The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:49 am

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Drag Me To Hell 
Site Moderator

Go see it, now. If you don't, you'll regret it. Sam Raimi has made such great movies as The Evil Dead, The Grudge, The Boogeyman, and 30 Days of Night, but this one has got to top them. Since he started, Raimi has always been in touch with what makes us shake, what makes us cover our eyes, and what makes us laugh. He's been able to flawlessly mediate the levels of comedy and horror, but this time he's done it even better. This perfect mix of slapstick and gut wrenching gore is a must see. You'll laugh, cry, and vomit a bit in your mouth, but you'll leave with a smile on your face.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

evil dead f*** sucked...it was made to be a fail movie..did you know that, me and my friends watch that when we need a laugh, but i probably will see drag me to hell, it looks decent.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm
Site Moderator

You're an idiot. It was made on an extremely low budget and was fixed to be laughable, yet still scary. And it succeeded. For the time, that was cutting edge and highly detailed. You, being young and naive, will not understand what it strove to achieve. It was not made to be "fail" nor was it made to be a knife show. Now go watch anime or something.

Jin wrote:

Sat May 30, 2009 8:34 pm

wtf is your problem...im not some young naive idiot, its a s*** movie, even my aunt (who loves horror movies, mainly from her time 70's-80's) says its a crap movie, everyone i show it to says the same thing, so just because someone doesnt agree with you, that gives you no right to just act like a little prick, so grow up.i hate anime btw.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 pm
Site Moderator

You hate anime, that's why you have a generic anime person as your avatar.

And I can say the same for you, bad-mouthing a movie you don't have the knowledge to appreciate. However, let's not get off topic, young'un. I don't want to have to start giving out warnings. Back to Drag Me To Hell.

Jin wrote:

Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 pm

dude, i only read the manga, and suigetsu is my favorite character....this was the best pic i could find, and your the one who should get a warning, telling me i cant comment because i havent the smarts, also your the one who let this get out of topics, i said i was going to go see it anyways....so once again....dont be such a prick.

Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, I just saw it for the second time and it still blew me away. This is a must see for horror and comedy fans alike. I can safely say it's succeeded in reviving the otherwise dead horror genre.

Jin wrote:

Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

last house on the left was a great horror movie, the genre's not dead its just a amidable amount of people are passing off movies like Hannah Montana and such, but as i said, i look foward to seeing drag me to hell.

Sun May 31, 2009 1:03 am
Site Moderator

I never saw Last House on the Left. I might take a look. It's just that every horror movie that's come out recently is the same s*** we've been seeing for years. It's hard to want to see something these days because we know most of the stories regarding horror have already been thought of and not a lot of these idiot directors can think of something original. It's only once in a great while that we see something like this movie. Though I'm glad this genius is used sparingly. As Spoony said, we would probably get spoiled if there were things like this being pumped out each week. Our expectations would grow to enormous proportions and almost nothing would satisfy us.

Jin wrote:

Sun May 31, 2009 1:46 am
Site Admin

I'll probably see this next week or so, it does look good indeed.

Sun May 31, 2009 1:48 pm

Kyuubit! wrote:
I'd go see it, but I'm too young. >.>

I could always try telling them I'm 15, though. I'm tall enough.

what the f*** is that supposed to mean

Sun May 31, 2009 3:20 pm
Site Moderator

Evil Dead was a great movie. Anyone who says it sucks clearly has problems in both naiveness and spelling. A combination that would ultimately lead to the unappreciation of Evil Dead and the up most praise of Rob Zombie's Halloween. Now then, I shall lock this thread as I sense trouble on the rise.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Sun May 31, 2009 4:09 pm
Site Moderator

And I shall unlock it because no one else will be arguing about the Evil Dead series in this topic. That's already done and over with. Talk about this movie, now. I can't believe Kooby hasn't ripped it, yet. Seriously, there are downloads of it everywhere.

Jin wrote:

Sun May 31, 2009 7:02 pm
Site Moderator

You'll love it, really. It's a perfect ten.

Jin wrote:

Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 pm

OMG IT'S MADE BY THE GUY WHO MADE SPIDER-MAN?! OMG.

But seriously, it's kind of wierd to see an old Gypsy woman having a dumb grudge against the main character and gives her a curse because she wouldn't help her on her economic problems because of her sickness.

I think I'll watch it...If it's worth watching of coarse.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:39 pm
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next