependent on costume, then it doesn't count as a "best stage".

It is not really dependent on the costume. Naruto clones can be well hidden without the green costume, I simply stated that it is best to have a costume so the clones have a decreased chance of being seen. I cannot argue with on the Jigglypuff one however. KARP SAVES LIVES.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
My favorite (one I will switch to Marth to do even though he's really a secondary) is Marth on WarioWare. Tipper are guaranteed on the platforms from tech-chases and kill very early, opponents have problems with mobility because platforms get in their way but not the Falchion's way, recovery is easy on the stage, combos are plentiful, etc., etc.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:47 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Warioware should be renamed to "Kongware".

FD/3DS might be wide stages, but in general Falcon doesn't like these stages because he doesn't have access to platforms for mobility, and he is susceptible to chaingrabs/juggles so the platforms get him out of trouble. He also gets great mileage out of platform techchases, which also do not exist on either FD or 3DS.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Warioware should be renamed to "Kirbyware".

ftfy

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 pm

MGN Username: Epicsteve2
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem, Trail in the Sky 3, Golden Sun
Waifu: you're mom
DK is also really good at Dreamland, Yoshi's story, Battlefield, and WarioWare Inc. U-tilt to U-air. Flat stages are bad for DK because he could be juggled easily

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:08 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Gosick wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Warioware should be renamed to "Marthware".

ftfy

Real FTFY.

WarioWare should be banned just for how stupidly it swings match-up odds.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:46 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
one of falcon's best stage is definitely Mirror Chamber

Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Blaxorus
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
sky sanctuary zone is amazing for sonic
i can't even think of reasons why it'd be bad for him lol
tails on the other hand hates this stage

secondaries: :tails: :lloyd:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:04 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Bomberman on WarioWare
Kreygasm

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Ironic how WarioWare is one of Wario's worst stages. Lotta chars can rekt him on that stage, and Wario can't do much due to lack of range, and Shoulder Bash being super super super risky.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
WRXJoey wrote:
Bomberman on WarioWare
Kreygasm

Agreed. So much mobility, so much explosion! I also think ToS is one of BBM's best maps since the platforms provide extra recovery option, making him much harder to gimp. Since gimping recovery is one of the most reliable ways of KOing BBM, he's a real pain here.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:46 am

Huey wrote:
WRXJoey wrote:
Bomberman on WarioWare
Kreygasm

Agreed. So much mobility, so much explosion! I also think ToS is one of BBM's best maps since the platforms provide extra recovery option, making him much harder to gimp. Since gimping recovery is one of the most reliable ways of KOing BBM, he's a real pain here.
I think Bomberman could also be very good on Crateria IMO. He could very easily set traps that would be very hard to avoid.

Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 pm
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next