The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IX [Cave Story] 

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
I'll avenge King's death, and I'll do it right now.

Yesterday, it was pushing quite hard for BelieveBlood, Densetsu and Equinox' lynch.
Now, since this is McLeodgaming Mafia, and of the three I mentioned, two are new, I'm going to assume that the Mafia only went to Yomi layer 1.
What does this mean? It means that if the Mafia wasn't who I suspected yesterday, they would have killed me so that they could easily lynch my FoS's today.
But if they were who I suspected, they wouldn't kill me (Or Panthera or Crabby for that matter) because they would get lynched today.

So, if we go to Yomi layer 2, the absence of my death confirms that my FoS's are Mafia. Of course, the Mafia could have gone to Yomi layer 3, but this is MG so I find that unlikely.

Vote: BelieveBlood

This. My FoS are Believeblood and Equinox for the reasons I stated earlier. Add this and it just makes it even clearer.

Please don't be dum this time. Vote: Believeblood

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
I'll avenge King's death, and I'll do it right now.

Yesterday, it was pushing quite hard for BelieveBlood, Densetsu and Equinox' lynch.
Now, since this is McLeodgaming Mafia, and of the three I mentioned, two are new, I'm going to assume that the Mafia only went to Yomi layer 1.
What does this mean? It means that if the Mafia wasn't who I suspected yesterday, they would have killed me so that they could easily lynch my FoS's today.
But if they were who I suspected, they wouldn't kill me (Or Panthera[where did pathera come from? This disturbs me greatly.] or Crabby for that matter) because they would get lynched today.

So, if we go to Yomi layer 2, the absence of my death confirms that my FoS's are Mafia. Of course, the Mafia could have gone to Yomi layer 3, but this is MG so I find that unlikely.

Vote: BelieveBlood

@Deph: How King's role works is that he targets one player and kills himself to kill them. I think he failed though.

I'm assuming there's a Jenka out there.

Only thing I Commented on in bold
Anyways as always you seem to only be thinking of the possibilities if you're right.
Let's assume that instead your the mafia. Then the equation is flipped completely upside-down.
It means that if the Mafia wasn't who I suspected yesterday, they would have killed me so that they could easily lynch my FoS's today.
But if they were who I suspected, they wouldn't kill me (Or Equinox or Densetsu for that matter) because they would get lynched today.
So, if we go to Yomi layer 2, the absence of my death confirms that my FoS's are Mafia.
There's only one key difference between my scenario and yours. All of the people I suspect, Crabby,pathera, and you are all veteran mafia players. Meaning Yomi 3 is more likely if you and all of my FoS's are mafia.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:33 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
...It is so obvious though. Nice OMGUS there.

And I can change my mind all I want Mr. Smarty pants. Lynching Dephius when we had obvious Mafia targets was really dumb, but no lynching was dumber. :/

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm
BR Member

Also do you even know what Yomi means. No you don't. And honestly I don't think anyone on this forum (very much including me) is capable of Yomi layer 3.
And I'm not going to consider scenarios where I'm Mafia because I'm town and imagining things that don't exist is a waste of time.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:48 pm
BR Member

Blargh I have to remember to say everything I want to say before hitting the submit button.

Panthera comes from suspecting Equinox and being clear in my book because of what he said in the chat room.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Blargh I have to remember to say everything I want to say before hitting the submit button.

Panthera comes from suspecting Equinox and being clear in my book because of what he said in the chat room.

And what was that?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:03 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Also do you even know what Yomi means. No you don't. And honestly I don't think anyone on this forum (very much including me) is capable of Yomi layer 3.
And I'm not going to consider scenarios where I'm Mafia because I'm town and imagining things that don't exist is a waste of time.

Yomi is knowing what your opponent is going to do and acting accordingly so that the results is in your favor. It's almost like reverse psychology, from the way you talked about it(and the power of google) it wasn't really that hard to figure out. Whether someone is capable of a Yomi layer 3 is debatable, but I would think three people who have been playing mafia for a good amount of time could wrap their heads around it.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
...It is so obvious though. Nice OMGUS there.

And I can change my mind all I want Mr. Smarty pants. Lynching Dephius when we had obvious Mafia targets was really dumb, but no lynching was dumber. :/

Here you go again saying how the mafia targets were so obvious when your reasoning didn't stand to show it.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

By no means is pathera "clear" from that chat room discussion from earlier. Once again, I find it disturbing how you keep on pestering me about being a mafia over such vague reasons, but consider pathera clear after just one chat discussion.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:30 pm
BR Member

GAH JUST LYNCH HIM FOR PEAT'S SAKE.

I don't NEED to give reasons for why you're scummy. You provide ample ones in your posts.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:32 pm
BR Member

I think I've heard enough from you.

Vote: DJ Wizard Cop

Even if after all this it turns out he's not Mafia, at least I'll be able to have fun for once in this game.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 pm
SSF2 Developer

Vote: Crabby
Quote:
For the most part, Pachino/ Crabby either equivocates, supports DJ Wizard Cop , or suspects Believeblood. For the latter two, the reasoning he gives aren't very solid IMO. He doesn't seem to take into account the possibility of a safe-claim, and, like DJ Wizard Cop, appears to vote for BelieveBlood on the grounds of an ambiguous post made by BelieveBlood.

I think he's trying a bit hard to get BelieveBlood lynched. So is DJ Wizard Cop, who at least has a claim.

Also, DJ Wizard Cop's claim could still be a safe-claim.
Why? Take a look at the characters in Cave Story. We have a 15-player set-up.

The following are confirmed roles:
Sue
King
Cthulthu
Ballos
Ma Pignon

We have 9 roles left. These are very likely to be in the game:
Curly
Balrog
Misery
The Doctor

And that leaves us with five other characters not yet listed. Is there a possibility that DJ Wizard Cop's character is indeed a safe-claim? I think, yes.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
GAH JUST LYNCH HIM FOR PEAT'S SAKE.

I don't NEED to give reasons for why you're scummy. You provide ample ones in your posts.

Cut the steady stream of s*** and just give it to us.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

I just... don't see how Believeblood is scummy.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 pm
SSF2 Developer

Guys, DJ Wizard Cop has a claim. Possibly not a legit one, but still a claim.
Crabby doesn't. He also supports voting for Believeblood. If you guys think DJ Wizard Cop is suspicious (which I do too), you guys might also want to take a look at him.

Not that I'm against voting for DJ Wizard Cop, just that Crabby is a safer option at the moment since we can still analyze him claim.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:59 pm

@ Dephius: I think it was this...

Quote:
[02/06/2012 9:09:27 PM] Panthera leo: that was the most derp fool win i've ever seen
[02/06/2012 9:11:07 PM] 194: inb4 all fool victories are derp
[02/06/2012 9:11:09 PM] 194: inb4 all fools are derp
[02/06/2012 9:11:14 PM] Master Handjob: lol
[02/06/2012 9:11:19 PM] Panthera leo: no, but day one
[02/06/2012 9:11:26 PM | Edited 9:11:50 PM] Panthera leo: i was so mad when i saw that
[02/06/2012 9:11:45 PM] Panthera leo: i said "stop voting" but everyone was "you're scum" lol

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 pm

135 wrote:
Not that I'm against voting for DJ Wizard Cop, just that Crabby is a safer option at the moment since we can still analyze him claim.

Ninja'd

Anyway, I'm not to sure about his claim, but most mafia players are given a safe claim in their roles. And remember he did know what his claim was before the game started and apparently got it. But any townie has zero reason to lie about anything.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm
 [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next