The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 5 posts ] 
Alright, pressing my luck here... 

Guys, Pokemon really needs a section. Now, before you lock, I'm not suggesting that Pokemon has its own section, rather that SSB and Pokemon are both subsections of console gaming. Now I know this doesn't seem convincing right now, but let me tell you a bit about Pokemon...

-Pokemon may seem like a simple, kiddy game, but ask any competitive Pokemon player, it's waaay more complicated than the surface shows it to be. Competitive Pokemon has so many elements to it, maybe even moreso than Brawl. This is not easily compacted into one topic. With a subsection, there could be several stickies to prevent this.

-Pokemon, believe it or not, has its own tier list. This shows it to be pretty on par with Brawl, and it would be nice to have a place to put this on MG so competitive Pokemon players have a place to look at this.

-Pokemon is really popular. This is a place that not only can be used for hardcore competitive stuff, but just general talk about the Pokemon games, casual stuff, you know? Again, only having one topic makes everything reeeeally cluttered, while a subsection would make this easy.

Please, admins, consider this. I'll admit, it sounds a bit ridiculous at first, but after you see how much there is to Pokemon, you'll be glad for making the decision of a subsection.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:56 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

SSB gets a subsection because it's what SSF is based on.

There isn't a lot to Pokémon.

There isn't.

If you believe there is, go read the lore of Warhammer, or grow up.

:lock:

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Uhm.... hold on there, Hakker. Instead of just a 'Pokemon' sub-forum, how about a Wi-Fi one? That would be the main reason for a Pokemon section in the first place, and since Pokemon doesn't need its own section, apparently....

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:45 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
For the record, SSB has a section, not Pokemon, because this is a Smash oriented forum.

And Hakker, Pokemon actually gets pretty complicated when competitive players start to... overcomplicate it.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:51 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
TerminX wrote:
For the record, SSB has a section, not Pokemon, because this is a Smash oriented forum.

And Hakker, Pokemon actually gets pretty complicated when competitive players start to... overcomplicate it.
And that's why Pokemon has sites and forums dedicated to competitive players. Just like Warhammer, Warcraft, heck, even Yu-Gi-Oh. Not here. And Termin's explanation about the section is correct.

No discussion.

:lock:

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:55 pm
 [ 5 posts ]