The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:11 am

[ 5 posts ] 
[2/20] Smash Island S2 V 
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Click here to sign up!

Chat is here.

Previous Tournaments:
Smash Island IV
Smash Island V
Smash Island VI
Smash Island VII
Smash Island VIII
Smash Island IX
Smash Island IX.5
Smash Island X
Smash Island XI
Smash Island XII
Smash Island XIII
Smash Island XIV
Smash Island XV
Smash Island S2 I
Smash Island S2 II
Smash Island S2 III
Smash Island S2 IV

This is Dark Ermac, coming at you live, straight off of the heels from the cluster that was Smash Island IV.

For this next tournament, I have made 2 major changes to the rules:
1 - No more Bo5 top 8. Let's face it, no tournament should be able to drag on for 7 hours. This rule was found to be the main reason for everything going way overtime. From now on, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals are once again the only Bo5 sets.
2 - If, at any time, you suffer from lag against an opponent, you may request either a speedtest or a game reduction. In the case of a speedtest, I will eliminate a player if I find that their connection speed is not up to par, but the game will not count towards the FCR MU Chart if it is decided in this fashion. In the case of a game reduction, you may choose to cut down the time by changing the rules to 3 stock, 7 minutes; 2 stock, 5 minutes; or 1 stock, 3 minutes; depending on how bad the lag is. If the lag is unplayable, yet these rules don't fix anything, I will advance whoever has the better connection regardless of connection speeds.

Let's hope that these changes will provide for a more... pleasant... experience this time.

Once again, again, I have opted to omit the rules from this post to force you to go read the full ruleset on Challonge. Not that I actually expect any of you to read it, but whatever.

Last edited by Dark Ermac on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
We not S2 anymoar.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:04 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

That was a hard flub.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 pm

MGN Username: searching...
Currently Playing: loading...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93 ... n=e36111b4

Every-day, under our very lives, endures a community of sufferers what we preferably identify now as laggers. These poor, hurt, and deprived souls constantly tolerate relentless streams of continuous bombardment to there meager connection speed. As a result, much of their potential lay hidden away by thick layers of contempt, transient hours of frustration, and ugly connection reception. To help eliminate at-least one sufferer, I ask that you send a donation, whatever amount you can afford, to help our friend Masky out. He'll truly appreciate this and remember it for the rest of his lag-free life. A monthly contribution of $10 from 40 individuals is all we need to get this project underway. And with your support, we can truly make a sizable impact in at-least one distressed life. After you donate, I'm sure you'll certainly feel the true ecstasy of joy from giving to the less WiFi-fortunate. Please....don't make our friend rest in pepperoni...(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

Also check out these up-coming tournaments as well... ;D { http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/0xyPbhEtNC } & { http://challonge.com/Vanilla1 }

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93 ... n=e36111b4

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:47 pm
BR Member

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this tour to make it the best Smash Island of 2016!

Not that it was very difficult, mind you. Still, everything went off without any issues.

Congratulations to SoldierSunday for winning his second Smash Island in a row! Tune in next month for the threepeat.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 pm
 [ 5 posts ]