The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 am

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The New Wiki Has So Much Garbage It's Unreal 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I've come to terms with the fact that a public Wiki will almost always be horrible regardless. There are only really two options.

We create an official Wiki, and we only allow a special team of volunteers with private access to edit. Maybe a user group that you need permission to join. It's never going to work as an all-public project because it always descends in to garbage. Or we ignore the current one.

If you guys are interested in this, private message me or show your support in this thread. If there is truly enough want for a really clean, moderated wiki then I'd be happy to work with a dedicated group of individuals on that.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:22 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Geno wrote:
I've come to terms with the fact that a public Wiki will almost always be horrible regardless. There are only really two options.

We create an official Wiki, and we only allow a special team of volunteers with private access to edit. Maybe a user group that you need permission to join. It's never going to work as an all-public project because it always descends in to garbage.

If you guys are interested in this, private message me or show your support in this thread. If there is truly enough want for a really clean, moderated wiki then I'd be happy to work with a dedicated group of individuals on that.

So much this^^^^^^ I'll go with option two and show my support here, count me in if that happens! Cant wait to see a Wiki that is reliable for once :tails:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
I'd love to help out. I sort of regretted not opting to help out on the wiki, plus lots of grammatical errors really showed a lack of attention to detail.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
do it. i wont ever help, but its a great idea.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:30 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Suli Hyuga wrote:
There is A LOT of incorrect and missing information regarding players. For example, CSWooly is labeled 'Semi-Professional' in terms of skill, SoldierSunday isn't even on the list of noteable players for Fox, let alone have his own Wiki Page, Niayre has been put on a lot of Noteable player sections on Character pages unnecessarily and the list goes on.

Furthurmore, according to multiple players, Niayre has actually threatened to ban the wiki accounts of anyone who attempts to fix any misinformation, such as him being on multiple Noteable player lists. There's definetely more garbage to come if people don't start spreading word of all the crap that's going on.

Myself and others (shoutouts to Mr Z) are working on correcting any false info and adding valid info, but we won't be surprised if our accounts get permabanned and the changes made are removed.

NOTE: The reason of this thread is not to s*** on the people behind the wiki, but rather make people aware of the s*** that's going on there. Also to make people aware of Niayre's possible toxic behavior.

Proof of Niayre's toxic behaviour: http://gyazo.com/fb3a44b639dabb25aa51ff9f59648fa9

As someone who has been doing some heavy contributions as of late, the Wiki in its current state is still very much a work in progress.

If a player is not listed under "Notable Players", it means that they most likely don't have a player page. Also, ZeroOR told me that SS didn't want his page to be made because SS was going to do it himself.

As for the other problems mentioned, I haven't gotten to them yet. There's only so much that 1 person can do.

Anyway, if you're going to abandon this one, sign me up for the new one.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:30 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Suli Hyuga wrote:
There is A LOT of incorrect and missing information regarding players. For example, CSWooly is labeled 'Semi-Professional' in terms of skill, SoldierSunday isn't even on the list of noteable players for Fox, let alone have his own Wiki Page

I'm gonna weigh in on these two points.

1) Too high? I'd probably agree with you on that. Should I be "Scrub"? XD

2) Niayre specifically told me not to create a page for SoldierSunday, due to his apparent "disregard for the Smasher page". This annoyed me a little because I had more data on him than any other smasher. Most of my edits are on SSF1 though, and I need to really update their stuff on that. Niayre also threw a hissy fit when I added some of the "notable players" without pages, including SS, and deleted them.

Here is my notable players chat with him:
http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25831

There should be one with TSON. Niayre will probably ban me, however, I will just stop all work on SSF if he does so. I'm just getting this out there now.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:32 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
I'd love for there to be an official wiki. No disrespect to most of the contributors to the current one, buts its a f*** mess at the moment.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:50 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Two quick questions: Is it possible to not close/delete the current wiki, but rsther make it inintational only? That would be less of a middle finger to those guys who contributed there, but also secures a higher quality.

Second, because some issues apparently have come up with player pages apparently, make one yourself and let others check read it. This would avoid arguments like "Why has X a page but I dont X is a scrub Im totally beter than him" and also making sure nothing is made-up or over the top to the point where Player Y makes him look loke a fusion of M2K and Mango or something like that. Also, player pages are no popularity contest, just like the BMTLF thread isnt one as well.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
SkaiPrower wrote:
Two quick questions: Is it possible to not close/delete the current wiki, but rsther make it inintational only? That would be less of a middle finger to those guys who contributed there, but also secures a higher quality.

Second, because some issues apparently have come up with player pages apparently, make one yourself and let others check read it. This would avoid arguments like "Why has X a page but I dont X is a scrub Im totally beter than him" and also making sure nothing is made-up or over the top to the point where Player Y makes him look loke a fusion of M2K and Mango or something like that. Also, player pages are no popularity contest, just like the BMTLF thread isnt one as well.

1) Only TSON can.

2) That's the policy.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:17 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Ill help out with an official wiki

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Waifu: Yume
This is what happens when you let basics run something. How did this even happen anyway, I don't follow the wiki or its production.

I didn't even read Geno's post. Whoops.

I think the best way to go about a wiki is to have applications so we know they're knowledgeable. Kind of like Backroom apps, it's probably the quickest and easiest way to ensure that the wiki is properly ran with viable information. A usergroup for this would be cool too I guess.

Last edited by ShowT on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I will go for option 1, I'm not sure if I can help but I'd be happy to see something official

Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I apologize for my behavior and the edits.

@CSWooly
That SS stuff was a mistake. I am mostly aimed at your editing problems.

The wiki has gotten a little better, but their is a lot that needs to be improved.

I am sorry for my behavior.

Also Suli that link you posted was toward Miracle 7 who was being a troll at the time who did something off a dare.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Geno wrote:

We create an official Wiki, and we only allow a special team of volunteers with private access to edit. Maybe a user group that you need permission to join. It's never going to work as an all-public project because it always descends in to garbage. Or we ignore the current one.

/in

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:31 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Sachamel
I've been working in the wiki a lot recently updating special move pages and would love to help out if a new one is made.

Regarding the "notable player" issue, I'd think there needs to be some standarization on what being one means. The most obvious criteria for me would be tournament placings; creating an official list with all the conditions could be a great idea.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:45 pm
 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next