The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi was disappointed that the tiger girl was so hostile. She probably didn't know he didn't have her name in the first place and he was just using a temporary designation but it must have been offensive.

"I do not believe we were ever introduced so I was forced to find something to call you temporarily. I did not mean to insult," he replied and bowed slightly, "I am 3rd year Adi Shuresha Singh, may I have your full name later then tiger girl Lotus?"

In retrospect he probably should have just dropped the usage of tiger girl entirely but he was at a loss why he wouldn't. Nicknaming wasn't going to be a habit now is it? Behind him, he could hear juniors Veres and St. Augustine talking. The former seemed more motivated and the latter was seriously doubting him. Adi recalled that Veres wasn't really in any position to act at all last mission so perhaps that is why he is motivated. That and St. Augustine was getting rather uppity again. She was just a big ball of impatience he thought as he briefly turned to his group. There were four so far.

"Junior Douglas, take those three," he nodded towards juniors Rickheight, St. Augustine and Veres, "and perform reconnaissance of the surrounding area. If you must, greet Ms. Ignianus and inform her that we are on the case, but what I really want is information regarding entrances, exits and potential routes in out of the building. You have until Saturday night but the sooner you get this information the faster we can proceed to the next part of the investigation. I'll be here if anyone else wants to join in our little mission but you have ways of contacting me anyway."

After his little spiel he addressed junior Douglas directly.

"You're in charge so play it safe. If things go pear-shaped it's all on your head. No pressure or anything."

Turning back to the rest, "Well if you don't have any questions then get to it."

If anything, he personally wanted to go but he still needed to talk to Alice and requisition information on the newcomers.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:56 am

Logan responded to Adi's instructions with a nervous grin. The upperclassman had a way of making the simplest tasks seem as if they were a matter of life and death. He turned to the three who had been placed so suddenly in his charge.
"So, I guess we'll be leaving soon? Then again, we do have all of Saturday and Sunday to do these missions as well, though the sooner the better and all that." Said Evelyn in her usual detached manner.
"Sounds about right." Logan responded. "Nae time like the present. What say ye we all go right now and get this out of the way?"

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:10 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan could tell this was going to be fun. In addition to having a dedicated Veres, feeling he needs to prove himself, the group had been divided and it was just the four of them doing recon. "Yeah, let's get this done." He said, trying to keep the eagerness out of his voice. He hoped that this mission would go a bit smoother than his first one, he was glad no serious injuries happened, but they wouldn't have made it out if it wasn't for Miss Rachel. Even though the first task is simple, anything could happen and turn sour quickly.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
She looked at Adi then pronounced in her usual confidnt manner "I'm Lotus, Lotus Marie Acula. I just don't want to be treated any differently than I was before. I just found out like an hour ago I was omni....omi....special." She thought for a little."Can I go to my room before we head out?" This question was directed towards Alice. She had remembered a sword her father had given her. He had said it was special, So she believed it would help her.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Phora's face lit up when she heard Tsubaki give the pixie permission to hit her. With as much strength as her little arm could muster she punched the poor girl straight in the face. Alice's jaw dropped, even though this was about what she expected from her totem. "You little s***!" She said angrily as she grabbed Phora by the hair. This only served to amuse the creature more, and she vanished again while laughing maliciously. "I'm soooo sorry!" Alice said. "Next time she pops up I'm going to give her a mouthful of pesticide." It probably didn't hurt very much, but still the senior looked ashamed. "Please don't be mad! But I have to go!" She was too busy to do anything for her. She was too busy to have Phora punching people in the face, come to think of it.

Adi was giving directions to the other students. It suddenly hit her how juvenile she was being earlier. While it didn't seem to be bothering him a whole lot, she felt the need to apologize to him later. At this rate she would owe a debt to everyone in the club.

Lotus requested that she stop by her room before leaving. Did she need to get something? This reminded Alice that the newcomers still needed weapons. There wasn't really time to train them in their use but it was better than throwing them to the dogs empty-handed. "Sure, anyone who needs to go grab something, now is a good time to do it. All of you who don't have a weapon yet, step forth and we'll visit my favorite room."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Fiona

"Guess I'm going to the Mystorium!" Fiona exclaimed, joining that group. She didn't know how to use her chains correctly, and Alice's talk about the magnet might be a problem. "Oh that reminds me," she faced Lotus, and placed her hand on her shoulder, smiling. "You're my new roommate! Wanna go together?"

Gregory

"I'll take the scrapyard mission then." Gregory said. "Although I'll need something in my room before we go, it won't take long." he jogged before anyone could answer. He didn't like the use of weapons, although his baseball bat was useful since he could carry nearly anywhere without suspicion.

((Better something than me delaying it for several more days))

Last edited by Green Mage on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Lotus looked at Fiona," Sure you can come with me. Although i'm not sure where the rooms are. All i know is that my bags were put in it." She was happy fiona offered to help because she probably would have gotten lost in the huge school.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm
Site Admin

ooc: all new members choose your weapons, and we'll move on to our investigations/ Tsubaki interacting with Ms. Sullivan.

"Looks like Scotts is in charge" Evelyn said, patting him on the shoulder and flying towards the door back to the school level, and she levitated up the steps out of sight.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 pm
Site Moderator

Fiona

"Don't worry about it, I'll lead!" Fiona took Lotus's hand, and motioned her to follow. She went slower this time; She didn't want to risk pulling her to the ground or anything. As the two walked, she asked a question. "So uh, how do you feel about all of this?" She didn't have time to dwell on it, but now that they have, she wasn't sure about it at all. She was excited seeing all of this, but at the same time, it just felt overwhelming. She looked at her right arm. The wound on it healed nicely, almost like it didn't exist at all. Dangerous too, she thought.

((expanded that Gregory post, didn't seem to need that part here))

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Lotus was startled when fiona began to pull her away. Lotus quickly shout bye to every one before being pulled out. She finally began to pull herself away from fiona. when Fiona asked that question. "Ya, the whole I see dead people is very interesting." She began to wish she had a crowbar to pry away fiona's death grip. She began to tug more trying to get her arm back.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:25 pm
Site Admin

Autumn, Friday 13:30

After receiving permission from the required authorities for their excursion, the various groups left school grounds and went into the city of Darren to complete the first leg of their missions. Despite the brilliance of the sun, and most of the leaves of the trees retaining their vibrant leaves, the air was cool and a chilly breeze blew about them as they walked; winter would soon be here.

Those who left for the mission walked together in one big group taking Arclight Avenue to Sterling Street though splitting up at Ericson Street. The group led by Logan walked down Ericson and turned on Longview to the Mystorium, a route deemed by Alice much safer for the group to travel alone without older supervision. The group led by Alice continued down Sterling to Timor Way and walked to the scrap shop. On their particular journey there was a distinct transition as they left the upper echelons of Darren to the dingy area that housed the scrap yard. They were both extremely long walks, as they were both in the opposite end of town, but exercise is never a bad thing.

Mystorium

Logan’s group entered the Mystorium quietly; a light jingling of bells could be heard as the door opened. Immediately they could sense the presence of recent spiritual activity presently in the shop. The Spiritorum members in particular could feel not only the spiritual energy but also the magical energies given off by certain objects within the room. Though unlike the apartment building from the mission before, there was no malevolent sense of foreboding.

The lighting in the shop was fairly dim and the air seemed a mixture of dusty and smoky. While there were two long windows at the front of the shop, they were washed perhaps half a century ago, and were covered with an assortment of beads and fabrics, letting in little light. The shop itself was a mess though extremely intriguing. Various objects in glass displays with odd names were placed in no discernible arrangement. Various runic markings were etched into the walls that were painted a rich purple. Bottles of “potions” were stacked on tables and herbs of unusual origins hung from the exposed rafters in the ceiling. At the far end of the shop was a glass counter with an old-fashioned cash register and a crystal ball resting on a pedestal. Behind the counter was a thick velvet curtain from behind a flickering light, presumably from a candle, could be seen.

“Ah you’ve come” spoke an elderly woman out of the blue from behind the group. Stepping into what little light that could be seen in the shop, an extremely old woman with a hunched back and wearing an odd combination of brightly coloured clothes with a midnight blue shawl stood behind the group with a disconcerting smile. Despite her perceived age, her eyes were bright and showed no sign of slowness; within moments she had analyzed the children though made no further comment.

“They told me you were coming” she said while flailing about a feather duster in her right hand, barely dusting some of her display cases as she hobbled over to the counter. “They’re hiding now though; scared you’ll send them to the other side. HYEK HYEK HYEK HYEK!!” laughed the woman, “Now to business,” she said while placing her feather duster on the glass counter and lacing her fingers together as she once again inspected the children “Would you care for a potion? A reading? A spell?”

Scrap Shop

In order to gain access to the scrap yard, Alice’s group first needed to speak to the owner of the yard, Dean Mason. They entered the scrap shop, and distinctly noted that they didn’t fit in with the place at all; most of them having come from high society as well as the expensive-looking Arclight Academy uniforms made them stick out like sore thumbs. The shop had a distinct “rough around the edges” vibe. Honky-tonk music played in the background while various refurbished parts for cars, appliances and various other devices lay on display throughout the store. The floor had probably swept once this week, and had most definitely never felt the embrace of a mop.

Mechanics, repairmen and various handy-men eyed the kids questionably as they entered the shop. Some shrugged it off as some sort of field trip; others grumbled about the presence of over privileged punks doing in their sanctuary, most didn’t even seem to care about their existence, while few smiled reminded of their own children.

A young man, whom Alice would recognize as a recent graduate of Arclight Academy, Brody, stood at the cash register with a coy smile on his lips and a raised eyebrow.

“Well, well, to what do I owe the presence of the Arclight Angel” he said while leaning on the counter with his arms crossed, “How are things Alice?”

The Sanctuary

The sanctuary of the s****, while primarily a safe house, is an extremely lavish and homey. It is rarely occupied, as there is hardly ever an instance of a supernatural occurrence requiring someone to need further protection after the occurrence has been dealt with. As a result it evolved into a lounge with students bringing in recreational furniture such as pool tables, hockey tables, foosball tables, and a small collection of classic arcade games. In this main area where most of the recreational items are held are a series of couches and a television projector. There is a small kitchen supplied with enough food to last for a year and a half in the event of an emergency. There are also blow up beds for those who need extended stays and linens. Along each of the walls in the various sub-rooms within the sanctuary are bright lights. All these things were supplied by the students after Mr. Albright gave into their incessant whining for a lounge area years ago.

Ms. Sullivan sat on one of the couches curled up with a book, though as soon as she heard someone enter the sanctuary she immediately turned her attention to the intruder. She looked a lot better than she had, and seemed to be getting better every day. Her eyes though, they showed a different story. They showed fear, mistrust, worry and a lack of sleep.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Logan had to admit, he was rather disconcerted by this woman's manner. He would have liked very much to find out who "they" were, but that wasn't what the group had come for.
"Ah, nae thank ye ma'am." He replied, remembering the warning in the mission briefing. "Actually, we're here about the robbery. If ye dinnae mind, we'd like tae take a look about."

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
It was easy for Johnathan to put on a blank face. Oddly enough, the way he thought the Mystoriun would look and the Mystorium itself was similar. He raised an eyebrow as the old woman started to babble on about "them". At this point, "they" could be anyone so he didn't bother to ask who. He knew he had to resist the temptation of magic, but a boy can be curious about it right? It wasn't like he was intentionally seeking out the power of magic. Johnathan waited for the okay so they could proceed to look for this "missing artifact".

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 am

After Lotus grabbed he Father's katana. She headed out with the others towards the scrapyard.She followed other towards the Shop. Once they got inside a man adressed Alice. After he adress her Lotus leaned towards Alice "You know him?" She whispered.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li felt quite out of place around these people. It was the first time he's ever been to this scrap yard. He's driven past it occasionally, but never set foot down in it. Meanwhile Dom on the other hand felt right at home once more, carrying a foolish grin while walking into the store on his face. When he was young, he used to come here with his friends and sneak in through a small hole in the fence. They would always try to avoid getting caught, but when they did, it became every man for himself. It wasn't too bad if Dom got caught, since he didn't really have parents to disappoint upon his return. Curious if the hole in the fence was still there, he drifted away from the group to go look for it while Li stayed in the shop.

To his surprise, he found the hole that the staff hadn't repaired in so many years. Slipping through it, he snuck into the back of the scrapyard.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 98  Next