The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

Waifu: zero suit wario
Use Richter Belmont's High Jump from Symphony of the Night.
(You can use other Belmonts' moves btw, Link already does that with his TP incarnation in Sm4sh)

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Well since I don't have anything else to do I mightas well do it.

I'm gonna explain first the main concept around the idea I had with Simon, which is the most important aspect at the end of the day since, if some of the moves don't fit in, you can switch them around so they focus more on the main concept.

Simon Belmont, the Castlevania guy and the Vampire Killer. What are his games focused more around? They come from the same era and concept the Mega Man games had: Being hard to "extend" the game's lenght. They are some very hard games thanks to how limited Simon's moveset was. Only SC4 had some more extra tools in mobility for the guy, and CV3 had the different party members.

So, the main idea for this moveset, was a representation of the work around that the player had to do in order to win the game. The character should kinda stiff to move (not too much so it becomes unbearable), but his moves should be based around getting his opponents away, and at the same time, force them to approach. Spacing should be encouraged, and moving around the stage should be focused on rearranging your position, more than on a full-on approach.

The best name that I could give the archetype was the one of a Wall. Defensive options, and very tough to get in, but without many options once the opponents gets on top of him.

So let's get on with the moveset, shall we? I gave him tools to represent the classic Castlevania franchise (mostly 1 through 4) since it felt more important than just focus on the items themselves, but they still have their fair of rep I think.

Jab: His standard attack from all the games. Hitting with it normally would send the opponent away, but the tip would knock them diagonally upwards, giving far more time to prepare yourself for the next attack.

DTilt: Swoops the ground with his whip. Kinda slow at the end but with a lingering hitbox. Decent KB so it would work as a combo tool early, and later on as a "Get away" option.

FTilt: Simon hits the ground in front of him with it's whip. Slow startup, but carrying a lot of power in the center of the attack. It would have a weak hitbox after it, that it would send opponents away.

UTilt: Spins around his whip above it's head. Quick anti air. Low KB so it would combo into itself. Very important tool for Simon to cover one of it's most common blindspots in CV.

DSmash: Simon smashes on the ground two Holy Bottles, which would make a small fire the explodes at the end. Your standard DSmash, but with an added lingering hitbox.

FSmash: Slowly swings his's axe, throwing it at the end of the attack. Distance would be very small at first, but it would scale with charge, with max charge having the same arc as in the games. This would be a very slow attack, and the axe would stop after hitting the ground... But you can use it in the same fashion Villager uses it's bowling ball: as off-stage pressure.
(On a side note, I always wondered why he didn't swing the axe in front of him in the main games, that would have helped out so much.)

USmash: Creates two orbs on his hands (One orb being made of fire, and the other of ice), and then moves them above him, with them exploding at the end. This attack is a direct reference to Simon's pals: Alucard and Sypha, with the two representing some of their most commona attacks. Now here, they would work kinda like Shulk's Usmash in Sm4sh, the first hit would be to send them to the orbs, with the explosion having the power.

Grab: Your standard long range grab, with a little bit less of ending lag, but also less of a lingering hitbox. It would have slower startup than it's jab because Simon has to move it's arm to trap it's opponent (Logic is important!... Sometimes.)

FThrow: Releases the opponent with it's whip, sending them away. Most of Simon's throws are not very powerful, since their main use is to send the opponent away from him.

BThrow: Kinda looks like Ryu's BThrow... sorry I'm not sure how to explain it's animation. Diagonal angle.

UThrow: Throws his opponents above him. This one would be a kill throw, but not a strong one. (I'm thinking that it would kill around 140% a mid-weight with optimal DI)

DThrow: Slams the opponent on the ground. This would be another positioning throw, but it would do more damage than FThrow, at exchange of sending the opponent in a worse angle (more upwards than sideways.)

Nair: Swings his whip around his front and lower side of it's body. This would be his main aerial protection.

Dair: Hits below him with the whip. The tipper would have a meteor smash.

Bair: Takes out a knife and attacks behind him, in a similar fashion to Marth, but in reverse (first hitting above and then below). From it's friend Grant this attack would be powerful on the upper part, and would lose some strenght later on, but it would send in a nastier angle.

Fair: Swings it's whip in front of him. Kinda similar to Greninja's, but with less KB and a lingering hitbox. And I'm sorry, but making original aerials is hard (Or I suck at it).

Uair: Similar to it's Dair, even carrying the meteor tipper! These two are from SC4 (aiming ftw)

NeutralB: Morning Star. This move would be a chargable one, and every item it reaches a threshold, it would upgrade the whip, increasing it's range and power slightly. This buff would dissapear if you receive enough damage, however.
Now, this is probably the weirdest move, but I think the upgrades were a crucial thing in CV, and adding them in some fashion while retaining it's weakness (losing it when you die) was something I really wanted to add.

SideB: Holy Cross. Sends the Holy Cross in front of him, dealing damage and pushing back it's opponents. You can't aim the cross and it's kinda slow moving. This would be his lingering projectile.

DownB: Stopwatch. Simon takes out the watch, and if hit while it's out, it would do a short-lasting Stop effect around him. Based on one of the custom moves from Ike, this is a risky, but rewarding option. Knowing when to using is very important (just like the original thing)

UpB: The Shoryuken that Richter Belmont is known for. Unlike it's in-game counterpart, this would have a hitbox in Simon's hand, that would be a multihitting finishing move. High-risk, high-reward.

FS: Uhh.... Something. Sorry, I'm not really interested in this, so feel free to give ideas.

So... I think that's it. Feel free to tell me why it sucks or whatever. I was also thinking of making a moveset for the other CV rep I really want (Soma) but not for now.

EDIT: I forgot dash attack. It would be the slide that Richter uses in SotN. Mostly used to reposition and send opponents above Simon

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
I'm going to come up with a moveset of Gohan.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 am

I'd like to suggest Saitama from OPM.

Jab: One punch.

DTilt: One punch.

FTilt: One punch.

UTilt: One punch.

DSmash: One punch.

FSmash: One punch, but this time, a little bit harder.

USmash: A punch.

Grab: He grabs you.

FThrow: Punch.

BThrow: The legendary backwards punch that's usually performed in the Jackie Chan movies.

UThrow: "Sure-you-can"

DThrow: Le punch.

Nair: Graceful punch

Dair: A nice targeted punch

Bair: Sucker punch.

Fair: A nice, direct punch.

Uair: Kidney punch.

NeutralB: A punch that looks quite painful.

SideB: Punch

DownB: A rather direct punch.

UpB: A hard, focused punch

Final Smash: Take a guess.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:01 am

ΠimbleZ wrote:

Genos?

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Simon Belmont
Source Game: Castlevania Series

General info: show
Weight: 110
Entrance: Walks out of a wooden door from Castlevania
Jumps: His First jump is very strong, easily topping Luigi by a small amount. But his DJ... it’s not as good... He also doesn’t have very good mid-air movement as his air accel is very low and can’t move horizontally that good.

Special Attributes: show
Whip, Chain, and Morningstar attacks have a sweetpot on the tip which doesn’t deal increased damage, but has increased KB
Also, dealing 50% damage upgrades the leather whip into the chain whip, and further dealing 50% more damage for a total of 100% will upgrade the chain whip into the Morningstar.
Each further upgrade increases Range, Damage, and KB. Dying removes these upgrades and puts you back into using the Leather Whip.

Ground Attacks: show
Jab
1: Punch - 3%
2: Short-Ranged Whip Lash - 4%
3: Roundhouse Kick - 4%
F–Tilt -
Slashes Dagger Forwards, dealing diagonal KB
Damage – 9%
Knockback – Low
U–Tilt -
Swings his Whip in an arc above him.
Damage – 11%
Knockback – Med
D–Tilt -
Low whip swipe, popping opponents up
Damage – 9%
Knockback – Low
Dash Attack
Spins around while moving forwards and extending his Whip, 1 hit and acts like a reverse Sex Kick, dealing more damage the later it hits.
Damage – 7% early, up to 13% late
Knockback – Low – Med

Smash Attacks: show
F–Smash -
Whips Fire Whip in front of him akin to his classic whip animation. Fully charged, it can launch a slow Fireball travelling half of FD.
Damage – 16% - 20%, 14% for Fireball
Knockback – Med – High
U–Smash -
Upwards lash with the Fire Whip akin to the move in Castlevania 4.
Damage – 14% - 18%
Knockback – Med – High
D–Smash -
Lashes Fire Whip around him, deals fire damage.
Damage – 12% - 17%
Knockback – Med – High

Aerial Attacks: show
N–Air
Spins around swinging his whip outwards.
Damage – 12%
Knockback – Low – Med
F–Air
Lashes his whip in front of him downward, meteoring opponents if sweetspotted on the tip.
Damage – 9%
Knockback – Med
B–Air
Swings his whip behind him, great range and can tether.
Damage – 11%
Knockback – Low – Med
U–Air
Swings his whip upwards, great for juggling.
Damage – 13%
Knockback – Low – Med
D–Air
Swings Whip in an arc below him, covers decent range around him. Sourspots early and late that deal Horizontal KB and Sweetpot in the middle of the move that Meteors.
Damage – 9% sourspot, 13% sweetspot
Knockback – Med
Z–Air
Swings his whip akin to his standard attack in his home games. Great range and can tether, can also ba angled upwards or downwards.
Damage – 10%
Knockback – Med

Sub Weapons: show
Dagger
Throws a Dagger Straight forward which travels pretty much the whole FD. It’s a pretty straightforward move and has small vertical KB.
Damage – 8%
Knockback – Low
Axe
Throws an Axe overhead in a similar Arc to Yoshi’s Egg Toss but cannot be semi-angled. Single hit and can kill at the apex of throw.
Damage – 12% apex, 8% everywhere else
Knockback – High apex, Med everywhere else
Cross Boomerang
Throws a Boomerang similar to Links, but it’s always 1 hit and goes through enemies and soft platforms. Not angleable and only goes Straight but reaches up to 2/3 of FD before returning.
Damage – 7% going forward, 5% going back
Knockback – Med
Holy Water
Tosses a Holy Water in an arc similar to 0.9b MM’s Nitro Cutter and the Bottle bursts into Flames similar to PK Fire but with weaker DoT.
Damage – 5% on impact, 12% Fire in total
Knockback – Low

Specials: show
Neutral Special – Sub-Weapon Select:
Yes, that’s his N-Spec. Similar to Olimar, Kirby’s version is a combination of this and the S-Spec.
Pressing once will automatically make Simon switch to the next Sub-Weapon in order of:
Dagger -> Axe -> Cross Boomerang -> Holy Water -> Dagger
Holding the special move button though, would show a HUD similar to 0.9b MM, but pressing left or right will “scroll” through the weapons
Damage – N/A
Knockback – N/A
Side–Special – Sub-Weapon:
Simon uses whatever Sub weapon he has “equipped”
Only one Sub-weapon can be on screen at a time, but along with the whip upgrades, it also upgrades the amount of sub-weapons on screen at a time, allowing up to three sub-weapons on screen at a time.
Damage – depends on sw
Knockback – depends on sw
Up-Special - Uppercut
A Shoryuken-esque move that has barely any Horizontal Range and little vertical almost rivaling Dr. Mario’s Up-B but doesn’t leave Simon Helpless.
Damage – 11% Uppercut
Down–Special – Stopwatch:
A counter-esque move that stops opponents in time when they attempt to attack Simon while using the Stopwatch. Opponents gain Super Armor while frozen in time which allows you to rack up damage on them. It has a 3 second cooldown if whiffed/missed/not triggered/whatever.
Damage – N/A
Knockback – N/A

edit: finally! found a way to post this

I designed him to be a zoner/anti-air with him having bad air attributes but great air finishers. His recovery is also only half decent, relying on his tether to truly recover. His up-b can be used as a third jump to help in finishing aerial opponents. A lot of his moves pop opponents into the air actually.

I made the n-spec a sub-weapon change and not allow him access to all his sub-weapons at once because he can only equip one sub-weapon (iirc) in his home games, thus requiring him to switch between them depending on the situation.

Speaking of sub-weapons, all of them can be useful for a few situations each, mainly as an edgeguard tool. Dagger is a simple projectile for pressure, nothing too special. Cross can be used similarly to Link's but isn't as useful for combos, instead being better for screwing up recoveries. Axe is one of his best finishers, prefect for those who recover high. Holy Water is a combination of the Nitro Cutter and PK Fire allowing it to be great against those who recover low.

He can be played as a defensive of aggressive zoner, dealing a certain amount of damage will upgrade his whip and increase the max amount of sub-weapons on screen allowing him to switch playstyles when he gets the upgrades.

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:08 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
I actually forgot this exists after that thread.
Oh, and it's an anime character.
Ver 2.0
Tekkaman Blade from, well, Tekkaman Blade: show
I kinda need some help regarding his movesets though.
Details:
He is faster than Goku and slower than Captain Falcon, his height is about the same as Captain Falcon.
Movesets:
Jab (1% each): It's just an extremely fast stab.
Side-Tilt (7% for both hits): A fast Double Stab
Up-Tilt (13%): Stabs upward
Down-Tilt (6%): Slashes upward
Dash Attack (9%): Boosts forward and stabs

Side Smash (12% No Charge, 19% Fully Charged): Spins the Tek Lancer during charging, releasing will have him spin and slash downwards.
Up Smash (10% No Charge, 17% Fully Charged): Does a short ranged Voltekka, aiming upwards.
Down Smash (11% No Charge, 17% Fully Charged): Low Spin Slash.

N-Air (2% for each hit, 13% in total): Spins the Tek Lance but it's range is a little shorter than Lloyd's Nair.
F-Air (12%): Like Ichigo's F-Air but it uses a booster, has slightly longer starting lag, and it a goes a little farther instead.
B-Air (7% for both hits, 14% in total): The same as Sora's B-Air but without facing in the opposite direction
U-Air (11%): Slash Upward, much like Meta Knight but covers a wider range.
D-Air (11%): Slashes Downward, much like Meta Knight (again), but covers a wider range.
Throws:
F-Throw (9%): Throws upward then slashes the enemy upon going down
B-Throw (10%): Stabs, spins and release, throwing the enemy backwards.
D-Throw (8%): Jump and Grind the enemy.
U-Throw (7%): Stabs, then releases upward.
Specials:
Neutral Special (4% for both): Tek Dagger Throw (Will still aim forward even in the air.)
Neutral Special - Hold (21%): Voltekka (5 second charge, can only be used when fully charged.)
Side Special (2% for each missiles): Ride Pegas (Will last for 5 seconds, cannot be cancelled, will be helpless after ending, press Attack button to launch 5 homing and fast missiles)
Up Special (1% for each time you pass through the enemy, 20% in total [last hit does 6%]): Crash Intrude (Is controllable like Diddy Kong's Up-Special (although more sensitive), 2 sec starting lag and 3 second ending lag, will receive more damage [around x2] during the ending lag.)
Down Special (20% in total): Calls Pegas (This time, he shoots in a straight direction, firing guns and missiles [not homing], has a cooldown of 5 seconds.)

Final Smash (89%): Turns into Blaster Tekkaman Blade, goes outside of the stage and shoots Blaster Voltekka (the range is about as wide as Final Destination It also mutes your game for 4 seconds because the voice broke your sound system.)
Other:
Taunt : Screaming Voltekka, but then the game muted for 2 seconds. (Reference to his VA breaking 2 mics at recording)
Triple Jumps.
Hitting the ground using Up Special will shake the ground, and shortening the ending lag.

Would be really cool if this guy is added, guy's really fit for fighting games.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Last edited by Gudako's Insanity on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 am

Simon Moveset: show
Drarky wrote:
Well since I don't have anything else to do I mightas well do it.

I'm gonna explain first the main concept around the idea I had with Simon, which is the most important aspect at the end of the day since, if some of the moves don't fit in, you can switch them around so they focus more on the main concept.

Simon Belmont, the Castlevania guy and the Vampire Killer. What are his games focused more around? They come from the same era and concept the Mega Man games had: Being hard to "extend" the game's lenght. They are some very hard games thanks to how limited Simon's moveset was. Only SC4 had some more extra tools in mobility for the guy, and CV3 had the different party members.

So, the main idea for this moveset, was a representation of the work around that the player had to do in order to win the game. The character should kinda stiff to move (not too much so it becomes unbearable), but his moves should be based around getting his opponents away, and at the same time, force them to approach. Spacing should be encouraged, and moving around the stage should be focused on rearranging your position, more than on a full-on approach.

The best name that I could give the archetype was the one of a Wall. Defensive options, and very tough to get in, but without many options once the opponents gets on top of him.

So let's get on with the moveset, shall we? I gave him tools to represent the classic Castlevania franchise (mostly 1 through 4) since it felt more important than just focus on the items themselves, but they still have their fair of rep I think.

Jab: His standard attack from all the games. Hitting with it normally would send the opponent away, but the tip would knock them diagonally upwards, giving far more time to prepare yourself for the next attack.

DTilt: Swoops the ground with his whip. Kinda slow at the end but with a lingering hitbox. Decent KB so it would work as a combo tool early, and later on as a "Get away" option.

FTilt: Simon hits the ground in front of him with it's whip. Slow startup, but carrying a lot of power in the center of the attack. It would have a weak hitbox after it, that it would send opponents away.

UTilt: Spins around his whip above it's head. Quick anti air. Low KB so it would combo into itself. Very important tool for Simon to cover one of it's most common blindspots in CV.

DSmash: Simon smashes on the ground two Holy Bottles, which would make a small fire the explodes at the end. Your standard DSmash, but with an added lingering hitbox.

FSmash: Slowly swings his's axe, throwing it at the end of the attack. Distance would be very small at first, but it would scale with charge, with max charge having the same arc as in the games. This would be a very slow attack, and the axe would stop after hitting the ground... But you can use it in the same fashion Villager uses it's bowling ball: as off-stage pressure.
(On a side note, I always wondered why he didn't swing the axe in front of him in the main games, that would have helped out so much.)

USmash: Creates two orbs on his hands (One orb being made of fire, and the other of ice), and then moves them above him, with them exploding at the end. This attack is a direct reference to Simon's pals: Alucard and Sypha, with the two representing some of their most commona attacks. Now here, they would work kinda like Shulk's Usmash in Sm4sh, the first hit would be to send them to the orbs, with the explosion having the power.

Grab: Your standard long range grab, with a little bit less of ending lag, but also less of a lingering hitbox. It would have slower startup than it's jab because Simon has to move it's arm to trap it's opponent (Logic is important!... Sometimes.)

FThrow: Releases the opponent with it's whip, sending them away. Most of Simon's throws are not very powerful, since their main use is to send the opponent away from him.

BThrow: Kinda looks like Ryu's BThrow... sorry I'm not sure how to explain it's animation. Diagonal angle.

UThrow: Throws his opponents above him. This one would be a kill throw, but not a strong one. (I'm thinking that it would kill around 140% a mid-weight with optimal DI)

DThrow: Slams the opponent on the ground. This would be another positioning throw, but it would do more damage than FThrow, at exchange of sending the opponent in a worse angle (more upwards than sideways.)

Nair: Swings his whip around his front and lower side of it's body. This would be his main aerial protection.

Dair: Hits below him with the whip. The tipper would have a meteor smash.

Bair: Takes out a knife and attacks behind him, in a similar fashion to Marth, but in reverse (first hitting above and then below). From it's friend Grant this attack would be powerful on the upper part, and would lose some strenght later on, but it would send in a nastier angle.

Fair: Swings it's whip in front of him. Kinda similar to Greninja's, but with less KB and a lingering hitbox. And I'm sorry, but making original aerials is hard (Or I suck at it).

Uair: Similar to it's Dair, even carrying the meteor tipper! These two are from SC4 (aiming ftw)

NeutralB: Morning Star. This move would be a chargable one, and every item it reaches a threshold, it would upgrade the whip, increasing it's range and power slightly. This buff would dissapear if you receive enough damage, however.
Now, this is probably the weirdest move, but I think the upgrades were a crucial thing in CV, and adding them in some fashion while retaining it's weakness (losing it when you die) was something I really wanted to add.

SideB: Holy Cross. Sends the Holy Cross in front of him, dealing damage and pushing back it's opponents. You can't aim the cross and it's kinda slow moving. This would be his lingering projectile.

DownB: Stopwatch. Simon takes out the watch, and if hit while it's out, it would do a short-lasting Stop effect around him. Based on one of the custom moves from Ike, this is a risky, but rewarding option. Knowing when to using is very important (just like the original thing)

UpB: The Shoryuken that Richter Belmont is known for. Unlike it's in-game counterpart, this would have a hitbox in Simon's hand, that would be a multihitting finishing move. High-risk, high-reward.

FS: Uhh.... Something. Sorry, I'm not really interested in this, so feel free to give ideas.

So... I think that's it. Feel free to tell me why it sucks or whatever. I was also thinking of making a moveset for the other CV rep I really want (Soma) but not for now.

EDIT: I forgot dash attack. It would be the slide that Richter uses in SotN. Mostly used to reposition and send opponents above Simon

Nice moveset with great representation of the CV series including the upgrades. I just don't understand N-spec.

Regardless, the playstyle fits the character. Simon is not the type of guy to go rushing in on enemies, requiring spacing for his whip and sub-weapons. Especially against CV bosses where one has to be patient and wait for the right time to strike, instead playing defensively.

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Details:
He is faster than Goku and slower than Captain Falcon, his height is about the same as Captain Falcon.
Movesets:

N-Air (2% for each hit, 13% in total): Spins the Tek Lance but it's range is a little shorter than Lloyd's Nair.
F-Air (12%): Like Ichigo's F-Air but it uses a booster, has slightly longer starting lag, and it a goes a little farther instead.
B-Air (7% for both hits, 14% in total): The same as Sora's B-Air but without facing in the opposite direction
D-Air (11%): Slashes Downward, much like Meta Knight (again), but covers a wider range.
Throws:
Specials:
Neutral Special (4% for both): Tek Dagger Throw (Will still aim forward even in the air.)
Neutral Special - Hold (20%): Voltekka (5 second charge, can only be used when fully charged.)
Side Special (2% for each missiles): Ride Pegas (Will last for 5 seconds, cannot be cancelled, will be helpless after ending, press Attack button to launch 5 homing and fast missiles)
Up Special (1% for each time you pass through the enemy, 20% in total [last hit does 6%]): Crash Intrude (Is controllable like Diddy Kong's Up-Special (although more sensitive), 2 sec starting lag and 3 second ending lag, will receive more damage [around x2] during the ending lag.)
Down Special (20% in total): Calls Pegas (This time, he shoots in a straight direction, firing guns and missiles [not homing], has a cooldown of 5 seconds.)

Final Smash (89%): Turns into Blaster Tekkaman Blade, goes outside of the stage and shoots Blaster Voltekka (the range is about as wide as Final Destination It also mutes your game for 4 seconds because the voice broke your sound system.)
Other:
Triple Jumps, Third Jump can be hovered.
Hitting the ground using Up Special will shake the ground, and shortening the ending lag.

inb4 no more w33b chars

I don't know this guy but sure, I'll try to review this.
Side and Down Specs are decent in my opinion, just that I can't imagine how the animation would look like. N-Spec seems to be like Samus' charge shot, except it's only 2 stages which is nice. Reminds me of Robin's thunder actually.

I don't think a third jump is necessary considering Diddy recovery and Hover, either remove the third jump or the hover. Preferably the Hover actually imo...

That U-spec gimmicks aren't needed actually, and that's too much endlag imo... reduce endlag, remove the double damage and shockwave thingy and that's a fine U-spec actually.

I'm assuming that by "Lloyd's Nair" you mean Tempest? That's okay, I guess. Isaac does have the same Nair in terms of animation. He seems like an aerial based combo character but without many kill moves... wait, where the smashes at?

ONE PUNCH: show
[NZ] wrote:
I'd like to suggest Saitama from OPM.

Jab: One punch.

DTilt: One punch.

FTilt: One punch.

UTilt: One punch.

DSmash: One punch.

FSmash: One punch, but this time, a little bit harder.

USmash: A punch.

Grab: He grabs you.

FThrow: Punch.

BThrow: The legendary backwards punch that's usually performed in the Jackie Chan movies.

UThrow: "Sure-you-can"

DThrow: Le punch.

Nair: Graceful punch

Dair: A nice targeted punch

Bair: Sucker punch.

Fair: A nice, direct punch.

Uair: Kidney punch.

NeutralB: A punch that looks quite painful.

SideB: Punch

DownB: A rather direct punch.

UpB: A hard, focused punch

Terrible Recovery... All punch attacks... wait... Little Mac?

In all seriousness, no... Too OP, his matchup against Goku is 100-0 in Saitama's favor. I suggest nerf him or redesign him.

Make his Final Smash a Kick cuz wynaut?

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:37 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Jan_Solo wrote:
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Details:
Movesets:

Throws:
Specials:
Neutral Special - Hold (20%): Voltekka (5 second charge, can only be used when fully charged.)

Other:
Triple Jumps, Third Jump can be hovered.

inb4 no more w33b chars

I don't know this guy but sure, I'll try to review this.
Side and Down Specs are decent in my opinion, just that I can't imagine how the animation would look like. N-Spec seems to be like Samus' charge shot, except it's only 2 stages which is nice. Reminds me of Robin's thunder actually.

I don't think a third jump is necessary considering Diddy recovery and Hover, either remove the third jump or the hover. Preferably the Hover actually imo...

That U-spec gimmicks aren't needed actually, and that's too much endlag imo... reduce endlag, remove the double damage and shockwave thingy and that's a fine U-spec actually.

I'm assuming that by "Lloyd's Nair" you mean Tempest? That's okay, I guess. Isaac does have the same Nair in terms of animation. He seems like an aerial based combo character but without many kill moves... wait, where the smashes at?

Ah sh*t, forgot the smashes, is the U-Spec really that bad? I'm actually trying to find ways where he's actually punishable, that's why I created it like that.
As for the hover, yeah, I will remove that for sure.
Editing now.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 am
Site Moderator

in 2011 back when the Expansion Forums were still a thing me and lukepi were really into this little indie game called Flywrench where you control a line that goes through physics based obstacle courses while screeching harsh noise music plays in the background and we made a moveset for that line. im thinking now that Flywrench is a pretty big deal and is on steam and ps4, and also lukepi is a purple mod, that he will use his forum nepotism powers to get our favourite character in the ssf2 game as downloadable content. what do you guys think?

i would post the moveset in here but the expansion forums were deleted many years ago with no archive so i can't access them. sorry!

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:03 am

btw guys, I suggest make more reviews so this is an actual discussion page not a dump of random movesets

and I'll wait for a review of my moveset before I post my next one...

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:02 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
http://www.strawpoll.me/13097635
Figured i would try my hand at making movesets again. Vote for what you think i should start out with to get back into making them.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:09 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Oh lol we can still post here
I figure it's a matter of time before the mods find out so I guess I'll start a new one with a link to this one included

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:40 am

MGN Username: Lermonz
Jake the Dog
General Info
Height: 33
Width: 24 (He is slightly larger than Pikachu overall)
Weight: 86(Slightly lighter than Marth)
Walk: 4.1(Slightly faster than Kirby)
Run: 7.9(Slightly slower than Wario)
Crouch: 2.2(Also slightly larger than Wario)
Air Speed: 7.9(Slightly slower than Ness)
Fall Speed: 13.9(Slightly slower than Sonic)
Fast Fall Speed: 16.7(Also slightly slower than Sonic)
Jump Height: Slightly less than Naruto’s jump
Short Hop: Slightly less than Chibi Robo’s short hop

Moveset
Jab: The first two hits are two alternating slaps, similar to how Link’s first two jabs hits look but it’s his hand instead and with slightly less range. The final hit is a big clap that looks similar to DK’s F-Smash. (1%/1%/5%)

Ftilit: It looks similar to Luffy’s F-Smash, but his fist is enlarged and has the range of Luffy’s Ftilt. It would would have a pretty large amount of endlag. (10%)

Utilt: Jake gets on all fours and stretches his legs out so that his body is moved up. (4%)

Dtilt: Jake lies on his back and kicks his feet out, with a similar range to Luffy’s Ftilt. (7%)

F-Smash: Jake turns both his into the shape of one large hammer and slams it down in front of him, so that it will look similar to King Dedede’s F-Smash. (19%-26%)

U-Smash: Jake makes his fist very large and does an uppercut punch.(16%-22%)

D-Smash: Looks similar to DK’s D-Smash, but with hammers(17%-24%)

Dash: Does a roll, but he jumps forward before he rolls(6%)

Nair: Jake transforms into a small ball with large spikes surrounding him for 6-8 frames(early:8% late:4%)

Fair: Starts like a roundhouse kick, but stops when his foot is directly in front of him and stretches it. Quick startup and endlag. (8%)

Bair: Turns his hand into a large mace then punch behind like Captain Falcon’s Bair. Has a very large amount of knockback. (11%)

Uair: Turns his hand into the shape of an umbrella then punches directly upward. It would last 2-4 frames(6%)

Dair: Turns his his legs and torso into a drill and does a multi-hit move. The final hit would have two hitboxes, a large hitbox the sends you at an upward angle and a smaller yet stronger hitbox that meteor smashes you.(multi: 0.5%each final: 5% meteor:8%)

Neutral B: Bacon Pancakes: Pulls out a frying pan and tosses some bacon pancakes. It is similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Neutral B, but you have more control over the angle, you can only toss one at a time, and it deals more damage. It also has a 10% chance of having a burn effect. (10%)

Side B: Stretchy Leap: Jake stretches his torso to leap horizontally while dealing damage, and it can be charged like Pikachu’s Side B. But if you hit someone you keep going. (6%-12%)

Up B: Grab Something: Similar to Luffy’s Up B, but when it has a larger grab box and when you grab someone you kick them up and keep your momentum. (13%)

Down B: Perfect Sandwich: You eat a sandwich to lose 5%, but it has a lot of start and endlag.

Grab: A quick grab with almost as much range as ZSS’s grab

Pummel: You bash their head with a hammer hand(5%)

Fthrow: Grab with both hands and spin around once before throwing.(7%)

Bthrow: Hold behind you then smash with a hammer hand.(13%)

Uthrow: With both hands Jake simply throws the opponent up.(6%)

Dthrow: Jake jumps up then throws the opponent straight down.(7%)

Final Smash: Jake Suit: Finn jumps into jake and becomes superpowered.

buh

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46