The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 9:46 am

[ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
X Tournament Series: The Meta Thread 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Hmm, I'm not sure how to interpret the results (trying to figure this stuff out on my own lol), but I think it would be valuable data to know who won which tournament as well as which characters are predominately used by each player. The same goes for the most recent Smash Island tournaments, I think it is safe to say the first ones are out of date with the the metagame.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure how to interpret the results (trying to figure this stuff out on my own lol), but I think it would be valuable data to know who won which tournament as well as which characters are predominately used by each player. The same goes for the most recent Smash Island tournaments, I think it is safe to say the first ones are out of date with the the metagame.

I agree, it would be valuable information to know which characters are used to win tournaments and how strong their representation in tournaments are along with which characters hardly get represented.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Perhaps, and I will likely implement characters in XSSv3.

Who wins each tournament is likely going to be implemented in FCRv2, as that's it's sole basis.
@Dark Ermac

(when's tagging)

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:12 am
YIM WWW

Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Perhaps, and I will likely implement characters in XSSv3.

Who wins each tournament is likely going to be implemented in FCRv2, as that's it's sole basis.
@Dark Ermac

(when's tagging)

Yeah this might help with which characters meta games are being developed, which characters meta games are being developed slightly and which characters meta games are in need of developing.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:47 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
ZERO_OR wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

I agree, it would be valuable information to know which characters are used to win tournaments and how strong their representation in tournaments are along with which characters hardly get represented.

PhWr > Yeah that is what a ranking system is for. You're right about the first ones though.
Zero_OR > Keep in mind that it's possible for a character who won tournaments to get hardly represented (i.e Kyoz's ZSS) . Right now due to the fact that tournament winners haven't changed much for months.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Lunary wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

PhWr > Yeah that is what a ranking system is for. You're right about the first ones though.
Zero_OR > Keep in mind that it's possible for a character who won tournaments to get hardly represented (i.e Kyoz's ZSS) . Right now due to the fact that tournament winners haven't changed much for months.

Oh I know. That's why I included everything. Characters who hardly get represented can still win a tournament. Kyoz's ZSS is similar to Salem's ZSS in Brawl, in which Salem was able to win a tournament with a character who people thought wouldn't be top tier.

Also Lunary what do you think of Lloyd's representation in tournaments and along with if he is used to his full potential by others?

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:10 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Where do I sign up?

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
blackking1700 wrote:
Where do I sign up?

Here.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:24 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ZERO_OR wrote:
Lunary wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

Oh I know. That's why I included everything. Characters who hardly get represented can still win a tournament. Kyoz's ZSS is similar to Salem's ZSS in Brawl, in which Salem was able to win a tournament with a character who people thought wouldn't be top tier.

Also Lunary what do you think of Lloyd's representation in tournaments and along with if he is used to his full potential by others?

The funny thing about your comparison between Kyoz and Salem is that they are brothers.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 am

ZERO_OR wrote:

Sacrebleu I suck at analyzing.
Not important: show
Okay so there is usually three reasons why a QUOTATION MARK "broken" QUOTATION MARK character is not played that much :
- People forget about him
- He actually requires some skill
- People don't like him.

As for me , I don't really care. I guess Lloyd is one of those chars for scrubs who can't play (same with Naruto).

If he is used to his full potential? Well if every character was played at full potential (hidden shots) , Lloyd would be a lesser threat.
Full potential Lloyd is flashy but not as scary as a FP Marth , ZSS or 20XX Fox.
I'll need to wait for more than 3-4 (Skailler is the only one I think about tho) playing him in tournaments before thinking about it.
I'll also wait for people to become QUOTATION MARK "gods" QUOTATION MARK too

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Actually, I used to main Lloyd, but I got a lot of flack for it (but that's when Lloyd was even more broken than he is considered to be now lol)
Still like him as a character, just can't use him for that reason and maybe a couple more that I'm keeping to myself

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:03 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
I am very glad for the great success of Smash Island X and I personally congratulate Lunary for yet another win. However there was one glaring flaw that I cannot stand, and I am pretty sure people will run away from X when I finish this post.

The ignorance of players is really high in tournaments. Normally I would not care as a TO, but because of this ignorance at this event, one of the rules that sets X apart from Hypest and Smash Island was violated and it caused me to stop streaming the event entirely. I designed X to not only be a ranked style of event, but an event for the viewers. Smash Island X was on the front page of Smashboards but I could not deliver because of the X rule being violated and I decided to cut the stream because of it. It seems I need to be a little harder on players. Violation of the X rule originally led to overruling the set count and disqualifying the initiator, but I rarely enforced it because of it's difficulty. Instead, I have decided:

Any violation of the X Rule will result in a ban from all X tournaments throughout the rest of the annual period (rest of the year). Violation of the X Rule during X13 (December X) or the X Annual will result in a ban for the following year.
Alongside this, all of your rankings for the year will be completely wiped from all sheets.
This rule will only apply to monthlies (numbered X tournaments) and annuals. Qualifiers and other scored tournaments will still run under their own rules.

We got on the front page of Smashboards and we failed them. Maybe this will knock some sense into players.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:38 pm
YIM WWW

Doqtor Kirby wrote:
I am very glad for the great success of Smash Island X and I personally congratulate Lunary for yet another win. However there was one glaring flaw that I cannot stand, and I am pretty sure people will run away from X when I finish this post.

The ignorance of players is really high in tournaments. Normally I would not care as a TO, but because of this ignorance at this event, one of the rules that sets X apart from Hypest and Smash Island was violated and it caused me to stop streaming the event entirely. I designed X to not only be a ranked style of event, but an event for the viewers. Smash Island X was on the front page of Smashboards but I could not deliver because of the X rule being violated and I decided to cut the stream because of it. It seems I need to be a little harder on players. Violation of the X rule originally led to overruling the set count and disqualifying the initiator, but I rarely enforced it because of it's difficulty. Instead, I have decided:

Any violation of the X Rule will result in a ban from all X tournaments throughout the rest of the annual period (rest of the year). Violation of the X Rule during X13 (December X) or the X Annual will result in a ban for the following year.
Alongside this, all of your rankings for the year will be completely wiped from all sheets.
This rule will only apply to monthlies (numbered X tournaments) and annuals. Qualifiers and other scored tournaments will still run under their own rules.

We got on the front page of Smashboards and we failed them. Maybe this will knock some sense into players.

Damn, may I ask what happened and what was violated. I am on tablet so can you just tell me here instead of going to go look somewhere else.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:56 pm

What did we do? :wee:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:01 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Yes, what did you guys do to make Dawk this aggravated?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:04 pm
 [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next