The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:06 pm

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Meta Knight 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Meta Knight specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:39 pm

MGN Username: WumpaKid101
Currently Playing: SSF2
Looks like someone has Shuttle Loop for their Beta Up B. :metaknight:

I'm improving :D

Tue May 30, 2017 2:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
WumpaKid101 wrote:

It always was called Shuttle Loop in virtually every game lmao
Now it is the Smash 4 version, which I am not a fan of at all. rip Up B movement

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
TSF|Skylar wrote:
WumpaKid101 wrote:

It always was called Shuttle Loop in virtually every game lmao
Now it is the Smash 4 version, which I am not a fan of at all. rip Up B movement

Shuttle Loop Lite is what I'd like to call it.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
For being one of the best in 9b, I don't see that many nerfs. Or maybe I didn't play (against) him enough to know :chibirobo:

Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
MK still looks great this version, if not better :chibirobo:

Fair being two hits now doesnt seem to be a great deal at all tbh, still good for edgeguards/combos
Bair range is not stupid anymore, like it
Nair doesnt to 20% anymore, also nice

FTilt1/2 shenanigans are completely gone now. If Im seeing this correctly there was a global change that stops being able to cancel Jabs/multihit tilts into Smashes/grabs instantly. Kinda sad, but it was kinda silly. FTilt1 now also remains as MKs only grounded Jab Reset option, and due to the aforementioned change you cant Jab Lock at all as far as I can tell. FTilt in general seems to connect worse as well now.

DTilt now sends straight up for some really nasty followups
DThrow is broken lol
BThrow can be DIed much more it seems. UThrow and FThrow feel about the same, but I didnt play much MK yet

Drill Rush is now purely for horizontal recovery because you cant angle it nearly as much as before. It also moves you back much further now at the end, which is kinda neat I guess?

Cape got quite the distance buff, making it the preferred recovery option now it seems. KO power is either same or slightly worse.
Smash 4 Up B is... well Smash 4 Up B. Going to miss the glide though.

Tbh I dont think Im going to play much MK this version. I dont know exactly why, but he lost his appeal to me. Still a really good character though as far as Day 2 analysis stuff can go.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
When I used meta knight in this beta and tried to pull off combos, I actually ended up doing 1 crazy combo just by pressing buttons, not actually sure what moves I was doing in order LOL.

But since I also play ssb4, meta knights down b in ssf2 beta now feels different, like it doesn't go as far as it can in ssb4 (maybe i'm wrong).

Either way meta knight is TON of fun to play right now.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Wed May 31, 2017 4:30 pm

Found a neat little trick/glitch. Using MK's dair while landing makes him slide along the ground. Doing this after a dash dramatially increases the distance he travels. This could be used for comboing, following up on his the dair itself and edge cancelling. I hope they keep this in, it could be applied in super interesting ways :smile:

Attachments:
200w_d (1).gif
200w_d (1).gif [ 92.83 KiB | Viewed 5834 times ]
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
rip ^

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 am

Edit: I honestly think :metaknight: should be able to grab right after his 3rd- 4th hit of his neutral attack, (cause others can do the same to him), or able to run/fly or up b away right after the 3rd hit.

To be honest idk if you already can, just when I play online I can't seem to run away or stop immediately and move away after doing the neutral attack (mostly cause it's laggy when I play against ppl online lol).

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 pm

So, some characters I seem to be struggling against (might be cause of lag but eh) is:

:bowser: : His up air really is the only thing i'm scared of from him, and if i try to get away from an up air (sometimes have no jump) with down special, I think he can quickly get down on the ground before your able to move away after the down b and grab you or something. I can still combo him easily, it's just when he starts to chase you while your in the air is my problem.

:luigi: : Fighting :luigi: is kinda scary for me same reason as what I said for :bowser: except the catching me when I land with down special part. :luigi: has good combos and i'm not sure if using nair will help me get out of them? I honestly haven't used it much (besides for edge guarding), but if any other :metaknight: t mains could tell me what they do to escape combos from :luigi: , that would be great.

Falco: Is same reason as :luigi: and probably :bowser: .

:sonic: : When he's spin dashing, I usually try to shield or run up shield, and get out of shield after the spin dash hit to catch him, but I usually have problems with that (which is probably just a lag problem cause most sonics i've faced were in laggy matches).

I'm still trying to learn match ups so getting advice from others would be great if you guys could :bump:

Edit: I think one of the main things I need to try to do, is use a neutral attack to stop them from hitting me, then on the 3rd or 4th hit, just run away (I think i tried grabbing after a neutral attack or even tornado, but they always seem to get a hit in before I do after the tornado or neutral attack if you don't run away after).

Also they can attack/grab :metaknight: after his 3rd hit of his neutral attack (even when your still continuing the neutral attack).

I don't always rely on down special to make get aways, but yeah.

What other characters do you guys think :metaknight: may/does have trouble fighting?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:20 am

darkrinorex wrote:
So, some characters I seem to be struggling against (might be cause of lag but eh) is:

:bowser: : His up air really is the only thing i'm scared of from him, and if i try to get away from an up air (sometimes have no jump) with down special, I think he can quickly get down on the ground before your able to move away after the down b and grab you or something. I can still combo him easily, it's just when he starts to chase you while your in the air is my problem.

:luigi: : Fighting :luigi: is kinda scary for me same reason as what I said for :bowser: except the catching me when I land with down special part. :luigi: has good combos and i'm not sure if using nair will help me get out of them? I honestly haven't used it much (besides for edge guarding), but if any other :metaknight: t mains could tell me what they do to escape combos from :luigi: , that would be great.

Falco: Is same reason as :luigi: and probably :bowser: .

:sonic: : When he's spin dashing, I usually try to shield or run up shield, and get out of shield after the spin dash hit to catch him, but I usually have problems with that (which is probably just a lag problem cause most sonics i've faced were in laggy matches).

I'm still trying to learn match ups so getting advice from others would be great if you guys could :bump:

Edit: I think one of the main things I need to try to do, is use a neutral attack to stop them from hitting me, then on the 3rd or 4th hit, just run away (I think i tried grabbing after a neutral attack or even tornado, but they always seem to get a hit in before I do after the tornado or neutral attack if you don't run away after).

Also they can attack/grab :metaknight: after his 3rd hit of his neutral attack (even when your still continuing the neutral attack).

I don't always rely on down special to make get aways, but yeah.

What other characters do you guys think :metaknight: may/does have trouble fighting?

Meta Knight does seem to have trouble now, last version... his aerials barely have any endlag. I compared both Meta Knights. It seems Beta MK has gained a bit more power, but speed is lost. His back air no longer has the ridiculous range it has last version, and it has more endlag making it unsafe to use near the ground.

Although some of his attack has traded power for speed, such his FSmash which comes out faster now, but it has more endlag. DAir is now a bit faster, but when I tested it's Ko'ing potency... It has weakened.

I don't know. All I know is that he is close to his Smash 4 counterpart now.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 am

So I think right now, :metaknight: up tilt is the best way to start combos.

You can actually use his up tilt probably 2-3 times in a row from very low percent and Idk if they can get out (so this is a good thing to have :mrgreen: ).

I'm trying to see if I can make a 0 to death combo with :metaknight: .

I'm test out his up tilt combos more and see if I can come up with a 0 to death combo and reply again.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Is there a meta ssf2 beta discord?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 pm

So another cool thing I found that could be either useful in certain situations I guess is, when :metaknight: does a back throw, you can immediately use the jab hit (once) and can possibly follow up with a dash attack or something (though they may also have time to do something before you try to follow up), but this may or may not be useful.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:41 pm
 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next