The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:03 pm

[ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Luffy 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Steven wrote:
Also I'd like to point out that according to recent (within the month) numbers confirmed that thousands play our game on a daily basis, up to more than a million in 30 days. At SmashCon day 1 we were the most watched Stream and in general our streams attracted around 1500 viewers each day. Doesnt sound like an 'already meager' fanbase to me.

I've been working towards Luffy for over 6 years. Geno and I worked hard to make sure he would fit in and be unique to please everyone. We're gonna work harder still on the final touches. Everyone at the booth had a blast playing as Luffy and it made me very proud given the level of personal commitement.

You're 1000% allowed to have an opinion. You're allowed to dislike what you've seen. But you have been acting increasingly dramatic about this as the hours went by. Chill.

I don't have a problem with him, that's the thing.

What I dislike is the venom I've seen from the people who do have a problem with him, who trash the whole game because of one character's country of origin. I'm a freaker-outer when it comes to hatedoms. I've never been good at handling it when people attack something I've liked for so long.
Though, given I've been mistaken for one of them with my behavior, I clearly haven't been much better.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:52 pm
BR Member

Harr Turnpike wrote:
who trash the whole game because of one character's country of origin.

I have bad news about literally every character who has ever been in Smash...

Anyway. Bad stuff happens. People get upset. It has been this way ever since SSF1. I know how awful things can get, and I know that it's frustrating to see people act this way, but I also know that everything will turn out fine. If a little thing like roster choices were enough to cause any real damage, this project would have broken apart before it even began.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Harr Turnpike wrote:

What I dislike is the venom I've seen from the people who do have a problem with him, who trash the whole game because of one character's country of origin. I'm a freaker-outer when it comes to hatedoms. I've never been good at handling it when people attack something I've liked for so long.
Though, given I've been mistaken for one of them with my behavior, I clearly haven't been much better.

Both ends of the spectrum are allowed their opinion though. Thing is, I've seen more people make posts like "haha luffy is finally in f*** the people who are salty" than I've seen people making actual 'salty' posts. Nobody has access to the character yet, nobody has expirimented yet with him first hand. We knew that the character and his playstyle would jibe well with some people more than others, but honestly there is not a character you can add that won't make people mad because it's not their favorite. That is why we try to desigm characters as unique and fun as we can, to make people turn around on the character. Which happened to both Dee and Luffy.

You're saying things like 'you've opened the flootgates to angry fanboys' 'your already meager fanbase will deplete' and 'the character will kill the developers'. Please relax. Again, there are more posts talking about how people are supposedly super angry than their are angry posts at this point. Decide for yourself what you think of the character and respect others who think differently off the character.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:37 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Steven wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

Both ends of the spectrum are allowed their opinion though. Thing is, I've seen more people make posts like "haha luffy is finally in f*** the people who are salty" than I've seen people making actual 'salty' posts. Nobody has access to the character yet, nobody has expirimented yet with him first hand. We knew that the character and his playstyle would jibe well with some people more than others, but honestly there is not a character you can add that won't make people mad because it's not their favorite. That is why we try to desigm characters as unique and fun as we can, to make people turn around on the character. Which happened to both Dee and Luffy.

You're saying things like 'you've opened the flootgates to angry fanboys' 'your already meager fanbase will deplete' and 'the character will kill the developers'. Please relax. Again, there are more posts talking about how people are supposedly super angry than their are angry posts at this point. Decide for yourself what you think of the character and respect others who think differently off the character.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better Steven, Luffy(in my opinion) is absolutely amazing and is(also in my opinion) one of the most unique characters I've seen in Smash. The nay sayers have there argument, but that won't stop the ones who love him from having a good time with him.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:09 am

MGN Username: Goesul
tson wrote:
gamejutsu wrote:
Also, how many jumps does Luffy have? I think I saw him use 3?

Jumps come back after sideb or upb grabs for maximum combos.

So Luffy's sideb and upb are grabs? Does any other character have this mechanic? You phrased it like other characters have this too (the extra jump after sideb and upb grabs)

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:23 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Steven wrote:
Also I'd like to point out that according to recent (within the month) numbers confirmed that thousands play our game on a daily basis, up to more than a million in 30 days. At SmashCon day 1 we were the most watched Stream and in general our streams attracted around 1500 viewers each day. Doesnt sound like an 'already meager' fanbase to me.

I've been working towards Luffy for over 6 years. Geno and I worked hard to make sure he would fit in and be unique to please everyone. We're gonna work harder still on the final touches. Everyone at the booth had a blast playing as Luffy and it made me very proud given the level of personal commitement.

You're 1000% allowed to have an opinion. You're allowed to dislike what you've seen. But you have been acting increasingly dramatic about this as the hours went by. Chill.

^^ Well, my bio says otherwise

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 am

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
Luffy is for faggots

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:22 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Was that Luffy Farting in his mid-air down-B?

Can we have an option for fart sounds in his Down-B?

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:09 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Jan_Solo wrote:
Was that Luffy Farting in his mid-air down-B?

No. He's blowing all of the air out of his mouth below him, as he flips.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 am

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
It's about time that Luffy's join the Smash Flash Crew!

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:26 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Red wrote:
Luffy is for faggots

= T R I G G E R E D =

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
gamejutsu wrote:
tson wrote:
gamejutsu wrote:
Also, how many jumps does Luffy have? I think I saw him use 3?

Jumps come back after sideb or upb grabs for maximum combos.

So Luffy's sideb and upb are grabs? Does any other character have this mechanic? You phrased it like other characters have this too (the extra jump after sideb and upb grabs)

Yes, Luffy's sideb and upb are grabs. And neutral special if you're on the ground when they reach your hands. No other characters get their jumps back after their special grabs.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:29 am

MGN Username: masterwex
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Yeah Jam Fury: UME, CrossCode, Ace Attorney
Waifu: Lea (CrossCode)
I think all the salty Luffy haters should love him.

"WHAT I SHOULD LOVE ANOTHER TRASHY ANIME CHARACTER!"

YES, you should. Take it from the perspective that if you can actually play the game that now you have a character that you hate so much that you will have undying satisfaction when you KO Luffy or beat him in a match. Imagine your favorite character using their fs on him. Play as Sandbag and show Luffy who the real Sandbag is.

So that can apply to any character. And that's why I would approve of any character, regardless if I hate or love him. As long as my mains are still on the roster.

And btw, I think Luffy is a great addition. The anime is nice to watch on Toonami when you are bored. And Luffy is a great addition to a seemingly growing humorless community.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 am

I don't understand. Does Luffy only get his jumped back if he lands the grab, or does he get it back regardless?

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:05 am

Savio wrote:
Gimme that Ora Ora Ora Ora, baybee.

lowkey want a Jojo character now

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:43 am
 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next