The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 pm

[ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Superhuman: The Hunt 
Site Admin

Would you like to join?

Intro Post

The silver moonlight dimly lit the area in which they all stood. Margie's fiery red hair seemed to illuminate her face, there was a look of hope on it, though a shadow of doubt and fear lingered in her eyes. She was pleased that she had managed to smuggle a rather large group of superhumans to the outside of the facility, possibly for the first time of their lives. She looked up at the night sky, she knew that they'd need as much darkness as possible if they had any hopes of escaping the facility. They all stared at her, many of them were children, and she knew the journey would be hard for all of them. They all stood there waiting for her to say something, she wanted to say something meaningful, something they'd always remember, she spoke.

“Go and live a life of your own choosing” Immediately many of them fled into the cover of the night, some of them flying into the heavens, others running at speeds unimaginable to man, others merely fading into the shadows. A small group remained behind, she smiled at them, then turned, and went inside, shutting the door behind her.

Margie closed the door, making sure it was locked, but was soon winded as her chest was slammed against a wall. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" hissed a man shrouded in darkness. The only thing visible was his gleaming bald head, as Margie got up and tried to catch her breath, she knew it was Vision. He threw her against the wall again, "What were you doing!" he asked again menacingly,

"I went out for a walk" said Margie, while trying to catch her breath. Vision pistol whipped her and her head was hit to the side, she could taste blood in her mouth. "Don't lie to me" he said chillingly.

"If you know what I did. Why ask?" said Margie defiantly. Vision lunged at Margie, but this time she rolled out of the way. Vision hit himself against the wall, but quickly recovered and fired his gun. The smoke cleared but Margie was already gone, nowhere in the corridor. He grunted and stood up, pressing a series of numbers into his cellphone, a series of alarms began to ring throughout the facility. Alerting all agents and superhumans alike. "Alert Level 10! Superhuman Escape! Alert Level 10!" said a feminine computer voice from speakers concealed behind walls. Immediately, activity began to spread through the facility. Vision immediately began to type in another set of number codes into his phone, each code contacted specific members, Huntress, FUNGUS, Slime (Wyatt), they'd be the ones to go through the door Margie had just came from, he didn't have much faith in FUNGUS or Slime, though he knew the Huntress would definitely bring someone back.

The door had closed and Sabrina still hadn't moved, she ignored the tugging of Terrence's pulling on her sleeve, his gruff voice faded away to nothingness as she heard each thump against the door Margie had just gone through. Each thump caused her shake as if she was the one being hit. She wanted to throw up at the sound of the gunshot. The sound of the alarms broke her out of her stupor, Terrence was still calling her name, she was touched that he didn't leave without her, though she knew he never would anyways.

"We have to leave now" said Terrence in his usual gruff voice. Immediately the door began to opened, she knew it was too late. Sabrina looked around and saw that there still were others who had not left yet, as she had. "Everyone get out of here!" she exclaimed, flashing red lights streamed out from the doorway, illuminating the forest. Sabrina quickly raised her hands and a translucent green energy wall was formed across the door, effectively holding back the agents who were going to stream out in an attempt to capture them. She looked back at the others, and locked eyes with Terrence. "Run. Run all of you! I won't be able to hold this shield up forever."

Terrence rolled his eyes at her "You know I'm not going to leave" he said, while getting on his hands, he grew fur and a tail quickly turning into a wolf. Terrence howled once, in the distance other howls could be heard. He returned his gaze to the door, now covered by the faintly glowing green energy. He growled while prowling around Sabrina protectively in a circle. Sabrina watched the door warily.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Hammurabi pulled Lucasta around the corner of the building as they escaped. Neither of them had offensive powers, at least, he didn't. Lucasta stared up to him. "If neither of us has offensive powers, then why try to escape alone?" she asked.
"You've got me there..." he muttered. "But that area is most likely already swarming with soldiers."
"There are others. They will have offensive powers, and I know you can hold your own." Lucasta persisted. "Just carry me there, we'll be fine with others."
Hammurabi let out a sigh and place her on his shoulders. She gripped his neck tightly, and he started a mad dash.

He turned the corner and noticed a girl activating a force field, standing next to a wolf.
"Don't hesitate, they're on our side." Lucasta projected into his head.
"You still won't speak around others eh?" Hammurabi began. "Well, we'll have to fix that soon."
He ran quickly towards the girl. "Hey, you're an escapee, right?" he shouted out to her.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:28 pm

King was one of the small group left behind by the ones gifted with the appropriate powers to escape. There were two girls, one making some sort of.. forcefield, and the other with a man beside her. It looked like a wolf was besides the forcefield-girl. He decided to let things play out first, the couple were asking the girl and the wolf something. If it turns out well, he'll join in too and increase his chance of survival. He used his technique once already before he was released by Margie, anything above two more and he'll go negative. That wouldn't be good, it would be likely that everyone would ditch him to die.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
((Technically my character ran away and then ran back for a day and then received training to be a hunter but hey, they're details!))

Alert Level 10 huh? Well that was the highest one. Permission to use lethal force was in full effect he presumed. FUNGUS reached the door and opened it. It was surprising difficult to budge for some reason. Oh wait, children like him wouldn't be dumb enough to leave this unobstructed now were they? He took a step back and took a deep breath. Focusing on forming a mono-molecular blade from his hand. Steel or not, this door was not getting in his way. He brought it down in an open arc. Anyone could see as soon as the door gave way to his blade that he was wide open to attack. The only good thing was that nobody outside would see his transformed hand and he endeavoured to keep it that way, morphing the limb back to its original shape as fast as possible.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:43 am
Site Admin

OOC: Oh sorry, I must have glanced over that part.

Sabrina heard Terrence growling even more than before, but just as soon as he had started the growl had stopped and he trotted over to her side, still keeping a watchful eye on the door. It wouldn't be long before they called for someone who would be capable to get through the door and her shield.

"Hey, you're an escapee, right?" shouted a man nearby. She turned to see who was speaking while still maintaining control over the shield. A man stood staring at her with a young child sitting on his shoulder. "Yes" she said, immediately afterwards there was a large explosion coming from somewhere deep within the forest. That probably meant that agents had used the other doors to chase the others. Terrence began to growl again. Sabrina had felt something faint touch the force field for a second, it was quick but she knew that her force field had been penetrated; another few strikes and a person would get through. She looked back at the man and the child.

“Ok...we’ll have to retreat into the forest” she said to the man and the child, she repeated it louder so that everyone would hear her. “We’ll have to retreat into the forest!” She stepped away backwards from the door, keeping her hands raised towards the door. “I won’t be able to keep the shield up if we go too far. You guys run ahead while I-”

She was interrupted by a flash of light and a wave of heat, followed by the sound of rockets. “Sabs!” called a flaming haired young man, Terrence growled once again. The boy extinguished the flames that permitted him to fly and landed on the ground acrobatically. “Sorry for my random, though ever so helpful crash of the party.” He said charismatically “You guys go ahead, and I’ll try to catch up later.” Sabrina stared at him for a brief second, unsure of what to do. “Go” he said cheerily, and he cracked his knuckles, turning towards the barrier that stood between him and the agents.

Sabrina turned to those who had stayed behind “Everyone! Run!” she exclaimed. Terrence locked eyes with her, and they both ran into the forest as did the other escapees, making sure that the child and the man ran alongside her, they seemed like they wanted her help and she graciously would. “Ok Jason, we’re gone. I’m going to lower the shield” she yelled from a few meters away.

The green wall of energy blinked out and standing in front of the door stood Jason, his hair flickering and burning, while his eyes glowed a bright orange. He opened his hands fire jet streamed from them, lighting everything in front of him on fire. “Alright agents! Play time is over!” he yelled to those who stood at the door. Vision watched the pyrokinetic skills without a single emotion crossing his face, he yawned. "Don't kill him." he said calmly while lighting a cigarette.
OOC: Umm...alright I'm feeling a bit sick so if I disappear....yeah

Edit: Nevermind...I think I was suffering from a lack of sleep.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Kuru looked down the hall to see agents scurrying around with weapons while the level 10 alarm rang. He crossed the hall into the next room to look for a computer to form into a weapon. He had figured that he would probably be the best person to handle his subjects, because the agents would probably shoot them up too badly or someone like Huntress would probably disembowel their guts and trample all over them, leaving him nothing good to dissect later on. He fashioned a computer around his arm in seconds into a high powered weapons that shoots beams that paralyzes anyone it hits for hours. Frowning in disappointment from the thought of Huntress violently killing one of his subjects, he headed outside to where the action was to retrieve his them.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 pm

It was then that the wall of flame rose up in front of him. A fire user. That was just bad luck. There were too many of them to remember in the dossier he was given. Vision, who was still nearby asked that the boy spared. This was going to be tricky. First things first, to get through the wall of flames. FUNGUS could make out a small silhouette a bit farther behind the obstacle and he deduced that it must be the one in his way. Pulling the sleeves back on his suit, he changed his right arm in to a steel shield and ran through the flames. He was fast enough that his clothes didn't catch fire but now he was probably in plain view of the pyro and still recovering from his dash. Not a great place to be in this kind of situation.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:22 pm

OOC: I'm tempted to experiment with first person.

IC: Luther relaxed his illusion, letting the excessive gunsmoke dissipate slowly. Margie's safe. He didn't bother following her, there wasn't much more he could do. Gunsmoke and mirrored images could only do so much to help her, she needed a real refuge to stay alive. Reality, or rather realness, was beyond Luther.

So the body's a fake. Margie had just told him, unbinding Luther from the control of the facility. Their threats to kill the vegetable were empty all along. Someone else had the other body, the one that twitched and rolled whenever Luther used his powers, the one he may be able to truly own. Luther had "possessed" some people before, but that was merely the power of suggestion, capitalizing on sheepish minds and mental disorders to make his disembodied voice authoritive. He never moved an arm, only suggested it. What is it like to be alive, to alter the world through one's own hands? Sensation, sweat, exhaustion, existance, everything that Luther envied lay in that comatose flesh, now swiftly taken away. Has the family decided to cut it off, let it die? Did the agency learn about the new body?

But that could be dealt with later. FUNGUS was going to capture Margie's children. Luther whizzed several bullets by FUNGUS's head, complete with the crackle of automatic gunfire coming in the opposite direction of the flames. He'll suspect me, no doubt. Might as well add insult to injury. Luther sat in a tree as the old gray cat, holding a miniature Tommy gun in his paws.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:51 am

Hammurabi ran with the girl who created the barriers through the forest, still holding Lucasta tightly to prevent her from falling off in the rush.
"Who are you?" Lucasta projected in the girl's mind. She stared hard at her, trying to peer into her mind and read it. However, she didn't possess Empathy and couldn't read any thoughts.
Hammurabi noticed her staring at the girl and shook his head. "When will you ever talk around others?" he muttered.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:54 am

Ray takes a moment to think (Wow there is a lot happening out there, I guess it is time to leave I am not sure how longs will those people cover for us, Agents will take control soon.) Ray thought.
Ray wanted to have some revenge on those agents and release some anger, But he decided to leave since this will draw unnecessary attention and he will not be able to beat all the agents because most of them have powers, Ray takes a few step back trying to notice as much as he can from the scene then he turns back and run as fast as he can hoping to find some where safe from the agents for a while.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:18 am
Site Admin

Flashing the in the corridor along with the lights of the alarms were the numerous belt buckles and zippers on tight, black leather pants and a matching leather shirt. A woman, who's high heel boots clicked with each step fall, was filing her nails with a very large nail file. She was very attractive and had a casual, relaxed look on her face.

"About time you arrived, Huntress" said Vision while blowing out the smoke from his cigar. "I think I'll kill Margie for this" he added casually. Huntress laughed, while filing her nails, they were all very pointed, and gleamed with what appeared to be fresh nail polish.

"You kill Margie, they'll kill you." she said calmly.

"And I'd be out of this mess" replied Vision. Huntress walked up to Vision and traced her nails along the man's face while whispering smoothly "I'd be glad to"

"Anyways, Jason's out there, the others fled...along with Sabrina."

"They'll be back soon enough." She slid the nail file into one of her many pockets. She frowned at Kuru, who passed her by without a word, she despised the freak. She knew that the man was definitely not right in his head, though he was one of the backbone scientist of the facility now, it made him immune to her swiftly killing him.

One of the agents managed to run through the flames, a shield on his arm quickly disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Jason flipped backwards away from the agent. While flipping he thought he saw a cat with a tommy gun, firing bullets towards the enemy. He didn't bother to dwell on it, distractions would cost him his life. He lobbed two balls of fire towards the agent, the facility doorway and the forest was illuminated by the bright flames, the shadows dancing along the trees.

The only sound that could be heard were the light footfalls and the heavy breathing of the superhumans as they ran in an undiscernible direction through the forest. Terrence was slightly ahead of them leading them to where he probably felt was safe, it was better that way. His excellent sense of smell would help them greatly.

"Who are you?"echoed a voice clearly within her head. She looked around quickly. Telepaths. She had forgotten to mentally force field her mind. The voice sounded innocent, childlike. She project a "loud" thought into her head. "I am Sabrina. The girl with the force fields. Who are you?"

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 pm

As Kuru passed Huntress while running towards the war occurring outside the doors of the facility. He hated that witch. He knew that they hated each other more than Satan hates god. Finally making it outdoors, he was left only to find that they were too far away to bother to chase now.

He stared at all of the agents that were still chasing them, giving each and everyone of them this devilish grin. "You bloody idiots!" He yelled at them furiously, even though he still had that strange grin on his face. Turning to one of the agents, he walked up to him and put his blaster onto the agent's face. He blasted him and then began to drag him inside. "One of you had to pay for allowing Margie to let them outside," he mumbled to himself, as he proceeded to drag him inside. As he entered the lab, he prepared the dissection table. I suppose it is time for me to begin my work again Kuru thought to himself as he inserted the scalpel into the arm of the agent

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Site Moderator

OOC: This seems chaotic, and curse my account timing out before I posted my other profile.

Wyatt whistled at the wall of flames. Seeing another agent (Fun guy? he never looked) run through the flames with a steel shield, he felt he should something similar. "Well, I don't have to go to a dance party, so..." his body turned black into a armored shape, hardening quickly . He ran quickly through it, a smile forming on his lips. Wonder if broken kneecaps count... he thought, as he stopped slowly, bring out his trench knives.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Finally some back up FUNGUS thought. Not a moment too soon too as the crack of a speeding bullets whizzed by his head. He didn't look back. It would be foolish to presume the children were armed. Even if they were, it would be the semi-automatic auto-loaders (a.k.a. pistols) that human agents used and not such a rapid firing weapon that seemed to be trying to light him up. Speaking of lighting him up, the pyro hurled two great balls of fire at him. This was definitely not his day as FUNGUS made a shield of graphite from his forearm. It would be physically weak but it had a high melting point. From the corner of his eye, he saw Slime emerge from the flames in style and hoped that he saw the incoming projectiles and take appropriate action before he gets singed unnecessarily so. Huntress was still not present. FUNGUS sighed, he'd rather go after the ones that would talk instead of resorting to violence. That and he probably would like to get more information on the escapees. He knew some of them by looks though they probably wouldn't remember a faceless agent like him.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:11 am

OOC: Alright, next time someone's shooting at your head, you better assume it's friendly. <_<

IC: He's not falling for it. Luther tossed the gun away and lept off the tree into nothingness.

A second agent came to back up FUNGUS, but the Huntress was notably missing. "Get back here before I rip your spines out! They're rioting inside the base! Play with him later!" Luther mimicked the Huntress's scorn bellowing from behind them.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 am
 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next