The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 am

[ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Your SSF2 Mode Ideas (Read the OP before posting) 

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Obvious Mode - Background will be a solid color, and stage/platforms will be a contrasting solid color.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Smashketball - Basically 2D basketball with a basketball that you need to dunk. The basketball receives the same knockback trajectories as normal fighters and can be grabbed. Attacks don't deal any damage and only base knockback however.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:52 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Sunset Mode: All characters and parts of the stage become darkened, while the Background shows a beautiful sunset. (Not sure if this should apply to all levels, Bomb Factory woulld look weird but awesome at the same time if the stage was outdoors)

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 am

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
S.S.C Mode: Smash Survival Challenge-(Like a mix between Adventure mode and Multiman Melee) A mode where you select a character, then are taken to a random starting stage. You fight a mix between shadows and alloys, and are allotted a total of 300 HP. The Damage ratio to opponents per stage is pretty obvious here... (x2.0= 20 opponents as 0.5= 5 opponents.) You start off with the 20 opponents, then eventually, as you pass each stage, they will get very hard to the 5 opponents. Once you defeat all of the said opponents of the current stage, you face off with the character that the stage represents. (Ex. Sonic to Green hill zone). (Not a Character suggestion, but could open up to be an unlockable character mode, like Simon Belmont to Draculas Castle.... :colonthree: :arrow: :sweat: ) They will start off with 100 HP, then eventually will rise to 300 HP, too. Once you defeat them, you are given a maxim tomato, then you are advanced to the next stage. When you defeat 5 stages, you can go to a save checkpoint that restores All Hp (one time hp restore per checkpoint!). When you reach the final opponent of the mode, which will take place on Battlefield, you will fight all of the end of stage opponents one by one, each with 300 HP. When you defeat 3 opponents, you are given a heart container (100 HP boost). When you beat them all, you will get an energy tank and advance through a door, to find out that you will be transported to final destination, where you will fight Master Hand, and Crazy Hand ( both with 500 HP). When you finally defeat them, your score will be tallied up. (When you lose all hp, the game is over, and your score is tallied.)
Score system
Your score per opponent k.o'd is 100 points.
Smash Attack Finish: +50 points
Dodging: +10 (only if you dodge a direct attack, not a specific player.)
Projectile reflecting k.o.: +100
Final smash finish( end of stage boss item only): +150
End of stage boss. + 300 points.

Endless A"blazing" Race Mode(Stadium):(Is a 4 Player mode)(Can be played online as a Free for all/ Co-op mode) See how long you can and far you can travel before you get scorched by the inferno. You play as Peach, Mario, (Luigi if made unlockable), or Yoshi, and you travel inside Bowser's castle. You'll have to dodge lava pools, breakthrough thwomps, lava balls, and bullet bills. You will also find opponents on the way, such as Koopas, Giant goombas, and, Lakitus. You have to defeat some of these opponents when you reach the room at the end of each obstacle section. You have a damage counter, and a distance counter pointing behind you showing how many feet you have until the lava reaches you. The stage will get tougher, as the obstacle will get more difficult, and as the opponents will get harder to K.O., therefore decreasing the amount of time the lava has to catch up with you. When you reach certain obstacles, you have to rapidly attack them to breakthrough them and make progress. Your score is the distance you travelled before you got scorched. You can also collect coins for certain items to drop along the way and possible unlocks......
Possible Items:For EVERY 100 coins. Star invincibility for 10 secs. (Cant be hurt by CHASING lava tsunami unless they cant escape it when the invincibilty is up, walks on the lava pool, and goes through anything other than the obstacles. Also runs faster and jumps higher)
Only once 150 coins: Gains an extra life.
250 coins: Rides on a bullet bill to advance 100 ft ahead of the lava.
A randomly large amount of coins needed to unlock mario based characters only. (like luigi and bowser, if planned) You could face them after you die in the castle.

Well thats all for now! Feedback is wanted, and one question for the devs.

Are all the game modes already picked? If they arent, is there any chance that a fan requested game mode might get added if it gets enough support? And if they are, could you make a downloadable fan made mode if it gets enough likes?

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:00 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Final Fantasy 5
Ultimate Random Mode: The only thing that can be set by the players is the number of human players.
Random Number of CPUs. Random CPU strength.
Random number of stocks and/or time
Random stage.
Random palette swaps.
Random choice between team match and free for all.
If team match, random teams.
Random items on.
Random item frequency.
Random special modes added in.
Random damage ratio
Random starting damage.
And of course, random characters.

After each match, the game tells you what settings were used in the battle.

It'd be ridiculously interesting to play something like this, because you have absolutely no idea what each match will bring, and you'll need to adapt to the flow of each battle, because each battle will be.... random. :smug:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
I would like to see Pro mode and Casual mode.

Pro mode - No items, tourney stages, all characters except anime ones (and Donkey Kong).

Casual mode - Items, all stages, only anime characters (and Donkey Kong).

:P

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I would like to see Pro mode and Casual mode.

Pro mode - No items, tourney stages, all characters except anime ones (and Donkey Kong).

Casual mode - Items, all stages, only anime characters (and Donkey Kong).

:P

wtf

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:05 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Meyguhmein wrote:
Smashketball - Basically 2D basketball with a basketball that you need to dunk. The basketball receives the same knockback trajectories as normal fighters and can be grabbed. Attacks don't deal any damage and only base knockback however.

This is the best Idea ever.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
RemPrower wrote:
Meyguhmein wrote:

That's a genius idea.
A basket-ball or sport-type game where you hit a items-like and character-like ball into a small area to get points. That would be wicked fun, especially with 2-on-2 players.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Zalozis wrote:
RemPrower wrote:
Meyguhmein wrote:

That's a genius idea.
A basket-ball or sport-type game where you hit a items-like and character-like ball into a small area to get points. That would be wicked fun, especially with 2-on-2 players.

I do quite like this idea. But I'm a bit confused/worried as to how it would work, especially for free-for-alls. Would each player/team get their own goal, or would they all share the same goal (possibly hovering above the center of the stage) and the player/team that puts it in gets the point? I'd prefer having my own goal, to be honest. But sharing the same goal is more likely as it's easier to implement with fair play.

Then there's the issue of the stage you're playing on. Not all stages are symmetrical, so having goals on opposite sides would give an unfair advantage to one of the players/teams with the goal in the most ideal location. This makes having goals on opposite sides of the stage even more undesirable. Which is unfortunate, because I like that sort of playstyle when it comes to sports.

But that aside, here's one of my ideas:
Stage-Swap Mode: At regular intervals (or random, I personally don't have a preference), fighters are sucked into a wormhole and then transported to another random stage (which are limited to stages you have selected under "Random Stage Switch") with any damage, held items, or status effects carried over. When transported, the fighters all start in the same positions they would normally start in when a battle begins (except instead of their regular entrances, just show them coming out of wormholes). This persists until the battle is over and a victor is declared.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:12 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
2 goals on 2 sides. I haven't thought too much about stages, but I think a way to fix is that stages would get extra forms that are always symmetrical (think of the FD forms in Smash 4). That, or only symmetrical stages can be used.
Also, there will only be side "blastlines" right after each goal, but only the ball is affected: the ball disappears and then a new ball is spawned in the middle of the stage.
But then again I don't know anything about basketball (or any sports) so I don't know about the basketball-side of the rules.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 am

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
Pain mode: You tae 1% every second
Blessing mode: You heal 1% a second
Projectile mode: All attacks count as projectiles( reflectable, don't cause hitstun to user)
Electric: all attacks are energy based
Inferno: all attacks are fire-based
Graveyard: all attack bury meteor smash.
Gimp mode: Specials give no momentum.
Item mode: You can only do damage or knockback with items. all itmes are on, and spawn rate is double of High.
Gravity mode: gravity, fall speed, and weight per character double.

Meter mode: each character has a meter that goes up by one every 15% taken, and maxes out at 10. Double tapping special at any point until 10 will increase damage, knockback, weight, general speed by 10% per level. level ten will be as if you hti a smash ball. Smash ball will max out the meter when broken..

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Meyguhmein wrote:

I suppose that the stages for smashketball will be custom made symmetrical stages with varying obstacles and backgrounds to make it challenging? I also suppose that there would be two goals for 2v2, and one goal for games like 1v1, 1v1v1 and etcetera As for the rules, I wont takeover your idea ( I wont help you unless it's desired)

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:54 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
smashyflashy wrote:
Meyguhmein wrote:

I suppose that the stages for smashketball will be custom made symmetrical stages with varying obstacles and backgrounds to make it challenging? I also suppose that there would be two goals for 2v2, and one goal for games like 1v1, 1v1v1 and etcetera As for the rules, I wont takeover your idea ( I wont help you unless it's desired)

that's a perfect idea, but if its done I think they would make a custom stage for it( similar to home run contest). Also if the goals was floating rings it would make it harder to get in the ball in the goal. it'll be like a 2d Mario hoops.

I think a better name for it would be Smash Hoops.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:17 pm

A deeper training mode- Just what it says. It needs like practice missions, like how to punch kick and move, how to shield, and how to do advanced techniques, like air dodging and perfect shielding ,maybe 15 or 20 of these missions will get someone used to ssf2. You could unlock new missions by completing the previous ones and maybe even unlock the art of the Shffl. You would fight against sandbag at first then at the ends if each technique you could try then out on someone . Maybe a reward for completing it once would be the waiting room, also the training room, and sandbag as an item, and for completing it with everyone (starters), you could unlock a character? idk

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:19 pm
 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next