The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
Final Fantasy 

CRAB COMBAT wrote:
The best FF game to start with is 10.

Or, you couldn't, you know...
start with the first game, then play the rest in ascending order.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 am

CRAB COMBAT wrote:
That's a retarded thing to do.

I-It works w-with s-s-some g-games...

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
CRAB COMBAT wrote:

I couldn't play 10. I just couldn't stand it. Tidus annoyed me too much.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:09 am
YIM
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Chilly wrote:
I have never beaten a single FF game. 13 was the first one I ever played, which wasnt a very good start. FF XIII lacked a lot of things but a good battle system was the biggest. I don't mind ATB systems as long as i can freely move my character. Not being able to dodge attacks made the game entirely to hard. I made it to orphan and lost interest.
Do you own a PS3?

If you do. Go on the Playstation store. Buy Final Fantasy IX. And VII. And VI. You can skip VIII until you're ready to read A LOT about the battle system and how to play it.

CRAB COMBAT wrote:
VII is a good game, but it's ridiculously overrated.

I think the opposite is happening now. Everyone is just like "LOL ITZ OVERRATED", I never see anyone defending it anymore for it to deserve the "overrated" badge.

Lucy wrote:
CRAB COMBAT wrote:

I actually didn't mind Tidus that much. Mainly because his personality fit his backstory and situation. Now Hope in 13 on the other hand... f***' hate that kid. The name puns didn't help. At all.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:52 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
Hakker wrote:
Lucy wrote:
CRAB COMBAT wrote:

I actually didn't mind Tidus that much. Mainly because his personality fit his backstory and situation. Now Hope in 13 on the other hand... f***' hate that kid. The name puns didn't help. At all.

The voice of Tidus bad too IMO. If I ever actually get 13, I'll see how unbearable Hope is. I don't often mind nicknames or puns (Although Teddie's in Persona 4 did get annoying after a while) so I'm unsure on how I'll see him.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 am
YIM
Legendary Ghost

Lucy wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Lucy wrote:
CRAB COMBAT wrote:

The voice of Tidus bad too IMO. If I ever actually get 13, I'll see how unbearable Hope is. I don't often mind nicknames or puns (Although Teddie's in Persona 4 did get annoying after a while) so I'm unsure on how I'll see him.
That's just it, it's not nicknames(with the exception of Lightning), it's their NAMES. I mean, for f*** sake. Hope, Snow, Lightning and Fang. The only ones (of the playable cast) that I can take seriously are Lightning's real name and Sazh.

And yeah, Tidus' voice is a bit grating, especially when he tries to get serious. I think that was mostly on the VA's part, he sounded a lot better in Dissidia.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 am

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Hakker wrote:
Chilly wrote:
I have never beaten a single FF game. 13 was the first one I ever played, which wasnt a very good start. FF XIII lacked a lot of things but a good battle system was the biggest. I don't mind ATB systems as long as i can freely move my character. Not being able to dodge attacks made the game entirely to hard. I made it to orphan and lost interest.
Do you own a PS3?

If you do. Go on the Playstation store. Buy Final Fantasy IX. And VII. And VI. You can skip VIII until you're ready to read A LOT about the battle system and how to play it.

CRAB COMBAT wrote:
VII is a good game, but it's ridiculously overrated.

I think the opposite is happening now. Everyone is just like "LOL ITZ OVERRATED", I never see anyone defending it anymore for it to deserve the "overrated" badge.

Lucy wrote:
CRAB COMBAT wrote:

I actually didn't mind Tidus that much. Mainly because his personality fit his backstory and situation. Now Hope in 13 on the other hand... f#%$&' hate that kid. The name puns didn't help. At all.

omfg this^

We can all agree that final fantasy 13 was a load of s***.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 am

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
Lucy wrote:
Is VII really that good? I know it's overrated, but I'm not sure how much.

IMO it's really good.

Though be warned, the starts is REALLY slow >_>

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 am

Final Fantasy XIII, compared to other Final Fantasies, is a load of barnicles. Not nearly as much as X with it's retarded cast and bland story, but still a load of s***. That being said I think we can all agree on one thing:

At least it's not XIV. I mean, I never even heard that it came out until I heard that it sucked a**. Normally I don't trust the reviews, but that has a bit of weight to it.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 am
Legendary Ghost

Nextoy wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII, compared to other Final Fantasies, is a load of barnicles. Not nearly as much as X with it's retarded cast and bland story, but still a load of s***. That being said I think we can all agree on one thing:

At least it's not XIV. I mean, I never even heard that it came out until I heard that it sucked a**. Normally I don't trust the reviews, but that has a bit of weight to it.
X had a bland story?

As for XIV, don't trust the reviews too much. It's still better than 13. Weak by Final Fantasy standards, but not THAT bad. The plot is actually pretty good (for so far as what's known) it's just... The battle system needs a total rework, it was boring as crap. (currently in progress, game free until it's done)

As for the reviews, a few things you gotta keep in mind :
1 : It's an MMO, and reviewers are quick to attribute things in an MMO to World of Warcraft, claiming the game ripped it off. Leaving out the fact that all the good stuff in XIV actually came from the earlier MMO that was XI(2 years older than WOW), they also forget that Blizzard pretty much pilfered everything from Everquest and similar games.

2: It was hyped to high heavens. This was gonna be THE MMO, according to people. The WoW-killer, the one that would show people how it's done, and all that jazz. So there was a lot of expectations from this game. Which brings me to the next point...

3 : Final Fantasy MMOs start off lacking. A lot of stuff (mostly end-game) is added after the release, in the form of free updates. XI had the same lacking start XIV did, but it spent the first year of it's release only in Japan. XIV got a global release. Western reviewers look at the game as it is now, and they do it within the first few days after it's released. (There was even a request from SE to not review the game just yet, to wait until a later time)

4 : The game is massive. 3 major storylines, 5 races, and a bunch of different classes, which you can in turn mix together to create hybrid classes. A reviewer spends, at most, two-three weeks playing a video game. For MMOs built mostly around the gameplay, that's all fine and dandy, but Final Fantasy XIV is a plot-driven game, not just gameplay.

Is it worthy of the title of Final Fantasy? Right now, barely. Would I suggest getting it? Not just yet. Is it better than XIII? Heaps.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 am
Legendary Ghost

CRAB COMBAT wrote:
The worst thing about Final Fantasy for me is that X-2 has the best battle system in the whole series, but the rest of the game is...

...Yeah.
God, don't even get me started. "What? It's got the job system from 3 & 5? More streamlined and able to change jobs on the go? That sounds awesome! What's the catch? ... Whaddya mean, it's a Barbie game?"

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:55 am
Site Moderator

Well it does mimic the job system of previous games. The bigger complaint I've heard is more of the "Didn't go find Yuna in a moogle outfit? HURP HURP NO 100% COMPLETION FOR YOU" thing which meant you were suppose do it over the course of several playthroughs (or by reading a guide).

Last edited by Green Mage on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm
Legendary Ghost

Back to Final Fantasy XIV : http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32096-an ... -10142011/

The new development team revealed their plans for the game. (old one got fired, good riddance)

Looking at the road map, though, it's gonna take well over a year to complete them all, at which point a free trial period will be reinstated to invite people to come try it out again.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Waifu: I'm married
FFXIII's battle system was fun during the last 20 hours of the game
but the first 50 hours were insanely boring so it's not really worth it
also, sazh is awesome compared to the rest of the cast simply because he's actually an alright character

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm
YIM WWW

The chocobo chick is still the best character in the entire game though, hands down.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 pm
 [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next